BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> REUNION: Would The Saturdays come back as a four piece?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
REUNION: 4 out of 5?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
SGrey
post Apr 19 2019, 04:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

I thought this would be an interesting discussion point given how The Spice Girls reunited as a four piece when there are five members of the band.

The question is: Would The Saturdays reunite as a 4 piece band?

Discuss, share thoughts and if you think yes, who wouldn't come back?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Apr 19 2019, 04:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I have gone with yes.

I don't think Vanessa would have any intention of going for a reunion. I know they are all very good friends still but the other four seem to see eachother much more and would therefore be likelier to do a reunion without her.

Obviously I'd like 5/5 but y'know laugh.gif

+Quote this post
jakewild
post Apr 19 2019, 05:10 PM
Post #3
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
there's like zero demand for all 5 never mind just 4

+Quote this post
miichaelking21
post Apr 20 2019, 02:51 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 33,161
I think the longer they’ve gone being inactive, the more nostalgia has built - I mean if you search The Saturdays on twitter there are multiple tweets daily from accounts who ‘loved’ them or ‘miss’ them, but it wouldn’t work without all 5 so we’re unlikely to get a reunion for at least another 5 years imo.

especially as Vanessa is least likely to be interested, and coming back without your strongest vocalist is a massive mistake.

+Quote this post
tommie
post Apr 20 2019, 06:10 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
QUOTE(jakewild @ Apr 19 2019, 05:10 PM) *
there's like zero demand for all 5 never mind just 4

Pretty much. They couldn't even sell out their greatest hits tour, so what demand is there after five years?

They weren't really known for being great singers, they really didn't define an era, they were just kind of there and had some hit singles, but none that really reached "classic" status. For a while they were the biggest UK girl group because there were no other girl group on the market - that's not actually an achievement. The best I could see for them is doing The Big Reunion type of show, maybe tour with other groups and do some corporate gigs. If they attempt to do new music I suspect it'll be like when Atomic Kitten recorded new music post Big Reunion - no one was really interested in releasing it.

This post has been edited by tommie: Apr 20 2019, 06:11 AM

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Apr 23 2019, 12:53 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512
I'd take a four piece reunion (or even three piece for that matter) over nothing at all. But I don't think they would reunite without all five.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 13 2019, 11:54 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I know she’s the most known of the group but if it was Frankie who didn’t come back I think it could work.

She definitely contributed the least vocally in my opinion and would be the one I’d miss the least if it was case of a four piece.

I think a reunion is too soon though. There’s no demand at present and it would definitely not be a Spice Girls moment.

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post Jun 14 2019, 04:39 PM
Post #8
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
QUOTE(tommie @ Apr 20 2019, 07:10 AM) *
Pretty much. They couldn't even sell out their greatest hits tour, so what demand is there after five years?

They weren't really known for being great singers, they really didn't define an era, they were just kind of there and had some hit singles, but none that really reached "classic" status. For a while they were the biggest UK girl group because there were no other girl group on the market - that's not actually an achievement. The best I could see for them is doing The Big Reunion type of show, maybe tour with other groups and do some corporate gigs. If they attempt to do new music I suspect it'll be like when Atomic Kitten recorded new music post Big Reunion - no one was really interested in releasing it.

Very few girl group singers are known for being great singers unless we compare them to Destiny’s Child or groups on that level (in that case, LOL). They’re very much remembered by people my age as they were huge at the time but I don’t think they’re music has really spread to younger generations so I agree, definitely not classics.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Jun 14 2019, 05:59 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
It would be even more low-key than Girls Aloud - Ten.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Jun 15 2019, 03:16 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512
I can't see Rochelle or Vanessa ever being on board for a reunion at this point. Frankie might but would probably want minimal responsibility. That essentially leaves Mollie and Una to carry it.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Jun 16 2019, 12:13 PM
Post #11
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
QUOTE(tommie @ Apr 20 2019, 07:10 AM) *

Tbf every other girl group that tried failed minus Little Mix.

Stooshe, Neon Jungle, Wonderland, Parade, Soundgirl etc

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:09 AM