BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Most anticipated upcoming games?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Jan 7 2018, 02:12 AM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

So thre's a lot of games to be excited about in 2018 and beyond, such the highly anticipated sequels The Last Of Us 2 (not that i'll bother with that overrated shit), MAYBE Kindgom Hearts "(but let's be real that still won't come lmao) and Red Dead Redemption 2, a new Yoshi game for Switch and a Shadow Of The Colossus remake for PS4, as was well as new intellectual properties such as Bioware's Anthem and Sucker Punch's Ghost of Tsushima. But what are you looking forward to?

I personally can't wait for the new Spider Man game on PS4, never seen the films or anything but it looks EPIC and I am such a sucker for an open world game where you can just goof off and explore. Also really would love if Kingdom Hearts 3 actually came this year, and Beyond Good & Evil 2 should be interesting as I really liked the first one at the time and there's so much scope to build it into something brilliant with today's graphics and hardware. Ghost of Tsushima should be one to look forward to as well if it's anything as good as Infamous from Sucker Punch, although we know nothing about gameplay atm just that it's a samurai game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 7 2018, 10:10 AM
Post #2
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

These are some of the games I'm most hyped about for 2018!

God of War

When I first heard about this sequel involving Kratos having a kid I laughed at the thought, but after watching previews and seeing where the gameplay has gone I'm beyond excited! The graphics look to die for and the story looks as good as the originals; however my own beef is with the camera angle, I'm not sure if I'll get used to it being over-the-shoulder rather than up in the air.

Red Dead Redemption 2

The original Red Dead Redemption was one of my favourite games for PS3, and for it to get a sequel after so long is music to my ears! I mean who doesn't love an open-world Country & Western style game?! Whilst the central character in RDR2 is new, I'm sure it'll give plenty of easter eggs and links to the previous game; what happened to John Marston's son and their ranch?

The Last of Us 2

One of my favourite games of 2013 has always promised a sequel after the ending it had, so it's no surprise that it's one of my most anticipated! The newest trailer doesn't give any new information on Joel and Ellie's plight, but it does give us an indication of other possible major characters. I wonder how, or even if, they will tie in with the original duo?

Days Gone

Going down the open-world Zombie route is new IP 'Days Gone'. It centres around Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter living in a post-pandemic world filled with Zombie-like creatures. Some of you may have seen the original trailer for this with the now famous "zombie horde" (link here if you want to see), but the trailer I've picked shows more of the story and characters.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 7 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #3
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

The Last Of Us is probably the main reason I regret not having a Playstation (out of the exclusives that I know about, that and Persona 5 seem like really good games that I'll probably never play) so seeing it get a sequel is interesting, I wonder if it will be as well received.

As far as PC Gaming goes, I know about and am looking forward to:

Civilisation VI: Rise And Fall - the first big expansion for the newest Civ game. Having just got the actual game last night, there's definitely room to expand with more civs and strategies, even though I'm not entirely sure on the best strategies yet having just jumped in as Gandhi, so I'll be interested to see Rise & Fall out, then I'll wait for a substantial price drop like I do with everything. It's rare for me to play a game that's more than a year old but I do still try and keep my finger on the pulse to see what I'll be playing in a couple of years' time.

Actually, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, the battle royale survivor game that in early access has almost singlehandedly been responsible for 60%+ of Steam Users now being Chinese, got an official release a couple of weeks ago, I guess you might be able to sort of count that. I'm interested to see if it'll ever get a discount before the multiplayer and with it, the game, dies, it's something I might be interested in playing but I'm too cheap to go full price.

Bridge Constructor Portal, something with new Portal mechanics just got released, as did a fairly popular early access strategy game called They Are Billions.

The Steam release schedule looks very stacked although I guess most of it is trash, but I'm sure some indie game will make headlines.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 7 2018, 11:17 AM
Post #4
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jan 7 2018, 11:13 AM) *
Civilisation VI: Rise And Fall - the first big expansion for the newest Civ game. Having just got the actual game last night, there's definitely room to expand with more civs and strategies, even though I'm not entirely sure on the best strategies yet having just jumped in as Gandhi, so I'll be interested to see Rise & Fall out, then I'll wait for a substantial price drop like I do with everything. It's rare for me to play a game that's more than a year old but I do still try and keep my finger on the pulse to see what I'll be playing in a couple of years' time.

OMG honestly! drama.gif

Camden bought this and it wouldn't install so was arguing with Steam that his downloads aren't working, me and him were shouting at each other because he was being too much and then all of a sudden we see the release date isn't until February! laugh.gif The embarrassment on his face!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:14 PM