BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
50 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jadakissnia ● National Thread, BJSC 161: Seycara Orchestral - If You Were Mine
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 11th March 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #741
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

QUOTE(Bré @ Mar 11 2018, 09:54 PM) *
[/late] (as I was waiting to be with you to watch the video for your top 50 together ofc xx), hooray for my four highest songs all being in the top 40 of your EOY <3 though aww at not quite having a song in your top 10 as I did the previous two years. Really nicely put together video anyway, excited for the finished product of the version for mine. 23 of the same songs in it I believe lol ~

(I shall check out these other goreshit songs one of these days as well, yass at 'the nature of dying' not letting me down with its result)

Watching the video with you in person was goals *.* and so was you witnessing me creating the first half of yours and helping me make editorial decisions kink.gif Yay at Persephonia's dominance of my top 40 *.* x D: it was a shame that I couldn't fit any in my top 10 this year, but at least you were one of two nations to have 2+ songs in my top 20 (the other being Kluminican Republic with 3). Fingers crossed that you'll provide a song that will make it into my top 10 in 2018 (or maybe even three like 2015 kink.gif), we shall see ;o Glad you liked the video anyway heart.gif shall try and have your video done fairly soon. kink.gif nsync goals x

(Oh yes please do at some point, I think you would very much enjoy them following your stanning of 'the nature of dying'! yasss, so glad it lived up to the hype <3)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 19th March 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #742
Group icon
Alone and wounded

BJSC 103
Elena Temnikova - Kazalsya Strannym

Last night we took a trip to Tinnmark to find out the entries selected for BJSC 103! We can now announce that our 30th entry to the Buzzjack Song Contest is 'Kazalsya Strannym' by Elena Temnikova. She is a former member of Russian girl-group Serebro (she departed in 2014) who have been entered to BJSC a whopping 7 times and represented the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007, placing third. Temnikova was selected as a potential Eurovision entry for Russia last year but never quite got that solo moment in the contest, as the nation withdrew. So instead she can have her solo moment in the BuzzJack Song Contest, as unlike Serebro and Holy Molly, she has never been entered with her own material before. Serebro's last appearance in the contest was in BJSC 98 when they represented Daehun with the rather trashy 'Mi Mi Mi'. This is worlds apart from that though, as a pretty classy electro-pop song. 'Kazalsya Strannym' has been described as a 'potential club hit' and 'banger' on Wiwibloggs (although the verses are quite chilled) with a memorable foreign-language chorus and some accessible house-y production in places. The song is about a love that stays strong despite obstacles that a couple might face, if you do not speak Russian like me. We unleashed CROSSPARTY in the Reinvention spinoff back in 2016 but Temnikova is the first Russian artist that we have sent to the main contest. 'Kazalsya Strannym' is the second single to be taken from Temnikova's second EP Temnikova II. We hope you guys enjoy this electro-pop sound from Jadakissnia, as we continue to try and switch things up each month. Our entry can be found in semi 1 and we have drawn slot 11. Please support Jadakissnia and help to build our streak up to 11 (it would be mean not to when we're in slot 11, right?!).

This was the song that we nearly reconfirmed to, an electro-ballad with some trip-hop influences:

Can't believe this didn't make Temnikova II! ohmy.gif

Then here is the song I enjoyed the most from Temnikova I!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 25th March 2018, 10:06 PM
Post #743
Group icon
Alone and wounded

BJSC 103 Results
Elena Temnikova - Kazalsya Strannym

me pretending everything's fine

Tonight in Tinnmark our 30th contest celebrations were halted, as unfortunately Elena Temnikova's 'Kazalsya Strannym' DNQed in 24th place with 30 points. sad.gif This rips our longest qualifying streak of 10 entries to shreds as our first DNQ since SOLDOUT feat. GOOSE - 'Do It Again' in BJSC 92. This is our fifth DNQ to date, as we also did not qualify in 77 (Muhsinah - 'Luv w Luv'), 80 (Stranger Cat - 'Unzip Your Skin) and 86 (Tuna - 'Seret Aravi'). We are pleased for fellow nations Cor Lupus and Flynnonda who have made it for their 30th contest celebrations, however! We are also pleased that Dobago and Summericia have made it through with former potentials of ours (albeit for Unknown Pleasures in the case of the latter). We are a bit deflated right now but we hope to come back strong with a drum 'n' bass banger next time.

Thanks to the following who did point us in semi 1: #00274E, Cor Lupus, Espen, FSR Rontvia, Jupiterdonia, Persephonia and Ramrynia. heart.gif

We were pleased that most of our medal positions made it through at least! Here are the faves that we had to say goodbye to:

semi-1:

08 Vülkyria :: Brendan Maclean - House of Air
06 Beaverdonia :: Juanes - La Luz
02 Elëdan :: Garden City Movement - Slightly All the Time

semi-2:

06 Avalonia :: Umaro XP - Liberi Fatali
04 Cowtermont :: REZZ - Relax
03 Aelandor :: Moriaty - Esperanza

^ y'all deserved more

We hope our tip for the win FSR Rontvia can go all the way. Good luck everyone in the final x

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 25th March 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #744
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

sad.gif Really sad to see this not advancing...I have also a russian song on my list and but seems like BJ is not having it!!!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 25th March 2018, 10:17 PM
Post #745
Group icon
Alone and wounded

QUOTE(Addyland @ Mar 25 2018, 11:13 PM) *
sad.gif Really sad to see this not advancing...I have also a russian song on my list and but seems like BJ is not having it!!!

It is a real shame that I couldn't pull a couple of semi 2 people like Liam and yourself over to semi 1 kink.gif perhaps I would have been better off in semi 2. That Russian deep house song you played on plug was banging if that's the one! Foreign language deep house songs better not be doomed x (I guess 'Visele' was of this ilk though and that made it all the way to 12th!)

+Quote this post
Brer
post 26th March 2018, 01:43 AM
Post #746
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

#vigil4elena </3

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 31st March 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #747
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

I've been revisiting this a few times all week, should NOT have DNQ'd smh

+Quote this post
Jade
post 3rd April 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #748
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Let's take it back to 1997!

B J S C ● 1 0 4

---

QUOTE(Bré @ Mar 26 2018, 02:43 AM) *
#vigil4elena </3

</3 poor brave Russian queen

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Mar 31 2018, 12:23 PM) *
I've been revisiting this a few times all week, should NOT have DNQ'd smh

Ooh I'm glad that you've been revisiting 'Kazalsya Strannym'! The DNQ certainly came as a bit of a shock, but no regrets as I do love it and a good 10 people or so including yourself seemed to have made a worthwhile discovery. <3

+Quote this post
Jade
post 15th April 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #749
Group icon
Alone and wounded

BJSC 104
Adam F - Circles

We're baaaack fresh off a DNQ and ready to return fighting in New Lexico! Our 31st entry to the BuzzJack Song Contest is 'Circles' by Adam F, which the people of Jadakissnia discovered through Mixcloud on an old UK chart show countdown. Yeah that's right... it charted (OMG cheap!!111) buuuut just at #20 before quickly falling out and being forgotten by the masses. 'Circles' charted back in 1997 so this marks our first entry from the 1990s! It is also our longest entry to date as the album edit that we have chosen to send clocks in at 7 minutes 14 seconds! Here we have a banging old skool drum & bass (mostly) instrumental (it seems to have made up lyrics on Google though mellow.gif) that sounds like a total 3am radio 1 fave and still sounds fresh to these ears even now. It was simply love at first listen. Adam F is an English DJ so no new nationality this time. We hope the #dancebloc and anyone else who might enjoy this song will rally behind us as it's such a brilliant forgotten gem. We're really excited to bring it back! You can find us in slot 27, the penultimate slot, in semi-final 1!

Here's an amazing 23-second clip that we found on YouTube, gettin' that promo, I still cannae:

×× 9Os vs. OOs »
Arash - Temptation (feat. Rebecca)

Fresh spinoff time also! Aeroche unveiled this exciting brand spanking new spinoff that shall pit the nineties against the noughties. Jadakissnia received the noughties, which bodes well when I am representing the nineties anyway in the main contest! I think I have been more inspired for the spinoff though mellow.gif well, in the sense that this artist has never troubled the UK chart before, anyway. I am of course talking about Arash featuring Rebecca with 'Temptation'! This ridiculously catchy song, from 2005, combines the magic of an English chorus with Persian verses! Slaying the #foreignbloc with a brand new spinoff nationality as Arash is an Iranian-Swedish singer. You might have heard of him due to his stint in Eurovision, where he represented Azerbaijan in 2009. He was also previously sent to BJSC by Yehesi in the sixtieth edition! We discovered this song 10 years ago through belly-dancer Sophie Mei using it as her audition background track in the 2008 series of Britain's Got Talent. Goals. We hope you guys like this fun pop venture from Jadakissnia! (we are toying with bringing our 90s option back to the main contest some time in the future so... watch this space for that to get its moment too x)

(ps. the music video for this song is potato quality but handily Arash uploaded an HQ studio version a couple of years ago, yay x)

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 15th April 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #750
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

Throwing hype at this!!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 15th April 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #751
Group icon

I am disappointed you didn't use the squirrel footage in your private upload tbh xo

You know I love this one already so sending love from the opposite semi as per usual. <3

+Quote this post
Jade
post 15th April 2018, 10:20 PM
Post #752
Group icon
Alone and wounded

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Apr 15 2018, 10:57 PM) *
Throwing hype at this!!

QUOTE(Bré @ Apr 15 2018, 11:01 PM) *
I am disappointed you didn't use the squirrel footage in your private upload tbh xo

You know I love this one already so sending love from the opposite semi as per usual. <3

Thanks you two for the hype!! wub.gif of course you both had to be in the opposite semi, bladdy random.org!

Apols Bray, I definitely missed a trick there x

+Quote this post
Jade
post 22nd April 2018, 10:08 PM
Post #753
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Back in the final? check check check check check check check...

Today it was announced in New Lexico that we have qualified for the BJSC 104 final with Adam F's 'Circles'! The 90s drum & bass banger has prevented us from obtaining back-to-back DNQs for the first time after we were a little uncertain of our chances, phew. 'Circles' is our 26th qualifier to date out of a possible 31! In the past, we have come off the back of a DNQ with a top 10 hit 3 times out of 4 (AK and Lynx feat. Veela - 'Virtual Paradise' [7th], Sonia & Selena - 'Yo Quiero Bailar' [8th] and FM-84 - 'Arcade Summer' [9th], with aYia's 'Ruins' falling short as that came 21st) so... could we return to that ultimate fighting form? Only time will tell. For now, we would just like to say a big thank you to anyone in semi 1 who helped us to advance as it feels great to be back! Please support us in the final, where we can be found in the 35th place slot.

We were chuffed that all of our would-be semi 2 top 10 made the final *.* (especially when it was pretty dire on the whole kink.gif) but we sadly said goodbye to the following in our actual votes:

07 Medhelnia: Kevin Abstract - Empty
06 Deandria: Božo Vrećo (feat. Indigo) - Pustinja

We're so sad that the BJSC masses have slept on 'Empty' when 'Miserable America' was a top 10 hit! Then Deandria provided a wonderful piece of standout foreign language music, from the Bosnian Conchita, that hooked us in very quickly. That was a bit more of an expected DNQ but a shame all the same.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 29th April 2018, 09:58 PM
Post #754
Group icon
Alone and wounded

BJSC 104 Results
Adam F - 'Circles'

Tonight our fate was announced in New Lexico in true rollercoaster fashion. The Eurovision-style voting system was back and the Jadakissnian people were feeling deflated, after starting off the pre-jury votes in the top 10 and plummeting into the bottom 10. We were 31st with 80 points following the trio of our votes, Niceland's and Espen's being announced. But then... everything changed. As in true Poland fashion, we rose like a phoenix into the TOP TWENTY after placing top 5 with the jury *.* this isn't the first time either, after 'doing a Poland' with our Masquerade entry 'Midnight City (vs. M83)' by CROSSPARTY. Anyway, our 90s drum 'n' bass banger 'Circles' by Adam F finished in 17th place with 166 points! This means that all of our finalists have placed in the top 20 this year, hooray. This is unfortunately not a unique position, as we finished in 17th place last year in BJSC 96 with witch house entry 'Ave Plague' by King Plague. But we are over the moon following an almighty comeback in the results! It turns out that we actually finished 17th in the semi also (with 53 points), so we came ever so close to DNQing again ohmy.gif but thankfully we made it and got the chance to smash our projection in the final, hooray! We received three medal positions on this occasion; Persephonia gave us 15 points and we received a 13 from both Deandria and Skall post-jury! Much love.

Tonight's ultimate success story was courtesy of Niceland who scooped the crown with 366 points, for their entry 'Broken Love' by Built By Titan feat. Starxs! Congratulations to the nation, we look forward to travelling to Niceland next month. Closest thing to Iceland, right? It didn't quite pick up any points from us but was nearly a commiseration. As for our points, Terra Avium received our 18 on this occasion as we can never resist witch house. Their entry 'Cassiopeia' by Mytischi finished in 24th place which was a little disappointing, where are the witch house stans at? We simply will not tolerate any dips in the interest of witch house tbh. Our 15 was then courtesy of Aeroche's lovely entry 'For F' by LLLL feat. Calendula & Meishi Smile. This finished in a respectable 12th place. Then, our bronze happened to finish one place ahead in 11th! This was the dreamy 'Looped' by Kiasmos, courtesy of Aelandor. Yay for music from Iceland.

Thanks to the following nations for pointing us: FARC (1), Suedeonia (1), Trifoski (11), Persephonia (15), FSR Rontvia (8), Terra Avium (7), Cadelicia (5), Rolloland (5), Aesthetica (3), Cowtermont (10), South Danaelanda (10), Skall (13), Fljótavík (7), Medhelnia (12), Cumulonimbia (10), Dobago (9), Thelonia (6), East Rukahavian (1), Flynnonda (6), Holland-Oats (9) & Deandria (13) heart.gif

Points given / received top 10s update:

GIVEN

01) 290 Persephonia +12
02) 186 Terra Avium +18
03) 139 Trifoski
04) 125 Espen +10
05) 113 Quintessa
06) 108 Kluminican Republic
07) 106 Singerpurear
08) 97 Aeroche +15
09) 97 N DNTN
10) 94 Fljótavík

RECEIVED

01) 297 Persephonia +15
02) 230 Terra Avium +07
03) 173 Espen
04) 170 Deandria +13
05) 145 Quintessa
06) 144 Suedeonia +01
07) 143 Skall +13
08) 133 Aeroche
09) 123 Cumulonimbia +10
10) 122 Land of DW

Now it's time to look ahead to 105 ohmy.gif and we already know what we're going with! Time for an electronica remix of a song that was sent to Unknown Pleasures (from before our time!) ~ 8 minutes of trippy and ethnic goodness *.*

BJSC ×× 9Os vs. OOs » Results
Arash - 'Temptation (feat. Rebecca)'

Forgive us for we are not so up-to-date with this news! But it's the perfect time to post this news now. You wanna know why? Because... the number 17 is following us around like a rash, this time for Arash (basil.gif) ~ as we finished 17th (with 129 points) in the 90s vs. 00s spinoff with 'Temptation'. This result, announced by our hosts in Aeroche, was a tad disappointing, as we were top 10 for most of the reveal (even 1st at one point!) so this descent was a shame. But, a top 20 position is of course not to be sniffed at, especially for a mostly unknown song in a contest full of well-known acts in the UK chart! Plus we finished one place higher than our last ethnic pop foray in Wordlvision III, Samira Said's 'Mazal'. It was fun to introduce this euphoric ethno-bop to the spinoff world. Like the main contest, we also received three medal positions on this occasion! FSR Rontvia and Mosquetania awarded us with a silver and Ojnoj with a bronze, yay!

Our favourites did very well in this spinoff. Starting with none other than the winner! Espen were victorious with the gorgeous 'Saltwater' by Chicane, topping the leaderboard with 308 points and a huge margin over their nearest rival. This was our 15 pointer so we were chuffed, congrats to them for finally winning something BJSC-related after being such a longstanding nation! Their nearest rival happened to be our 18 also ohmy.gif this was the absolute classic in Jadakissnia: The KLF feat. Tammy Wynette - 'Justified and Ancient (Stand By The JAMs)', so yeah, not too shabby at all for our favourite. Our bronze also made it into the top 10, this was Lotunia with the new age beauty 'Windancer' by Secret Garden. We very much approve of this spinoff idea in general and the eventual results!

Thanks to the following nations for pointing 'Temptation': Aeroche (6), Mosquetania (15), FSR Rontvia (15), Holland-Oats (9), Vülkyria (6), Lotunia (2), Terra Avium (2), Ojnoj (13), Unovia (12), Aesthetica (06), Rolloland (03), Suedeonia (02), Land of DW (04), Niceland (10), Cadelicia (3), Espen (1), St. Burbia (12), Persephonia (3) & Dobago (5) heart.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 8th May 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #755
Group icon
Alone and wounded

BJSC ● 105

+Quote this post
Jade
post 15th May 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #756
Group icon
Alone and wounded

BJSC 105
Shpongle - Around The World In A Tea Daze (Ott Remix)

Today our entry for BJSC 105 was revealed in Niceland! Representing Jadakissnia in semi 2 is the Ott remix of Shpongle's 'Around The World In A Tea Daze'. The original version of this song was sent by Dandy (behind the Fljótavík nation in BJSC) to the 22nd edition of Unknown Pleasures. This was back in July 2016, so pre-dated my debut entry to the contest by over a year. The original version is 12 minutes long, but the version that is representing Jadakissnia is cut to 8 minutes 25 seconds in length. This offering brings two psychedelic electronica artists together. Shpongle is a British duo consisting of Simon Posford and Raja Ram. They are credited with being one of founders of the 'psybient' genre - which combines world music with psychedelic trance and ambient. *.* Ott is a fellow British artist who specialises in the electronica, dub, ambient and trip-hop genres. He has worked with names such as Sinéad O'Connor, Embrace, The Orb and Brian Eno. So yeah... you could say that the teaming up of these two acts is very up my street! Ott chops up the vocal samples in the original and adds in his own electronica / trip-hop type production, which makes the whole thing all the more psychedelic and incredible for me *.* it is definitely unconventional in structure as the first half contains cool random trippy and ethnic vocal samples and the second half is instrumental, so no chorus. But it builds extremely well. Then the fan-made unofficial video that accompanies this is wonderful! Almost as much as the play on 'Around The World In Eighty Days' in the title kink.gif It incorporates clips from war documentary film 'Bakara' and music documentary film 'Samsara' and they work so well throughout. I particularly like how psychedelic the combination of the three dancing girls and the vocal sample that accompanies them feels. Plus the imagery in the second half is really striking. We hope you guys enjoy this entry! It feels particularly risky for us with the lack of conventional structure and 8 minute duration. This is actually our longest entry to date (swiftly beating the 7 minutes 14 seconds of Adam F's 'Circles' last month by over a minute!) and our 32nd entry to BJSC so far. Do not let it be our 6th DNQ to date people!! kink.gif we can be found in slot 26 of semi 2.

+Quote this post
m
post 16th May 2018, 07:21 AM
Post #757
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

QUOTE(Jade @ May 15 2018, 06:09 PM) *
the play on 'Around The World In Eighty Days' in the title kink.gif

I did not realize this whatsoever kink.gif ;o

Can't wait to hear this in full, I love the original! Slightly damn @ u not being in my semi this time, I do think you'd be one of the ones my entry could appeal to as well! Bré too for that matter xxx

This post has been edited by Q.: 16th May 2018, 07:22 AM

+Quote this post
Jade
post 16th May 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #758
Group icon
Alone and wounded

QUOTE(Q. @ May 16 2018, 08:21 AM) *
I did not realize this whatsoever kink.gif ;o

Can't wait to hear this in full, I love the original! Slightly damn @ u not being in my semi this time, I do think you'd be one of the ones my entry could appeal to as well! Bré too for that matter xxx

kink.gif title goals tbh (think it must be the Jadakissnia entry with the most words in a title, slay *_* just realised that so many of them are just one word!)

The pressure of a bunch of you already knowing the original from UP! kink.gif hope you'll enjoy this version too. I am so shook that I already knew your entry beforehand, I feel like it might have been a recommended video from an Arca song or something. Good stuff anyway, wish I could help you out D: x

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd May 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #759
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Shpongle and Ott take a seat in the BJSC 105 final line-up!

This one's a bit late (blame University) but we can announce that Jadakissnia have QUALIFIED for the final of BJSC 105! We really weren't sure if it was going to happen this time with Shpongle's 'Around The World In A Tea Daze (Ott Remix)', our longest entry to date, but it looks like semi 2 was kind to us. Hooray! This is our 27th qualifier to date out of a possible 32 and builds our qualifying streak back up to 2. We found out our fate in an excruciating fashion as the people of Niceland decided to switch it up with an X Factor style chair challenge reveal! But luckily we kept our seat and can be found in slot 31 in the final. Will we bomb? Get a respectable result? Maybe even dark horse it to a particularly impressive position? Only time will tell. For now we would just like to say thank you to everyone who has supported this entry so far as we can't get enough of it! heart.gif

It wasn't all smiles however as we lost the following songs from our would-be semi 1 votes and actual semi 2 votes...

SEMI 1
10 Buzzjack Mountain θ Jason Reign θ Rubii No Sora
06 Aelandor θ Hockeysmith θ But Blood
05 Republic of Adonia θ Superorganism θ Night Time

SEMI 2
12 Lotunia θ Sofia Jannok θ Snölejoninna
06 Ultraviolenceland θ Vennu Mallesh θ It's My Life What Ever I Wanna Do
03 Terra Avium θ Apparat θ Goodbye (feat. Soap&Skin)

So many gems will be absent from the final sad.gif can't believe that we lost our 12 and of course... #vigilforvennu

See ya in the final *.*

+Quote this post
Brer
post 29th May 2018, 10:58 AM
Post #760
Group icon

At least I liked this more than the original version! Though that one is also better than I remember it being, having revisited it the other day.

+Quote this post

50 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 40 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:47 AM