BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 114 SEMI FINAL REVEAL
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
m
post 1st May 2019, 08:44 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

German techno[citation needed]
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 1st May 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #22
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

SEMI FINAL ONE

05. Espen :: Imminence ~ Saturated Soul

ABOUT: Imminence are a Swedish alternative metalcore band consisting of vocalist and video director Eddie Berg, guitarist Harald Barrett, drummer Peter Hanström and bass player Max Holmberg.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

06. Hendinia :: Hannah Jane Lewis ~ Not Yours, Never Was
Third time's a charm for this British popstar delivering another upbeat, sassy and fun package.

ABOUT: Hannah Jane Lewis is an English singer-songwriter.
THIRD APPEARANCE: Frozen Frames {Ramrynia CVI}; Raincheck {Ultraviolenceland XCIX}

++

07. Aesthetica :: Thelma Aoyama ~ 世界の中心~We are the world~
An unabashed Eurobeat track with throwbacks to Japanese gyaru culture and para para dancing.

ABOUT: Thelma Aoyama (青山 テルマ Aoyama Teruma, born 27 October 1987) is a Japanese pop and R&B singer. She is part Afro-Trinidadian and Japanese. She is known for her collaboration song with SoulJa, "Koko ni Iru yo" and her answer song "Soba ni Iru ne". In September 2008, the Guinness World Records certified that "Soba ni Iru ne" was the best-selling digital download single in Japan with over two million "full-track" downloads (Chaku Uta Full). Including various forms of digital downloads, it sold over 8.7 million downloads by November 2008. The Guinness record was surpassed by Greeeen's song "Kiseki" in June 2009.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

08. Rolloland :: Nik Kershaw ~ The Sky's The Limit
Nik wrote the song after talking to his 9 year old daughter about what she wanted to do when she grew up.

ABOUT: Nicholas David Kershaw (born 1 March 1958) is an English singer-songwriter, composer, multi-instrumentalist and record producer. Kershaw came to prominence in the mid 1980s as a solo artist, releasing eight singles that entered the Top 40 charts in the UK during the 1980s, including "Wouldn't It Be Good", "Dancing Girls", "I Won't Let the Sun Go Down on Me", "Human Racing", "The Riddle", "Wide Boy", "Don Quixote" and "When a Heart Beats". His 62 weeks on the UK Singles Chart through 1984 and 1985 beat all other solo artists. Kershaw appeared at the dual-venue concert Live Aid in 1985 and has also penned a number of hits for other artists, including a UK number-one single in 1991 for Chesney Hawkes, "The One and Only".
SECOND APPEARANCE: The Riddle {New Alba III}

++

That must be the longest gap between appearances, Nik Kershaw last seen in edition #3!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Oops. Failed to add a description when I confirmed but have added it now.

+Quote this post
jakewild
Post #24
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

wet dollars was a potential when it first came out! hope it still has the spark

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 1st May 2019, 08:46 PM
Post #25
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

EUROBEAT *.* AESTHETICA TAKE ALL MY MONEY

+Quote this post
Brer
post 1st May 2019, 08:47 PM
Post #26
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(coi @ May 1 2019, 09:43 PM) *
laugh.gif I need a flag

I endorse this sentiment xx Would be great if you could quickly make one on MS Paint or something to fill in the gap in the flag thread magic.gif (you too WhoOdyssey)

I actually charted 'Wet Dollars' at the time it came out so it's obviously a song I've already heard but I don't remember it at all, looking forward to hearing it again if I liked it that much the first time around! Bøtanikkä already sounds great just from the title as well. (Fun fact: this is now the FOURTH time they've sent Jam El Mar under 4 different names, although at least this time it's not just a straight alias of Jam & Spoon laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 1st May 2019, 08:48 PM
Post #27
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)

also pav rly did THAT wub.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 1st May 2019, 08:49 PM
Post #28
Group icon

I got a different song by Imminence popping up on my YouTube front page the other day which I bookmarked to listen to later as it looked interesting ;o so needless to say very intrigued for that one.

Aesthetica seems like the kind of thing that might be amazing as well. x

+Quote this post
danG
post 1st May 2019, 08:50 PM
Post #29
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

SEMI FINAL ONE

09. Altyr Muunilinst :: SOAK ~ Maybe
Yet another Altyr entry that will be cruelly snubbed by the new BJSC world order.

ABOUT: Bridie Monds-Watson, better known by her stage name SOAK, is a Northern Irish singer-songwriter born in Derry in 1996. SOAK's music has been described as 'a vivid portrait of teenage deep-thinking' by The Guardian. She released her debut studio album Before We Forgot How to Dream in May 2015. “SOAK” is a phonetic portmanteau of “Soul” and “Folk”.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

10. Quintessa :: French 79 ~ Between the Buttons
An emotive electronic instrumental

ABOUT: French 79 is a techno producer from Marseille, France.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

11. St. Burbia :: Nasty Cherry ~ Win
A breezy bop.

ABOUT: Nasty Cherry are a British-American band consisting of singer Gabbriette Bechtel, guitarist (and part-time Kitten frontwoman) Chloe Chaidez, bassist Georgia Somary, and (former Charli XCX) drummer Debbie Knox-Hewson.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

12. Taahino :: Anavae ~ High
Typical Taahino style rock with a dramatic yet dark edge.

ABOUT: Anavae (often abbreviated ae, Æ or æ) are an English-rock duo from London. The group consists of Rebecca Need-Menear and Jamie Finch. Following their self-released EP Into the Aether, the band signed with English indie label LAB Records in 2013, releasing a second EP entitled Dimensions soon after.
SECOND APPEARANCE: Feel Alive {Hushkanukia LXXX}

++

Quintessa's sounds lush!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 1st May 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #30
Group icon

Quite looking forward to hearing an Altyr entry for once as I like what I've heard from SOAK! (Also sent her to Unknown Pleasures before but in the form of a remix that is very different to her usual sound)

+Quote this post
m
post 1st May 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #31
Group icon

Quintessa should be a good one!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 1st May 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #32
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I’ve heard of SOAK but I don’t think I’ve heard that particular song from her!

I wonder if Dexton managed to confirm bc if not it’s a pity that it won’t get the Holland-Oats seal of approval sad.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 1st May 2019, 08:55 PM
Post #33
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

SEMI FINAL ONE

Really liking the Tinnmark and Dobago picks this month!

13. Tinnmark :: Offer Nissim presents Jimmy Fontana ~ El Mundo

ABOUT: Offer Nissim is an Israeli DJ, remixer, and record producer. Nissim produced several official remixes to Madonna, Pet Shop Boys, Christina Aguilera, Cher, Deborah Cox, Dana International, Kristine W and other dance-pop top acts.
THIRD APPEARANCE: Miracle Part A (feat. Maya Simantov) {Espen XCIII}; ROKEDET (feat. Ania Bukstein) {Bhangra CIII}

ABOUT: Jimmy Fontana (13 November 1934 – 11 September 2013) was an Italian actor, composer and singer-songwriter. Two of his most famous songs are "Che sarà", performed also by José Feliciano with Ricchi e Poveri and "Il Mondo".
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

14. République d’Áskorza :: Mutya Keisha Siobhan ~ Only You

ABOUT: Mutya Keisha Siobhan (often shortened to MKS) are an English girl group based in London. Formed in 2011, the group consists of Siobhán Donaghy, Mutya Buena and Keisha Buchanan. The trio comprises the founding members of the Sugababes, although each of them individually departed the group in 2001, 2005 and 2009, respectively. As the Sugababes, the group released their first album, One Touch, in 2000.
SECOND APPEARANCE: I'm Alright {République d'Ashton C}

*Sugababes have had 4 previous appearances with different lineups. Additionally, Mutya Buena and Siobhan Donaghy have had 2 previous appearances each

++

15. Dobago :: Shogun ~ Skyfire
Befitting of a contest held in such a fine nation.

ABOUT: Shogun (real name Andrew Chen) is an Asian-American DJ.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

16. Trifoski :: Kite ~ Dance Again
euphoric and moving synthpop from Sweden.

ABOUT: Kite are a Swedish synthpop group composed of Nicklas Stenemo (The Mo, Melody Club) and Christian Berg (Yvonne, Strip Music, The April Tears). Originating from Malmö and now based in Stockholm they are signed to Progress Productions and have published six EPs since their debut in 2008. Each of them was released on CD and as a limited vinyl record edition. Kite have performed on festivals like Recession Festival in Århus, Denmark, and on Arvika Festival and Putte i parken in Sweden and Wave Gotik Treffen Leipzig.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

join the live chat and plug your own entry on plug.dj!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 1st May 2019, 08:57 PM
Post #34
Group icon

Nik Kershaw's record for longest span of appearances lasted all of 10 minutes. x

+Quote this post
m
post 1st May 2019, 08:57 PM
Post #35
Group icon

omg Mutya Keisha Siobhan <3

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 1st May 2019, 08:58 PM
Post #36
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Anavae and Nasty Cherry biggrin.gif

also lol @MKS being sent as soon as we lose the Sugababes forum

+Quote this post
danG
post 1st May 2019, 09:00 PM
Post #37
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

SEMI FINAL ONE

FARC's entry is, indeed, a banger.

17. Utopia :: Hayden Thorpe ~ Love Crimes

ABOUT: Hayden Norman Thorpe (born January 20, 1986) is an English singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, originally from Kendal, Cumbria and currently based in London. From 2002 to 2018, Thorpe was the frontman of the indie pop band Wild Beasts, which he initially co-founded as a duo with guitarist Ben Little. Eventually expanding into a four-piece, the band released five studio albums on Domino Records to much critical acclaim, yet only modest commercial success. Following the band's dissolution, Thorpe pursued a solo career, and is set to release his debut Diviner through Domino in May 2019.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

18. Harmonica :: Sally ~ Calculated
New Zealand pop that packs a light-hearted punch.

ABOUT: Sally is a pop singer from New Zealand.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

19. FARC :: Kokiri ~ Other Side Of Love
BANGER.

ABOUT: Kokiri (real name Kevin Williams) is a house DJ from Liverpool.
FIRST APPEARANCE:

++

20. Kylienips :: Caravan Palace ~ Miracle
Its sexy, provoking, lust and a bit rude.

ABOUT: Caravan Palace is a French electronic music band based in Paris. The band's influences include Django Reinhardt, Vitalic, Lionel Hampton, and Daft Punk. The band released their debut studio album, Caravan Palace, on the Wagram label in October 2008. The record charted in Switzerland, Belgium, and France, where it reached a peak position of number 11.
SECOND APPEARANCE: Lone Digger {Kluminican Republic LXXX}

++

join the live chat and plug your own entry on plug.dj!

+Quote this post
Klaus
Post #38
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

wow

+Quote this post
jakewild
Post #39
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)

QUOTE(Mattias @ May 1 2019, 09:52 PM) *
Quintessa should be a good one!

it is!

+Quote this post
Silas
Post #40
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Only You is f***ing magnificent and it deserves to be heard as widely as possible

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:14 AM