BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Austria · Eurovision Song Contest 2017, Nathan Trent - Running On Air
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Sep 21 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Austria

Nathan Trent - Running On Air

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Sep 21 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

The Austrian public broadcaster, Österreichischer Rundfunk (ORF), has today confirmed its participation at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv, Ukraine.

Instead of turning to ‘Wer singt für Österreich?’ to choose an artist, ORF will pick its representative for Kyiv internally. Although no further details have been announced, we can expect more information in the weeks to come. The last time Austria picked its representative through an internal selection was in 2014, when Conchita Wurst won the contest in Copenhagen and gave the country its first victory in 48 years.

This year Zoë managed to finish 13th in the final, being the televoters 8th favourite entry of the night with ‘Loin d’Ici’, a song entirely in French.

http://escxtra.com/2016/09/21/austria-reve...urovision-2017/

Surprising news here as I believe I read somewhere a few weeks ago that a return for WSFO was all but confirmed. Rumours at the moment are pointing to Russian "turbo metal" band Russkaja being the act that have said yes to ORF, who are based in Vienna and have 4 top 50 albums in the Austrian charts. Personally, they don't seem like an act big enough to be worthy of an internal selection (most recent album charted at #42) and it seems a bit political to be choosing a Russian band to go to Ukraine, but I guess the rumours have come from somewhere...

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Dec 19 2016, 09:11 AM
Post #3
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Vienna, AustriaNewcomer Nathan Trent will represent Austria at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest. Austrian broadcaster ORF opted for an internal selection for 2017. The team, together with music-experts Eberhard Forcher and Christof Straub, scouted within the young Austrian music scene. Nathan was invited to submit a song and convinced ORF to select him for Kyiv. Nathan's song will be published in February.

Nathan Trent is a singer and songwriter in the genres of Pop and R’n’B. Born in 1992 in Innsbruck, Austria, he was raised bilingually in Italian and German within an artistic family. By sending him to private lessons in violin and piano at the age of three, his parents laid the foundations for his future. Given the fact that his father plays the violin professionally in the orchestra of the National Theatre of Innsbruck, Nathan practically grew up in the theatre. As a child he participated in various plays and musicals which brought him closer to singing at a very young age.

Nathan's résumé shows a four-year singing, acting and dance education, in the styles of Jazz, Contemporary and Commercial. He is still receiving voice lessons from his singing teacher Previn Moore. As for his acting skills, he participated in productions with famous Austrian actors in the prestigious Theater in der Josefstadt and was part of a short movie called Eisland.

Nathan started writing his first songs when he was only eleven years old. After spending more than a decade acquiring new skills, he finally could concentrate on taking his songwriting to the next level. Years of experience with various music programs contributed to the development of producing and finding his personal style and the ability to fully express himself as an artist. Today he writes, composes, arranges and produces his own music. According to his biography, Nathan is known for his Charisma. Professors, directors and producers describe him as being an exceptionally gifted musician with a unique timbre.

Earlier this year Zoë qualified for the Grand Final with Loin d'ici. The big fan favourite finished in 13th place, the best placing for Austria in the Eurovision Song Contest since Conchita won in 2014.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=248693

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 13 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

While we wait for Nathan's entry, due to be presented on February 28th, big news is that Tom Neuwirth is to "kill off" the Conchita persona for good after what is likely to be a final album this year! ohmy.gif

https://escxtra.com/2017/02/12/must-kill-to...-quit-conchita/

I noticed Conchita had become more masculine over the last year or so, so perhaps it shouldn't be a surprise that he's maybe growing tired with her or done everything he can.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 25 2017, 12:44 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Song is called Running On Air! Hopefully he won't be singing about running as part of a ballad...

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 26 2017, 11:50 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

This has leaked early, seems to have been released at midnight in your time zone! We should be able to hear it in 11 minutes hopefully, it seems to be in the James Morrison acoustic-pop type genre but the preview sounds nice.

https://www.escxtra.com/2017/02/26/listen-n...ahead-schedule/

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 27 2017, 12:03 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Okay full thing is out in UK, this is really cute! This is what Spain WANTS to be but isn't, really lovely summer road trip bop and we have a few big notes in the final chorus. Really really good effort.

Some people will say this is bland and generic and it is the latter, but really really good I'm a fan!

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 27 2017, 12:06 AM
Post #8
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Glad Austria are following up to the Utter joy that Zoe produced last year! I actually quite like this

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 27 2017, 12:09 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

It has a very similar vibe to that Isaiah winner's single so hopefully they don't go with that after all in Australia! heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 27 2017, 12:10 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Ripped onto YouTube for those who prefer:

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Feb 27 2017, 12:32 AM
Post #11
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

A cute bop indeed, I think it's going to eat up the Tom Dice vote and be bad news for Spain. More instant and joyful than "Do It For Your Lover" imo.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 27 2017, 12:53 AM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Feb 27 2017, 12:09 AM) *
It has a very similar vibe to that Isaiah winner's single so hopefully they don't go with that after all in Australia! heehee.gif

I think that! It feels what It's Gotta Be You wanted to be (or what it would have been if this was like 2014 and they still gave a shit about X Factor in Aus and did his single properly) laugh.gif I like this too, nothing incredible but a nice little song.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Feb 27 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #13
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

It's pleasant enough but I do prefer Spain on first listen, although it will eat into their votes if Austria makes it to the final.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Feb 27 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #14
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I've just had a couple of listens to Isaiah and I disagree that there's a similar vibe here. "It's Gotta Be You" is a ballad, "Running On Air" definitely isn't. The former is a lot more dreary, the latter a cute, joyful jam (and just overall a much better song - don't do it Australia, that would be a huge step down from your first two entries).

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 28 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Stunning visuals! heart.gif

Just think he could've been saddled with 'Wildfire' or 'Perfect Life' if he hadn't quit the German process in favour of this, I think he can count himself lucky!

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 4 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #16
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Really sweet song. There's a certain charm to it I think! wub.gif

+Quote Post
aymnt
post Mar 15 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #17
New Entry
Member No.: 23,086
   No Gallery Pics

Interview to Nathan Trent: https://reyournal.com/post/interview-30-nathan-trent/ver

+Quote Post
BillyH
post May 17 2017, 07:06 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

As the postcard for this was being shown to TV viewers, and during the jury final, Nathan bounded on stage with a huge beaming grin, looking overjoyed to be there, jumping around and hyping up the crowd as the main moon prop got prepared. It was nicely endearing and made everyone smile and enjoy the song a lot more.

TV viewers saw none of that, and I can't help seeing a link between the juries liking him and televoters ranking him last. It was never in my top 10 but seemed a shame for him to flop the televote that badly.

+Quote Post
p a v
post May 17 2017, 07:49 AM
Post #19
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

This explains the audience reaction to him but 0 points from the public seemed extremely harsh. He exuded confidence and was one of the most likeable personalities on stage this year which translated very well but didn't work for some reason.

+Quote Post
Tangela
post May 17 2017, 09:45 AM
Post #20
Tangelic
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I was never a fan of this song - far too corny - but he performed well.

Conchita giving the act up - probably about time, I didn't think it'd last this long tbh...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:54 AM