BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Chart Book
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
kingofskiffle
post 15th December 2019, 05:07 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 3,777

I think your confusing me with Music Chronicle. He is the one who has produced a 1980’s book. Mine is a little different to his. I do recommend you get his book as it’s excellent, but we are different people and these are different books.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 15th December 2019, 06:40 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(Crazy Chris-tmas @ Dec 15 2019, 05:04 PM) *
It's very good Steve. Got mine on Ebay.

Oh yes sorry I am. Prefer a physical book tbh.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 15th December 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Il have a look at both!

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 8th March 2020, 04:14 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

I have just launched a new book! 
The NME Singles Charts – 1970-1979

NME compiled their own chart during the 1970’s and this volume includes every single chart hit on the Singles charts during this decade, together with analysis and the full weekly charts for the entire decade!

This book has the important information you always wanted to see for each charted record:-
B-Side
Full Composer Credits
Song Duration
Every Re-entry shown with entry date, peak and weeks
Full track listing, in the correct order, for each EP below it’s entry
Complete Weekly Chart listings
Together with the usual information such as entry date, label and catalogue number.

Don’t miss adding this much sought after chart collection to your archive. 

PDF download – £10 

301 stunning pages in full colour

Check out the sample pages! 
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.thechartbook...970s-ADVERT.pdf

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 22nd March 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Melody Maker Albums 1958-1969
Melody Maker published their own album chart from 1958-1988. This volume contains the first 12 years of that chart, printing the full track listing of each album is shown, with tracks in the order they appeared on the release.

Full durations are shown for each album (except two for which details can not be found). 

This is the first time these have been listed in this format making this a unique collection.

At the end of 1969 Melody maker was compiling at least a Top 40, and this was printed (with 31-40 as breakers) in Music Business Weekly, and is presented here for the first time. 

In addition, each and every single weekly chart is presented at the end of the book.

PDF download – only £10.

This book has 213 pages and needs to be seen to be understood. Click the link to view a sample.
https://usercontent.one/wp/www.thechartbook...58_69Advert.pdf

+Quote this post
mick745
post 25th May 2020, 12:19 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 17,441

This is great stuff. What do you have available for the 1980s?

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 25th May 2020, 02:47 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Thanks! So far, nothing. I'm working on a couple of 1980's ideas for by the end of the year. The way I have been working is to add from the start in order, so that I don't assign the record to the wrong entry, or get stuff wrong. Well, I'm sure I will get something wrong (!) but a lot less than otherwise. So far, the "new" database (from which the books are made) is up to 1985 for UK Albums, but I need to add more of the Melody Maker Albums and Singles.

+Quote this post
mick745
post 26th May 2020, 07:54 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 17,441

You will certainly have me as one of your customers when everything is ready.

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 2nd June 2020, 05:41 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

The NME Album Charts – 1962-1969
NME compiled their own chart during the 1960’s and this volume includes every single charting hit album on the Albums charts during this decade, together with analysis, full track listings, durations and the full weekly charts for the entire decade!

This book has the important information you always wanted to see for each charted record:-

Durations
Full track listing – in the order they appeared on the original album
Every re-entry shown in sequence
Complete weekly charts digitally for the first time
Together with the usual information such as entry date, label and catalogue number.

Don’t miss adding this much sought after chart collection to your archive.

PDF download – £10

167 stunning pages in full colour

Check out the sample pages!

https://usercontent.one/wp/www.thechartbook...1962_Advert.pdf

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 15th July 2023, 09:00 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

For those who have not looked at my website recently, there have been quite a few new books added since I last updated this thread in 2020.

https://www.thechartbook.co.uk

Do please have a look, but some highlights include

- Decade Series for Singles for each of the 1980's, 1990's and 2000's
- A series focusing on the 70 Years of the UK Singles chart

More are also coming soon, so please have a look as well at a recent blog post https://www.thechartbook.co.uk/2023/07/15/website-updates/

If you have any ideas for books then do please drop me a message and I'll see what I can come up with!

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 2nd August 2023, 01:08 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

85 Years Of Billboard Sales Charts

https://www.thechartbook.co.uk/85-years-of-us-sales-charts/

Announcing the launch of a new subscription chart series, looking at all the Billboard Pop Sales Charts since 1940 through to mid 2025 (or 85 years). The charts began in July 1940 with the launch of the Best Sellers In Stores chart, together with 4 regional charts. By 1955 the charts had grown and Billboard launched a Top 100 and finally in August 1958 the Hot 100, still going strong today. This series will focus on those charts, and others, providing new insights and new ways to view the data.

Subscribers get the full series, plus some free gifts, or whole decades can be purchased, or individual years. The first issue, 1940, launches on 8 August, so sign up now!

Do please check out the sample pages, from numerous volumes, on the page above. And, of course, feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 21st August 2023, 08:06 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Just a reminder that if anybody is interested, the first three issues are out now

1940 onwards includes the Regional charts, produced at the time, while 1942 sees the start of the chart that becomes the R&B chart.

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 27th September 2023, 06:22 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

The 1947 chart book has been issued and contains 592 pages covering 5 charts, including the Juke Box Folk (Country) chart and the R&B Juke Box charts. If your interested, the full series can still be purchased form the website or individual issues can be bought also. The series will contain a wealth of charts, all with full information as to writers, duration and B-Sides (as appropriate).

https://www.thechartbook.co.uk/85-years-of-.../#85_Purchasing

Please use the link above if you wish to purchase or view samples.

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 19th October 2023, 08:08 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

I have just launched two new books on my website (though one is a much more expanded edition of one from 2017).

Record Mirror: This book is the definitive version of the Record Mirror charts.

Record Mirror Singles
The Top 10, later 20, singles chart runs from 1955 through to 1962, covering pretty much the whole Skiffle era, the rise of Elvis, Cliff and a host of other artists, as well as the change from the acts who dominated the early 1950’s through to the period just before the Beatles snuck onto the charts at the end of the year. 967 records by 518 artists appear, some being unique to this chart.

The British Artists Chart
This was not a new idea, as NME had run a British Artists Chart in 1954, covering a few short weeks until they expanded their main chart from a Top 12 to a Top 20 (See the 70 Years Series issue for 1954 for a full history of that chart). The idea was a good one though, and at the end of 1955 Record Mirror started a Top 10 British Artists chart, just at the right time to cover Rock Island Line charting for the first time where it would become a Number 1 – sadly not on the main chart. The British Artists chart was a Top 10 for its entire life, finally ending in 1961. This chart is one never before researched and I do find that a shame as, apart from giving Lonnie Donegan another number 1, it does provide an interesting snapshot, particularly in the lower region, of records not yet – or never – in the national chart. By mid 1956 NME would have a Top 30, so most of these records do chart elsewhere, but the early period does offer some interesting titles for perusal.

The LP Chart
Record Mirror produced the first LP chart in 1956, 2 years before Melody Maker and while those two years of Top 5’s are now part of the official chart canon, subsequent years are not, of course, as Melody Maker had a larger chart, and those years (1958-1962) have never bene researched – until now. Some albums appear for the first time, including two I have been unable to find the durations for sadly (so maybe a 4th version of this book will be produced?) and the full history and track listing of these albums is unique to this volume.

The Book
I’ve had a great deal of fun putting this together, and researching from original scans of the charts as printed all the data.

Check out the sample on the website, or the page her lets you purchase the book for £10 for 400 pages.
https://www.thechartbook.co.uk/the-decade-s...ror-1955-1962/ 

My other new book is a Decade series for Billboard Pop Singles for the 1940's.

Following on from my successful UK Singles Decade Series, I now launch the same for the Billboard Pop Charts, begun in 1940 and continuing to this day.

For those wishing to purchase, please note that each is available as a free gift to those subscribing to either a full year, or the full series of my Billboard 85 Years series.

Volume 1 contains over 1,200 pages (for just £10), in full colour, covering full chart data with exact peak positions as denoted on each chart for the Billboard best Sellers In Stores Chart, begun in 1940 and stoped being compiled in 1958, as well as almost 5 years worth of Regional charts (from the East Coast, Mid-West, South and West Coast), together with the 1944 begun Juke Box chart and the 1945 begun Disk Jockey (radio plays) chart.

Each entry contains the composer, duration, B-Side, and full chart history for each appearance on each chart.​
To check out the sample and purchase please visit this page here
https://www.thechartbook.co.uk/the-usa-collection/

My 85 Years of Billboard Charts series is still available, with the first 10 issues (1940-1949) now issued, and more to come with 1950 issued on 24 October.
https://www.thechartbook.co.uk/85-years-of-us-sales-charts/ 

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 22nd October 2023, 09:33 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

For those who wish to have all of the 1980's charts - including the complete Top 200 - I have just launched a new book on the website covering the Gallup Top 200 form 1983-1989 and the weekly BMRB charts for 1980-82. To purchase the £15, 4,000 page book head over to the website. A sample set of pages is also presented.

https://www.thechartbook.co.uk/2023/10/22/t...-200-1983-1989/

I have been wanting to do this book for a long time, and now, finally, I can!

This volume – my largest book yet – contains over 4,000 pages with the BMRB charts for 1980-1982, and then the complete Gallup Top 200 charts from 1983-1989, complete with panel sales. The book covers all Top 200 charts and lists the full weekly charts – including the starred out records, removed via exclusion rules, in there proper place. The book adds up the panel sales for the chart run and is, quite simply, my favourite chart book.

This book does come a little more expensive, at £15, but I think you will agree that the huge page count makes it worth it. The book is delivered as a link, as the book is over 50Mb in size, due to the huge wealth of information. Virtually all entires include full B-Side listings, label, catalogue number and duration, although of course some entries do miss this due to the inability to locate the records concerned.

Some of the data has been posted on the forum UKMix, and I am very grateful to both Robbie and of course kobyhadrian for supplying the original Top 200 data.

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 18th April 2024, 05:44 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

FLASH SALE!

I've decided to celebrate the end of Winter with my first flash sale on the website. Virtually all the books currently on sake are included, with a couple of items not included. This is a fantastic time to increase your collection or pick up the missing volume you have always wanted!

What's The Offer?

The offer is that you purchase one book and get a second absolutely free!

The book bought must be of equal or greater value than the book being requested as free. The only exclusions are forthcoming books - such as 1973 Billboard 85 Years Series volume or later volumes and the Billboard 85 Years Subscription.

How does it work?

Select the book you want and purchase. At checkout you should be able to send me a note and in that note tell me the volume you want as your free gift.

Example:

Purchase the 1950 Billboard Decade Series (for £25) and type in the box at checkout that you want to purchase the 1960 Billboard Decade as your free gift (That's also £25, and so included).

Head to http://www.thechartbook.co.uk and happy spending!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 2nd May 2024, 10:43 PM