BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> D'Angelo & The Vanguards - Black Messiah, 3rd album, FINALLY
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Davidson
post Dec 15 2014, 02:13 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
This is really happening. Yes really. After a massive 14 year wait since his last album, the absolutely wonderful 'Voodoo' in 2000, one of the founders of neo-soul and one of the leaders of 90's R&B is back with his third album. This is apparently dropping TONIGHT so we have to wait no longer, in an almost Beyonce-ish fashion (well obviously not completely). Can't wait to hear what he has been working on all this time.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Dec 15 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
Coincidentally I just bought 'Voodoo' the other day.

I'm probably gonna wait a while before checking this new release out but I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

I hope Lauryn Hill will follow his example laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Davidson
post Dec 15 2014, 01:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
This hasn't disappointed one bit. Everything on it is so sexy and throwback and yet it still manages to sound so fresh. I know it will probably take a while to sink in how good this is, as D'Angelo is one of these artists for me that I have to keep on listening and listening until I fully appreciate the genius behind. On first listen this album sounds like it will be an absolute masterpiece, it is just too good.

I wonder what Pitchfork will give this as they gave 'Voodoo' a perfect 10.0 score, hoping for a 9.0 at least again.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Dec 19 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
Not sure how long this album has been out (four days?) but it entered the Dutch album top100 at #24, which is a pretty good result I think.

Also, the lack of interest on Buzzjack is kinda sad considering Nicki can rack up 10+ pages sad.gif. At least Pitchfork enjoyed it tongue.gif (score 9.4)

+Quote this post
MusiqqisuM
post Dec 30 2014, 01:51 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,502
I tried to get. Really, I did. But, I just don't get it? Feel left out though, as clearly I am in a minority! Would have freaked if it had been Lauryn rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:07 AM