BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RPDR | US | Season 16 | Episode 5
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 2nd February 2024, 09:31 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

The remaining queens compete in the annual girlgroup challenge, this time in three groups of four. Whose performance is going to miss the mark this week?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 3rd February 2024, 08:40 AM
Post #2
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I am not a happy bunny after watching this ep.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 3rd February 2024, 01:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Honestly Q should have gone laugh.gif I don’t really care about track record, I think the show now is too afraid to have shock eliminations of front runners, Drag Race Sweden did it where a queen was WIN-HIGH-HIGH-ELIM and the queen who sent her home was a returning queen who went LOW-ELIM, came back that episode and sent the front runner home, and it was such a gag! Plus it should always come down to the lipsync and Q absolutely lost that lipsync. Amanda would only have gone next week with another design challenge, but what’s the point really of a lipsync if they just save whoever. I don’t really see who could have been in the bottom aside from those two, I’ve seen people reaching to try and save Amanda but honestly she deserved to stay just from the lipsync! I think if it’s a close lipsync, fine, save the front runner, but Amanda absolutely won that.

It’s not very often this happens, usually they can do a Gottmik in the disco challenge and edit around it and put someone else who did badly in the bottom, but everyone bar Q (including Amanda, she wasn’t BAD, her runway was) did well so this really was one of those times where a front runner stumbled and they could have had a shock elimination. Q is an odd one, I don’t know how someone who is technically as good as she is can give absolutely nothing but I’m just not feeling her. I guess they can’t really gauge when filming who is going to be well received by the fans and maybe expected Q who was doing well at everything to be loved idk?

The winning group ate, I’m glad Mhi’ya finally got her flowers.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 3rd February 2024, 05:30 PM
Post #4
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Morphine keeps growing on me more and more as the weeks go by, she's great wub.gif and she was amazing in that challenge!

Kind of a shame to see Amanda go this early on, but she was just becoming defined by (and letting it define her, too) her beef with Plane Jane, and she was meh in both the challenge and the runway this week, so yeah. I do agree she did have the edge over Q in that lip-sync so probably should have stayed, but Q is giving us great runways every week so slay for her I guess.

These eliminations are just not going how I thought they would either. laugh.gif Literally 3/4 of that winning group should be gone by now. Surely Megami, Geneva and Mhi'ya aren't going to last much longer?!

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 4th February 2024, 03:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I definitely didn't feel like Amanda deserved the bottom two, but every time I try and work out who I'd put in her place, I can't justify anybody else. Her verse was probably like my 8th favourite, but she did have issues with her hair and the runway was terrible so it does make sense, sadly. All tea though, Q was worst in the challenge and did lose the lip sync but wasn't expecting them to sacrifice her after her consistency.

Was really good to see some of the underdogs shine this episode! Even if they don't get much else through their time here, they've got a challenge win under their belt and that's nice to see. I think we all know Geneva, Megami and Mhiya's days are probably numbered so at least they got a good showing at something they genuinely excelled in. Especially Megami, who has completely faded into the back the entire time, who had a great verse and wrote Nymphia's great verse too laugh.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 09:33 PM