BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nicola Roberts • General Discussion
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
inyourroom
post Oct 5 2015, 08:40 AM
Post #41
BuzzJack Climber
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,272
   No Gallery Pics

The last of the Girls has left her twenties behind today (doesn't look like she has though biggrin.gif)
In case she's reading this (and why wouldn't she?): happy birthday, Ms Roberts!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Oct 5 2015, 11:45 AM
Post #42
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Happy birthday Nicola! Gosh, all in their 30s now. In two and a half years I'll be joining them D:

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Oct 5 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #43
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Happy birthday Nicola! cheer.gif Gosh it feels strange that they're all in their 30s now ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Oct 5 2015, 12:40 PM
Post #44
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

The way they act with each other though you'd think they were 17.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Oct 5 2015, 12:58 PM
Post #45

biggrin.gif!

+Quote Post
FezVez
post Oct 6 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #46
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 10,358

She looked incredible!

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Sep 12 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #47

Imagem has signed a multi-year worldwide publishing deal with solo artist Nicola Roberts, best known for being in Girls Aloud.

Roberts has also written for former Girls Aloud member Cheryl on her current album Only Human, as well as with Little Mix’s on their first two albums; a role she will reprise on their next record.

In 2011 she also released her acclaimed debut, Cinderella’s Eyes which included collaborations with Metronomy and Diplo.

“We are absolutely thrilled that Nicola has joined the Imagem family,” said Kim Frankiewicz MD of Imagem Music UK. “For over a decade she has made a significant contribution to pop culture in the UK and beyond; as an artist she has a huge breadth of ability, and as a songwriter she has a real intimacy to her lyrics as well as being a fantastic collaborator.”

Roberts added: “I'm so happy to have signed my publishing with Kim Frankiewicz and her team at Imagem. Kim is encouraging and passionate about my work as a songwriter and also as an artist. It was important to me to find someone who understands my journey through both. Imagem have some incredible talent on their roster and I am thrilled to be part of the family.”

"We are incredibly excited for Nicola’s future with Imagem,” commented Sarah Stennett, CEO First Access Entertainment. “Nicola is an exceptionally talented artist & songwriter and the partnership with Kim and her fantastic team will no doubt lead to great things.”

from MusicWeek.

+Quote Post
Hayzayy
post Sep 12 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #48
Who's Daniel btw ?
Member No.: 1,804
   No Gallery Pics

ALBUM NUMBER 2 PLEASE.

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Nov 5 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #49
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

Track on Tinashe's new mixtape 'Nightride' that was co-written by Nicola and you can hear her vocals in the background of the chorus.

'Ghetto Boy' is possibly my favourite on the whole mixtape so come through Nicola.

+Quote Post
ThePensmith
post Apr 25 2017, 09:15 PM
Post #50
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
Member No.: 13,208
   No Gallery Pics

I have just got round to watching 'High Street Hijabis' and 'New York Hijabis', the two documentaries Nicola did with modest fashion YouTube vlogger Nabiilabee for Radio 1. Both are on BBC iPlayer for the next year and I would highly recommend both to watch. Really insightful viewing.

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Apr 25 2017, 09:20 PM

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 3 2017, 07:55 AM
Post #51
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

http://www.aol.co.uk/travel/2017/07/01/nic...orcyclist-rant/

What do we think? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 3 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #52
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(SeanGrey @ Jul 3 2017, 08:55 AM) *

Nadine and Sarah must be glad she doesn't speak to them anymore laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew.: Jul 3 2017, 09:22 PM

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Oct 31 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #53
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

The two witches reunited last night for the Pride of Britain Awards but I was most surprised to see Nicola posing for a selfie with Jeremy Corbyn!

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Nov 23 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #54
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

I was at a party with Nicola the other day & bothered her for a bit. NR2 does exist. Its different from anything she’s done before. Its not urban. It doesn’t sound like ‘gladiator’ She loves ‘Ghetto Boy’. I joked about campaigning to get ‘on the metro’ in the charts 2022 and she said they fought for it to be a single but Brian wouldn’t let them... and we both toasted to 10 years of Tangled Up. There was more but I canny remember...

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Nov 23 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #55
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

OH we loled over the ‘Team Ginge’ campaign also

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 23 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #56
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Cool story bro. Please refrain from telling it again. 🙃

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Nov 23 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #57
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

I assume "they fought for it to be a single but Brian wouldn’t let them" is in regards to deciding what was chosen as the first single? Kimberley also mentioned in her autobiography that she would have preferred On the Metro over Something New. Although Nadine recently stated that the other girls had wanted Beautiful Cause You Love Me to be first!

Considering that they promoted Beautiful Cause You Love Me (which isn't Xenomania produced) alongside Something New, it doesn't seem like Brian would have had the power to veto On the Metro being released afterwards. I wish they had, it would have been a fantastic single to bow out on! Even though it wasn't Xenomania, it was still very them and would have sat comfortably in their singles discography. Sigh!

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Nov 23 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #58
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Also, Nicola gushed over BCYLM when it was announced.

+Quote Post
Alberto!
post Jun 12 2018, 12:33 AM
Post #59
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 39,843
   No Gallery Pics

Nicola performs a stripped back version of P!nk's What About Us at Madison Square Garden. No clue what she was doing there and it also seems to me that there was no audience..? Randomly beautiful rendition.

www.instagram.com/p/Bj5fL2nnNVZ/?taken-by=lilcola

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Jul 23 2018, 11:49 AM
Post #60
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

Nicola is in the news today after she has (finally) received an apology from the Crown Prosecution Service for their failing to prosecute her ex-boyfriend who stalked her. The full story from the BBC:

Girls Aloud's Nicola Roberts gets CPS apology over stalker case

The Crown Prosecution Service has apologised to Girls Aloud star Nicola Roberts for failing to prosecute an ex-boyfriend accused of stalking her.

Carl Davies was given a lifetime restraining order in May 2017 for stalking the singer.

Davies was later charged with breaching it by looking at her social media, but the case was later dropped by the CPS.

Roberts told the Sunday Times she had been left "too scared to take the dogs for a walk".

Davies, from Flint, had sent 3,000 messages from 35 fake Twitter accounts to Roberts, after they split in 2008.

They included threats to stab and burn her.

In May last year, the Afghanistan veteran was given a 15-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, after admitting stalking the singer.

He was later charged with breaching the restraining order against her after being accused of viewing Miss Roberts's Instagram posts between July and August 2017.

But the CPS dropped the case because it believed there was no realistic prospect of a conviction.

Instead the judge extended the ban to prevent Davies viewing her social media posts and websites.

Now the CPS has apologised to Roberts for failing to prosecute Davies for breaching the restraining order.

"We accept our decision not to prosecute the breach of the order was incorrect," said a CPS statement.

"We have written to Ms Roberts to apologise and have taken steps to ensure lessons are learned from the case.

"We fully appreciate the impact stalking and harassment has on victims and we take prosecuting these cases extremely seriously.

"We regularly update our legal guidance to keep up with changes in technology, including social media platforms."

Roberts told The Sunday Times her experience had left her too scared to keep her window open at night.

The 32-year-old said Davies, who she dated for 18 months before their break up in 2008, had started following her again on Instagram after last year's restraining order to let her know that "he was still watching me".

It sounds like what she went through was awful, and although an apology is rightly due, it feels a bit like too little, too late sad.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:13 AM