BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2019 Athletics Thread
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post Jul 12 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #41
The sports fanatic
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

And here it is:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 17 2019, 12:05 AM
Post #42
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

Sprinter James Ellington will make his first competitive appearance since a serious motorbike accident at the Anniversary Games on Saturday.

The Briton has not run competitively since the accident in Tenerife in 2017.

But the 33-year-old, who suffered career-threatening injuries, will line up for the 100m at London Stadium.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 21 2019, 11:25 AM
Post #43
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

European champion Laura Muir eased to victory in the women's 1500m on the first day of the Anniversary Games.

Muir outsprinted German Konstanze Klosterhalfen in the final 150 metres to win in three minutes 58.25 seconds.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 25 2019, 09:08 AM
Post #44
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

Britain's Dina Asher-Smith will take on Olympic gold medallist Elaine Thompson and double world champion Dafne Schippers in a stellar 200m field in Birmingham on 18 August.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 29 2019, 08:28 PM
Post #45
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

Olympic champion Dalilah Muhammad broke the 400m hurdles world record on the final day of the US National Championships in Iowa.

The 29-year-old took more than a tenth of a second off a record that had stood for 16 years, clocking 52.20 seconds to beat Russian Yuliya Pechonkina's previous mark of 52.34.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jul 30 2019, 08:32 PM
Post #46
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

Caster Semenya says she will not defend her World Championship 800m title in September after a setback in her challenge to the restricting of testosterone levels in female runners.

But the South African said she would "continue her fight for human rights" despite her "disappointment".

Semenya has twice appealed against IAAF rules preventing her from running without medication.

But a ruling allowing her to compete has now been overturned.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Aug 1 2019, 12:15 AM
Post #47
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

The IAAF, has said "biology has to trump gender identity" after welcoming the decision to permit restrictions in testosterone levels of female runners.

Double Olympic champion Caster Semenya twice appealed against the new IAAF rule that prevents her from running in the 800m without medication.

A Swiss court had suspended the ruling, but that has now been lifted.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Aug 11 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #48
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

Great Britain were disqualified from the men's 4x400m relay at the European Athletics Team Championships after a reserve shot putter was named in the line-up by mistake.

Youcef Zatat - who had not travelled to Poland - was included in the quartet instead of sprinter Rabah Yousif.

UK Athletics performance director Neil Black blamed a "technical error".

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Aug 13 2019, 11:34 PM
Post #49
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

Eilish McColgan has responded to comments about her being "skinny" by saying: "Go body shame elsewhere."

The middle-distance runner, 28, says she is not surprised young women have cosmetic procedures "to fit what's deemed the 'ideal' body".

She said on Twitter: "I'm naturally small - always have been. Some people are just slim!

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Aug 14 2019, 11:18 PM
Post #50
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

Caster Semenya says she has "never really felt very supported" by other women in sport.

South Africa's three-time world 800m champion will not defend her title in Doha in September after a setback in her challenge to the restriction of testosterone levels in female runners.

"I'm targeted because I'm undefeated," the 28-year-old said.

"Since I have been in sport, I have never really felt very supported, I've never felt recognised mostly by women."

Talking as the headline speaker at a women's conference in Johannesburg, Semenya added: "I think it comes more into the international stage when you see your own rivals come with this, what can I call it, these rude responses in terms of me competing against them."

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Aug 15 2019, 11:03 PM
Post #51
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

British Olympic hammer bronze medallist Sophie Hitchon has ended her 2019 campaign to focus on preparing for Tokyo 2020.

The 28-year-old has had a disappointing year, culminating in 10th place at last weekend's European Team Championships.

"My main priority is Tokyo," said Hitchon, who in 2016 became the first Briton to win an Olympic hammer medal.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Sunday, 11:25 PM
Post #52
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

Six-time Olympic gold medallist Allyson Felix says female athletes will "no longer be financially penalised for having a child" after Nike changed its contracts for pregnant athletes.

In a letter shared by Felix on social media, Nike says it will "not apply any performance-related reduction" for 18 months if an athlete becomes pregnant.

Felix's daughter Camryn was born prematurely in November.

In May, she said Nike wanted to pay her 70% less after she became a mother.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Thursday, 10:01 PM
Post #53
The sports fanatic
   No Gallery Pics

American sprinter Christian Coleman is under investigation over concerns he may have missed three drugs tests.

If found guilty he would face an automatic one-year ban and would miss the World Championships in Qatar and the Olympic Games in Tokyo next year.

He is alleged to have had three possible failures under the 'whereabouts' system in the last year.

Coleman is understood to be contesting at least one of those cases.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 04:37 AM