BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> iET - As Far, Atmospheric, as if one is submerged in the wilderness
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post May 2 2020, 11:08 AM
Post #1
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 77,363
   No Gallery Pics

iET "As Far"

As Far is bound to take you on a distant idyllic journey.

Welcome to the series of "Great songs you have never heard before" (April edition). Here I post different forum posts, introducing songs that have reached high positions in my chart (check out Uhsting's Top 50 from my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/uhsting !). I hope you enjoy the selection!

Statistics of the song (as of May 2):
Youtube views: <100
Spotify plays: 16,000

About the artist

Credit: Official artist Bandcamp

iET, birthname Lisa Van Viegen, is a Dutch musician. She is born to a musical family and studied at Conservatorium van Amsterdam. She came across producer Russell Elevado, who was looking for artists to collaborate with, and hence worked on her album So Unreal, eventually released in 2014. She also frequently releases live clips of her playing the guitar and trumpet. She describes her voice as “angellike” and her music “atmospheric”.

About the song

She wrote the song to “bring some comfort in these scary times”. The accompanying music video was self-made. The song starts soft with an ambient choir and percussion. Kicking in is her voice, keyboard and drums. The chorus recurs with the lyrics “in this moment” and a long melisma, then comes a breakdown of harmonic melismas and louder instrumental accompaniment. The second verse introduces a guitar and strings, and gradually the flugelhorn. The second breakdown is ambient and instrumental, ending gradually on a major chord.

Personal comments
I love the atmospheric feel in this song. iET’s vocals are soothing but contemplative. The song transcends your emotions to a deep level, which echoes with the current quagmire the world is in. I particularly like the breakdown of this song, when the vocals are equalled, if not relegated, with the instrumental ensemble. There is so much happening going on there but is accessible with comfortable harmony and brief showcases of melodic instrumental lines. I thoroughly enjoy this enchanting experience in this noble song.

Staging potential
It will be difficult for sure. I like the concept of the video with moments of the sea and the use of mirrors like in the live performance of The Roop’s On Fire. Could this be translated live on the stage though? I am slightly worried whether it could become boring as time passes by without a convincing staging, but this is also an opportunity to showcase evocative art in costumes, dance, and the LED screen.

This post has been edited by uhsting: May 2 2020, 11:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:55 AM