BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Black Mirror • Series 4, Netflix | out now
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
BridgeCow
post 9th December 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

I'm so ridiculously excited for this, it comes out like a week before my mocks sooo I guess I'm not revising whoops
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 14th December 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

Episode sequence is as follows:
1. USS Callister
2. ArkAngel
3. Crocodile
4. Hang the DJ
5. Metalhead
6. Black Museum

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 15th December 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

hmmm, I mean I haven't seen it yet, but USS Callister seems to be the least Black Mirror-y of the bunch so if people watch that as their first ever episode I hope it doesn't put them off like The National Anthem did for some

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 24th December 2017, 02:50 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

Watched two episodes of this for the first time with my mate yesterday and I've barely been able to think about anything else since!

(I watched Shut Up and Drive and the Christmas episode).

Both captivating and with plot twists I didn't see coming. Struggled to sleep after watching them idk why.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 24th December 2017, 04:08 AM
Post #45
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Dec 24 2017, 02:50 AM) *
Watched two episodes of this for the first time with my mate yesterday and I've barely been able to think about anything else since!

(I watched Shut Up and Drive and the Christmas episode).

Both captivating and with plot twists I didn't see coming. Struggled to sleep after watching them idk why.

Binge watch them all mate tbh!!!

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 24th December 2017, 04:20 AM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

QUOTE(MerryFlynnmas @ Dec 24 2017, 04:08 AM) *
Binge watch them all mate tbh!!!

Ngl I half want to watch them all but half wish I'd never watched what I watched. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 26th December 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #47
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

i'm almost counting the hours at this point

good god friday evening get here faster!

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 28th December 2017, 09:10 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Omg this is on netflix at 8AM GMT I'm so excited, I thought I was gonna have to stay up all night watching it but now I can actually sleep cheer.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 29th December 2017, 12:34 AM
Post #49
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

imma leave it until after work to enjoy without any stress <3

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 29th December 2017, 04:30 AM
Post #50
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Incredibly hyped for this, it’s one of those shows where you have absolutely no idea what to be expecting most of the time. You know there’s probabaly a plot twist coming, but you can’t tell when it will come or what it will be. The episode with the hunting and everyone on their phones (can’t remember the name but if you’ve seen it you know which one I’m talking about tongue.gif) is brilliant - Black Mirror in a nutshell.

Hoping for more like that this year, as well as some more amazing acting. Jon Hamm I’m looking at you wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th December 2017, 04:40 AM
Post #51
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I just watched that one - White Bear! I've seen all of season 1, Nosedive and that/Be Right Back and White Bear is definitely my favorite. Absolutely incredible omg

I still have to watch season 3 and have Jan exams so might be late to this but I can't wait, can't believe it took me so long to get into this show!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 29th December 2017, 04:42 AM
Post #52
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

So excited for this! I've finished season1 and half of season 3 and this is so good *.*

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 29th December 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

Just watched Episode 1 and it was great!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 29th December 2017, 12:17 PM
Post #54
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Oh god when will I find the time to see this now. All caught up so I might start a dive in tonight but I don't know if I'm prepared.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 29th December 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #55
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

I’m on episode 3 and holy shit

USS Calisster was a work of ART. Could already be up there as a fav

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 29th December 2017, 01:39 PM
Post #56
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

omg USS Callister is incredible!! I'd heard all the good things about it beforehand but still hadn't been particularly excited as I'm not really into the whole Star Trek thing but oh my, that was brilliant!

I thought it started off a bit slow but once the actual plot got going, I was really gripped. Odd that you can feel sympathetic for a character only for it to be completely turned round, he was absolutely horrible! A really horrible ending for him too, being stuck for eternity in... nothing. A surprise nice ending for the crew too, would have maybe been interesting to see what happened after in the real world but I know the story wasn't really about that.

Excited for the rest, but I'm going to try and spread them out!

+Quote this post
lotita
post 29th December 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #57
Group icon
feminist icon

JUST FINISHED ALL OF IT. i'll spoiler everything below

episode rank:

1. USS Callister
2. Metalhead
3. Black Museum
4. Crocodile
5. Hang the DJ
6. ArkAngel

general thoughts/reactions:

On the whole a really, really good season. USS Callister is the huge stand out for me, probably because it took me by complete surprise. I was expecting to find that episode the boring one seeing as I'm so uninterested in Star Trek but jesus, my heart was pounding throughout and I thought the storyline was so smart, acting was fantastic with some incredible one liners and also the filmography was amazing. Metalhead as well took me by surprise, a really simple storyline but so intense and the ending was heartbreaking, especially that final shot. Black Museum also was very interesting and an intriguing choice to round off the series, the moment where she walks off with the bear at the end is iconic, I spent half the episode thinking she had walked into a death trap so to see her prevail was amazing. Crocodile got me so angry in the classic Black Mirror way, especially when they pointed out the baby was blind!!!! I was already reeling enough that she killed him. Codger wins lad of the season award :'). Hang the DJ I'm still a little confused about, is the whole simulation world just for the one couple? The final scene lost me, but on the whole it was such an interesting premise. ArkAngel, despite being last in my ranking, I can't really fault as it was very thought provoking, it just didn't stand out as much as some moments from the other episodes

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 29th December 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ranking:
1. USS Callister
2. Crocodile
3. Hang The DJ
4. Arkangel
5. Black Museum
6. Metalhead

Wow the whole thing is so f***ing amazing, I love that this season was nowhere near as depressing or dark as the others as this year's already been a shitstorm so it was nice to have a sort of break. I was completely blown away by USS Callister, usually this sort of space opera thing a la Star Trek isn't for me at all but the plot and the way it unfolded was so smart and clever and I was completely not expecting it to have such a happy ending (also Aaron Paul at the end *.*), I could actually watch a whole spin-off series of the crew stuck in the game at the end. Crocodile also was a big surprise as we knew little about it going in and the whole memories idea wasn't really intriguing me but man it's probably one of the darkest most depressing episodes yet, the lengths she went to just to protect her status and identity, and I was sure she'd gotten away with it all to be happy with her family (I think the happy ending of USS Callister influenced me) but THAT DAMN HAMSTER WHAT, I didn't know wether to feel happy she'd gotten justice or sad that she's now lost everything. Hang The DJ really impressed me too, I had heard that it was gonna be the San Junipero of this season so I was intrigued but I wasn't expecting this, I got sooo hyped when they had the whole 'f*** the system' speech and I was rooting for them to get together (as this being Black Mirror I wasn't sure what to expect in the end), and that simulation twist completely got me by surprise and I thought it was dead clever how they bring back the 99.8 number ( I'm also intrigued by the two simulations where they didn't run off together. Arkangel was such a great character study, something BM always does best, and probably the most heartbreaking BM episode yet, as watching their relationship completely fall apart was just so hard to watch, but for some reason this didn't grab or impact me as much as the others, part of me wishes she'd killed the mother as I think that would have better stressed the idea of technology leading to the downfall of parenthood and there being no such perfect system or method of parenthood. Black Museum was really great as well and I loved the White Christmass-y structure, the first story about the guy addicted to pain, in particular, was so good and could have been an ep to itself (so could have the next one too tbf), but I found the twist a bit lacklustre and random and I think it could have been a lot better, like the museum guy wasn't exactly a very good person but he didn't deserve to die, it had a lot of potential but I think it just wasn't used that well, but the way all the stories connected together at the end was so satisfying to watch. I did like Metalhead too, I loved the artistic cinematography and it was so insanely tense the whole time, but I just feel like it needed some backstory, just some explanations about what the dogs were there for, is it a post apocalyptic world? was that due to the dogs? etc... (I've read some things about the dogs apparantly replacing police and acting as Judge, Jury and Executioner, and obviously this hasn't worked too well causing the world to be in this state), also wasn't the hugest fan of the twist with the teddy bears being the item they were trying to steal, I feel like it wasn't really necessary and causes a lot of the story's weight to be lost for me.

Overall though, just f*cking amazing tbh

+Quote this post
lotita
post 29th December 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #59
Group icon
feminist icon

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Dec 29 2017, 04:59 PM) *
Ranking:
1. USS Callister
2. Crocodile
3. Hang The DJ
4. Arkangel
5. Black Museum
6. Metalhead

Wow the whole thing is so f***ing amazing, I love that this season was nowhere near as depressing or dark as the others as this year's already been a shitstorm so it was nice to have a sort of break. I was completely blown away by USS Callister, usually this sort of space opera thing a la Star Trek isn't for me at all but the plot and the way it unfolded was so smart and clever and I was completely not expecting it to have such a happy ending (also Aaron Paul at the end *.*), I could actually watch a whole spin-off series of the crew stuck in the game at the end. Crocodile also was a big surprise as we knew little about it going in and the whole memories idea wasn't really intriguing me but man it's probably one of the darkest most depressing episodes yet, the lengths she went to just to protect her status and identity, and I was sure she'd gotten away with it all to be happy with her family (I think the happy ending of USS Callister influenced me) but THAT DAMN HAMSTER WHAT, I didn't know wether to feel happy she'd gotten justice or sad that she's now lost everything. Hang The DJ really impressed me too, I had heard that it was gonna be the San Junipero of this season so I was intrigued but I wasn't expecting this, I got sooo hyped when they had the whole 'f*** the system' speech and I was rooting for them to get together (as this being Black Mirror I wasn't sure what to expect in the end), and that simulation twist completely got me by surprise and I thought it was dead clever how they bring back the 99.8 number ( I'm also intrigued by the two simulations where they didn't run off together. Arkangel was such a great character study, something BM always does best, and probably the most heartbreaking BM episode yet, as watching their relationship completely fall apart was just so hard to watch, but for some reason this didn't grab or impact me as much as the others, part of me wishes she'd killed the mother as I think that would have better stressed the idea of technology leading to the downfall of parenthood and there being no such perfect system or method of parenthood. Black Museum was really great as well and I loved the White Christmass-y structure, the first story about the guy addicted to pain, in particular, was so good and could have been an ep to itself (so could have the next one too tbf), but I found the twist a bit lacklustre and random and I think it could have been a lot better, like the museum guy wasn't exactly a very good person but he didn't deserve to die, it had a lot of potential but I think it just wasn't used that well, but the way all the stories connected together at the end was so satisfying to watch. I did like Metalhead too, I loved the artistic cinematography and it was so insanely tense the whole time, but I just feel like it needed some backstory, just some explanations about what the dogs were there for, is it a post apocalyptic world? was that due to the dogs? etc... (I've read some things about the dogs apparantly replacing police and acting as Judge, Jury and Executioner, and obviously this hasn't worked too well causing the world to be in this state), also wasn't the hugest fan of the twist with the teddy bears being the item they were trying to steal, I feel like it wasn't really necessary and causes a lot of the story's weight to be lost for me.

Overall though, just f*cking amazing tbh

i'm so glad i have someone to discuss it all with!!!!! why is no one else hard core binging

LMAO I know how you feel @ the hamster. I did actually really feel for Mia but completely lost it when she killed the baby, I literally angrily screamed at my laptop. TOO FAR GIRL. Interesting that Hang the DJ has been compared to San Junipero, I'm intruiged to read more interpretations on it's ending because I'm still slightly lost, although your post clears it up a bit more :'). Also glad to see I wasn't the only one shook when the mother actually survived, although the brutalness of it coming full circle to her actually losing her daughter was quite chilling

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 29th December 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(lotita. @ Dec 29 2017, 05:09 PM) *
i'm so glad i have someone to discuss it all with!!!!! why is no one else hard core binging

LMAO I know how you feel @ the hamster. I did actually really feel for Mia but completely lost it when she killed the baby, I literally angrily screamed at my laptop. TOO FAR GIRL. Interesting that Hang the DJ has been compared to San Junipero, I'm intruiged to read more interpretations on it's ending because I'm still slightly lost, although your post clears it up a bit more :'). Also glad to see I wasn't the only one shook when the mother actually survived, although the brutalness of it coming full circle to her actually losing her daughter was quite chilling

ikr!!! Even my friends who watch it are only on like ep 2 or 3 and I'm like ffs finish already

It's just that when they revealed the baby was blind as well I completely lost it ahjqdbhja that ep left me an emotional wreck, when all the police walked into the school play I was freaking out, I feel like I shouldn't empathise with her but I can't help it.
I think Hang The DJ's ending is supposed to be like they run 1000 simulations like this for every single possible couple and they see how many end up together in order to work out how compatible the couple are, I thought it was dead clever and such a neat idea
Yeah tbf when she walked out of the house screaming for her, like when she lost her originally, was just so painful to watch, she was just trying to protect her daughter and that's how it ended up sad.gif I think Arkangel will be one to grow on me in the future

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:04 AM