BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Barclays Premier League chat ii, Leicester City are champions
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dobbo
post Mar 19 2016, 04:58 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Chelsea now mathematically out of the title race tongue.gif

Unlucky there for West Ham, could have made the derby tomorrow even more important had they won too.

This post has been edited by Dobbo: Mar 19 2016, 04:58 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Houdini
post Mar 19 2016, 06:13 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725
I think Leicester will win the league now, and I think they will do it before the last day of the season. If Tottenham don't win tomorrow then the race for the title is over.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 19 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #43
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Mar 19 2016, 06:13 PM) *
I think Leicester will win the league now, and I think they will do it before the last day of the season. If Tottenham don't win tomorrow then the race for the title is over.

It's very easily to crumble, heck there have been 10 point leads gone at this stage of the season. It's all about keeping calm.

Thought West Ham were really unlucky today, they played well. Chelsea are a really poor side though, far too many weak links and players that should not be starting for a CL/title contenders side.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Mar 19 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 20 2016, 07:02 AM) *
It's very easily to crumble, heck there have been 10 point leads gone at this stage of the season. It's all about keeping calm.

That's very true, heck I remember when it happened to United 4 seasons ago with only 5 games to go & an 8 point gap.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post Mar 19 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think if it was one of the traditional teams like Chelsea or Manchester City that were in this position with only 7 matches to go then no one would be doubting them. Leicester have looked like champions for a large portion of the season but because of their background people still doubt to this day whether they will do it or not.

Even by middle of April people will continue to doubt them despite possibly remaining 5 or more points ahead of 2nd place.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 19 2016, 08:07 PM
Post #46
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Mar 19 2016, 07:51 PM) *
I think if it was one of the traditional teams like Chelsea or Manchester City that were in this position with only 7 matches to go then no one would be doubting them. Leicester have looked like champions for a large portion of the season but because of their background people still doubt to this day whether they will do it or not.

Even by middle of April people will continue to doubt them despite possibly remaining 5 or more points ahead of 2nd place.

Of course we will. I've seen enough title collapses to know it happens, and it's even more likely to happen to a team that's never been in a title race. Their saving grace really is that everyone else is really inconsistent and Spurs have never been in the same position. I think Leicester have been the best team of the season and deserve to be champions. But there's ages to go yet. All it takes is complacency to set in and boom..

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Mar 19 2016, 09:08 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Er Brendys Liverpool in 2013/14

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Mar 19 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
QUOTE(Rooney @ Mar 19 2016, 08:07 PM) *
Of course we will. I've seen enough title collapses to know it happens, and it's even more likely to happen to a team that's never been in a title race. Their saving grace really is that everyone else is really inconsistent and Spurs have never been in the same position. I think Leicester have been the best team of the season and deserve to be champions. But there's ages to go yet. All it takes is complacency to set in and boom..

If Ranieri is behaving in private the way he is behaving in public, complacency shouldn't be a problem.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post Mar 20 2016, 03:48 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
With Norwich winning yesterday and a draw for Newcastle and Sunderland today the relegation battle is getting closer. Crystal Palace might want to start looking over the shoulder.

Norwich still need to play Sunderland, Newcastle and Palace. With Newcastle to play Palace as well.

Sunderland now with 3 draws in a row are on the backfoot with probably the hardest run in still to go, other than maybe Crystal Palace's.

Who do people think will go down. Villa it is just a matter of when really, 12 points from safety with 7 games to go.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 20 2016, 04:51 PM
Post #50
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Martyn @ Mar 20 2016, 03:48 PM) *
With Norwich winning yesterday and a draw for Newcastle and Sunderland today the relegation battle is getting closer. Crystal Palace might want to start looking over the shoulder.

Norwich still need to play Sunderland, Newcastle and Palace. With Newcastle to play Palace as well.

Sunderland now with 3 draws in a row are on the backfoot with probably the hardest run in still to go, other than maybe Crystal Palace's.

Who do people think will go down. Villa it is just a matter of when really, 12 points from safety with 7 games to go.

Villa are down. For me it's two out of Palace/Norwich/Newcastle/Sunderland - it's all about who can string 2/3 good results in a row. Palace's form is awful.

Newcastle for me have it in their own hands as they have to play a lot of the bottom clubs.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Mar 20 2016, 06:02 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Ya absolute f***ing dancer!!!!!!!

What a welcome to Manchester present.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 20 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #52
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
United played really well. City were complete garbage. Another team that needs an overhaul, good luck Pep.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post Mar 20 2016, 06:27 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Good win today but we've got to be consistent now, there's no use winning today but then going on to lose or draw our next few matches. Manchester City are a shadow of their former selves right now, they were so good in the first five or six matches as well.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Mar 20 2016, 07:12 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Essential result that was, things getting extremely tight in the race for top 4 too. As Hazza says whilst our record this season against the other top 6 clubs has been admirable we need to back that up with the games we should be winning - although this season more than ever no game is a banker.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Mar 20 2016, 10:29 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Sorta glad Liverpool didn't win today so we can avoid the Europa League tbh!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 20 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #56
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Steve201 @ Mar 20 2016, 10:29 PM) *
Sorta glad Liverpool didn't win today so we can avoid the Europa League tbh!

We blew a great chance to put pressure on 4th. Today was the first time Klopp messed up, but hopefully shows that a couple of players really need binning in the summer (Skrtel, Benteke). With our squad size we need European football. Plus, when we enter the CL again we'll do poop for a few seasons because we'll be in a crazy hard grouo because of how low our coefficent will be!!

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Mar 20 2016, 11:12 PM
Post #57
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
You could have predicted today - United have been deeply average all season, City have ranged between brilliant and absolute piss depending on their injury list at the time. I think if Otamendi had been fit today they could well have won, but they've badly missed De Bruyne recently. Rarely look like scoring against a packed defence.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 20 2016, 11:33 PM
Post #58
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Soy Adrián @ Mar 20 2016, 11:12 PM) *
You could have predicted today - United have been deeply average all season, City have ranged between brilliant and absolute piss depending on their injury list at the time. I think if Otamendi had been fit today they could well have won, but they've badly missed De Bruyne recently. Rarely look like scoring against a packed defence.

They just looked poor throughout. Their starting XI was so weak right now. They miss De Bryne for sure, but their centre backsbar Kompany are erratic. The midfield lacks creativity or dominance. Yaya is so inconsistent these days and lord knows what's happened to Silva. Really think Pep will have his work cut out.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post Mar 21 2016, 01:41 AM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I really hope Man City miss the top 4, even if Man Utd don't get there then I would much rather West Ham getting it instead and it would be hilarious if Pep arrives straight into Thursday nights in the midst of all of the hype that has surrounded him taking over at City.

+Quote this post
jaynesangel
post Mar 29 2016, 08:34 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 562
Remi Garde leaves Aston Villa by mutual consent after 4 months in charge.

+Quote this post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:07 AM