BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Most Popular Song Per Band Member
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
nirvanamusic
post 26th February 2018, 11:01 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 16,950

I'm wondering what is everyone's favourite Take That song per individual member? I'm only doing a full lead on a Take That song however it's up to you if you want to include partial leads.

I'm judging mine by my ipod play count!

Gary: Pray
Howard: Never Forget
Jason: Wooden Boat
Mark: Babe
Robbie: Everything Changes

Gary: Pray is such a great and strong vocal along with the step up of production for this track which Gary matches. He also does some great vocal work towards the end of the track with some higher notes.
(Top three runners up: Love Ain't Here Anymore, Relight My Fire, The Flood (partial lead)

Howard: Never Forget is an anthem and is perfect for Howards voice and he does a great vocal on this which in my opinion a better vocal and song hasn't been better matched for him since.
(Top three runners up: Here, Beautiful World, Mancunian Way)

Jason: What a fantastic surprise here with Wooden Boat. Jason and his guitar on a mellow track which highlights his voice perfectly. In terms of tone I would actually put Jason third behind Gary & Robbie.
(Top three runners up: The Garden (partial lead), Flowerbed, How Did It Come To This)

Mark: Babe is a song which until this time last year and the airing of the Carpool karaoke this was outplayed by both Shine and The Day After Tomorrow by me. The latter of which has led for years and was a lost opportunity single in my opinion. Marks vocals were perfect for Babe and I love the vocal harmonies he's backed up with by the other band members similar to The Day After Tomorrow. The song lyrics are also interesting telling a story and also helps this songs strength as well.
I also like the song River from Wonderland which Mark sings lead on.
(Top three runners up: The Day After Tomorrow, Do It All For Love, Shine)

Robbie: Close call between Everything Changes and Could It Be Magic his two Take That singles. Changes takes it and I think is his better vocal although overall Magic perhaps has more charm and personality behind it.
(Top three runners up: Could It Be Magic, The Flood (partial lead), Happy Now (partial lead) )

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 26th February 2018, 11:23 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jay727
post 26th February 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

This is a difficult one!

I’m going to go for:

Gary: Back For Good
Mark: Hold Up A Light
Jason: How Did It Come To This
Robbie: The Flood

Gary: this is extremely difficult. From Patience, Rule The World, These Days, Holding Back The Tears, Pray...Back For Good edges it for me. It was the first song that really struck me and turned TT into more than just a boyband.

Mark: I love Hold Up A Light. It was one of my favourite memories from all of TT’s concerts to see Mark perform this during Circus Live. Circus really was Mark’s finest album I think.

Howard: needless to say, one of the ultimate TT songs. Howard’s vocals are top notch and it’s great to see how much pride he has when he performs this. I also like Every Revolution from Wonderland and Here from Circus.

Jason: the song we all wanted for Jason. Just a shame there’s not many others to choose from.

Robbie: those first couple of lines from The Flood are so poignant and powerful. Robbie’s vocal is one of his best in years, and the live performances were fantastic. I’m hoping we’ll get a couple of new songs to choose from soon!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 26th February 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Gary: A Million Love Songs
Mark: Hold Up A Light (Julie a close second)
Jason: How Did It Come To This
Robbie: The Flood

+Quote this post
JJED2911
post 7th March 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #4
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,180

Gary- Rule the world