BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 114 CONFIRMATIONS, 29/04/19, 23:59 BST
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 23rd April 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

Good evening, this is Dan Daniels for Channel Dan reporting.

It is a warm day in Aelan; the nation of Danæviia had just won the Buzzjack Song Contest for the second time. Preparations begin for Thomas Bergersen's grand welcome to the country to commemorate his composition providing us with the win. Bergersen, a Terra Avi national had not yet stepped foot into our land.

However...

The border wall between North Danaelanda and Danæviia has broken. ohmy.gif

We can only hope that this doesn't escalate into aahghgghghghghhhh

*Dan Daniels and the cameraman are killed offscreen*

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT THANOS OF NORTH DANAELANDA. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. WE ARE HIJACKING THIS EDITION OF BJSC. SUBMIT YOUR BEST ENTRIES TO ME OR YOUR COUNTRY WILL BE SNAPPED IN TWO. AND IF YOUR ENTRY IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH YOUR COUNTRY WILL SUFFER THE SAME FATE.

North Danaelanda will automatically enter the final duel (taking the place of Danæviia who have subsequently been kicked from the contest and their population halved), alongside all the other nations deemed worthy of competing with us. As the semi-finals must be balanced (as all things should be) we will allow Persephonian nation to also auto-qualify if there are to be an even number of nations in the contest because we need their statisticians and Bre cheese farmers alive.

Now, I am too busy saving the Universe from itself to have familiarised myself with this contest's specific rules so I will pass you over to the head of the Danævii International Song Contest Committee (DISCC) who my minions, ahem, 'children', have in hostage.

Out of the 14,000,605 possible ways this contest can go, how many of them will end in your nation winning? I will be back to tell you...

++

>> CONFIRM NOW <<

Hello, this is Daniel Thérmometre of the DISCC. Make sure to confirm using the Google form link above. You have until 29/04/19, 23:59 BST to confirm. Late submissions will be accepted at the discretion of the host. PM submissions will not be accepted.

• You must provide a link to your entry alongside the name of your nation, the artist(s) and song title.
• You may opt to send an mp3 as well. Mp3 packs will not be provided by North Danaelanda but Persephonia may make them if you ask nicely. You are also encouraged to describe your entry in a few words. You may go back and do either of these later if you wish to rush-confirm your entry.
• You may change your entry at any time before the deadline. If you have been vetoed you will be given extra time to change your entry if needed.

You must comply with the following rules or you will receive a veto. Please check your song against the veto framework before confirming your entry.

• Scherzland are unfortunately serving a one-contest ban for non-voting in the previous contest and may not send an entry.
• You may not send the following artists who finished in the top 3 of the previous contest; Two Steps From Hell (and don't try anything under Thomas Bergersen's name either), Chris Bleth, Merethe Soltvedt, Baiuca, Aliboria and LÉON.
• You may also not send the same artist you sent in the previous contest.
• You may not send an entry that has been previously sent to the contest. A complete list of previous entries can be found HERE.
• You may not send a song previously sent to Eurovision, or one that will be sent or is in contention of being sent to this year's Eurovision Song Contest.
• You may not hint at or reveal your chosen entry publicly or privately before I do so, however you may discuss your potentials in your national thread.

And finally, THERE ARE TO BE STRICTLY NO ENDGAME SPOILERS FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THE CONTEST.

We now leave you with the sweet sounds of former Two Steps From Hell entry 'Miracles' which we underrated at the time but have since re-discovered.

Calendar:
23/04 Confirmation period
30/04 Semi-final voting period
07/05 Semi-final results and final voting period
15/05 Final results

Good luck to your entry and your nation!

Confirmed nations:
#00274E
Aeroche
Aesthetica
Altyr Muunilinst
Arcodesia
Bhangra
Bøtanikkä
Buzzjack Mountain
Cadelicia
Cor Lupus
Cowtermont
Daehun
Deandria
Dobago
East Rukahavian
elëdan
Espen
FARC
Fljótavík
Florina
FSR Rontvia
Greenfroze
Harmonica
Hendinia
Hushkanukia
Jadakissnia
Jupiterdonia
Kluminican Republic
Kylienips
Land of DW
Lotunia
Mosquetania
New Lexico
Niceland
North Danaelanda
Ojnoj
Oslol
Persephonia
pupok
Quintessa
République d’Áskorza
Rolloland
Séyetana
Singerpurear
Skall
St. Burbia
Suedeonia
Taahino
Tartford
Terra Avium
The Actual Republic of Bellamia
Thelonia
Tinnmark
Trifoski
ultraME!land
Unovia
Utopia
Vülkyria
Wholune
(59)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 23rd April 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

he SNAPPED

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd April 2019, 09:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

For the first time ever I have nothing prepared ahead of time oh my drama.gif will get looking soon!!

+Quote this post
LexC
post 23rd April 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Submitted a placeholder entry but very much still on the lookout for something else

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 23rd April 2019, 09:09 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 23 2019, 10:01 PM) *
For the first time ever I have nothing prepared ahead of time oh my drama.gif will get looking soon!!

Same! Well I have a few ideas floating around but this is definitely the first time I can recall not being able to instantly submit as soon as the thread goes up.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd April 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Confirmed and praying to get the AQ x (partly because I want to be able to vote in both semis but mainly because I'm sending something that has a chance of completely bombing lel). I decided not to send the song I had originally planned for this since the artist showed up in Nuggets (after I already confirmed it and then changed my entry there to what my original original plan for BJSC 114 was oops) but I might still send that song next month depending on how well their other song does there ~ So yes, plan C it is and we're sending a song from Belarus *.

Poor brave Danæviia having their hosting stripped away by those barbaric northerners sob.gif

(aside: a second contest in a row without a green room thinking.gif)

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd April 2019, 09:15 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Okay I have not actively searched for anything new buuuut I've just remembered that I was drawn back to an old potential the other day, so I've gone with that for now. A swift return to the #foreignbloc possibly on the cards.

(this would be a dirty recycle but tbf I did actually find this song before she was sent)

+Quote this post
danG
post 23rd April 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #8
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

QUOTE(Bré @ Apr 23 2019, 10:10 PM) *
(aside: a second contest in a row without a green room thinking.gif)
I would've put one up except no green room could ever beat the BJSC 93 Meme Room (and because we're starting so soon after 113)

+Quote this post
Silas
post 23rd April 2019, 09:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I will spoil endgame if I dnq

Just so we’re clear

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 23rd April 2019, 09:27 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

We’ve gone for a local band and we’ve gone indie ohmy.gif

Edit: oops we’ve changed, Dan I hope you got our reconfirmation as it just opened a blank form again?

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 23rd April 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #11
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

ive submitted a placeholder as well 😊

dan did u get my pmmm??? x

+Quote this post
danG
post 23rd April 2019, 09:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Apr 23 2019, 10:27 PM) *
We’ve gone for a local band and we’ve gone indie ohmy.gif

Edit: oops we’ve changed, Dan I hope you got our reconfirmation as it just opened a blank form again?
yep I've seen it.

I've now changed the form so you can edit it anyway, forgot to do that before.

Interestingly a song on my potentials list has already been confirmed. ohmy.gif (and one that I probably wasn't ever going to get around to sending so yay)

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 23rd April 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #13
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Crowds at Terra Avium go sentimental and teary eyed as national hero Thomas Bergersen steps into Danelandan territory with the victory doves at his side...and after a prompt re-evaluation, we throw our full support to a North Danaelandan totalitarian takeover due to their choice of favourite from Thomas Bergersen heart.gif *.*

Anyway, I've got some Turkish psychedelic alt-folk (according to reddit) ready to go, it's wonderful and synthy music.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 23rd April 2019, 09:52 PM
Post #14
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Here with a slice of Cor Lupus brand dumbass energy! Coming for a third stint at the bottom 10 in a row tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 23rd April 2019, 09:59 PM
Post #15
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

also ANOTHER Danae-rebrand? you switch names faster than trump switches his cabinet drama.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 23rd April 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #16
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Apr 23 2019, 10:49 PM) *
Anyway, I've got some Turkish psychedelic alt-folk (according to reddit) ready to go, it's wonderful and synthy music.gif

I may have also gone down the route of picking something with an eyecatching genre tag on Reddit. x

+Quote this post
Travis
post 24th April 2019, 01:16 AM
Post #17
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

Send a nice little pop number for now! Might end up changing it before confirmations are over, but Aesthetica is in!

This post has been edited by travis: 24th April 2019, 01:16 AM

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 24th April 2019, 12:59 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Haven't confirmed yet, I'm discussing with myself whether to go a) typical, b) cool competitive or c) crazy competitive, but on more overarching matters, I remembered that no one had updated the widgets since the start of the year, so I did that. Took so long because what with people who aren't first time winners, no one's desperate to update, but I feel compelled to mention that this means Leww becomes the first person to get a level 5 BJSC widget, awarded only to people who have won the contest 10 times. Which means the three silver stars become a gold star.

And that looks sorta cool.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 24th April 2019, 02:20 PM
Post #19
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Crikes, this is soon! Entering a placeholder for now, staying firmly within pop, subject to change if anything else strikes.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th April 2019, 06:35 PM
Post #20
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

+Quote this post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »