BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> $cooter sells Taylor's masters to Shamrock Holdings, Taylor releases statement, $cooter is being a c**t
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 16th November 2020, 08:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

i. am. f***ing. fuming.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 16th November 2020, 08:25 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Scum.

He's honestly the biggest most vile c**t in music rn.

---

EDIT: I think I'll be even more mad if Republic or Taylor paid THAT much to get them back.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 16th November 2020, 10:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

i. hate. him. so. much.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 16th November 2020, 11:30 PM
Post #4
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

He’s honestly horrible.

I have no idea why Ariana works for him. I remember Ariana confirmed she was told to take down her insta story of Miley because of Miley publically defending Taylor

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 16th November 2020, 11:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon

QUOTE(Wall @ Nov 16 2020, 11:30 PM) *
He’s honestly horrible.

I have no idea why Ariana works for him. I remember Ariana confirmed she was told to take down her insta story of Miley because of Miley publically defending Taylor
Ari also had to remove a post of herself supporting Taylor (basically saying what Scooter did was wrong) iirc!

If he wasn't so damn good at his job, she'd be LONG gone by now I think. I hate to say it, but Scooter (although I low-key think this is all backfiring on him and he's starting to lose the plot a bit/not be as effective as he once was) is one of the best in the industry for promoting his artists sad.gif

However, despite endless promotion for her, nothing is sticking with Demi, so I think Ari is in a position (hahahehehahaho) to take her own path and still be just as successful.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th November 2020, 12:11 AM
Post #6
Group icon

QUOTE(UltraFolklore @ Nov 16 2020, 10:58 PM) *
i. hate. him. so. much.

Absolutely disgusting. I feel physically sick.

How he is allowed to make shit like this and the NDAs I really don't know. It's pissing me off MORE that this is 100% out of spite and he knows it's gonna haunt her, no matter how "at peace" she is with having to re-record her stuff.

I really don't understand how he can be so evil and malicious.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 17th November 2020, 08:24 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(Tafty @ Nov 17 2020, 02:11 AM) *
I really don't understand how he can be so evil and malicious.

How is he "so evil & malicious"? He is just doing business. He doesn't need her approval for selling her masters. They are not hers.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 17th November 2020, 09:21 AM
Post #8
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Nov 17 2020, 08:24 AM) *
How is he "so evil & malicious"? He is just doing business. He doesn't need her approval for selling her masters. They are not hers.

This is what I don't get as well. If you sell your masters, you lose your rights. In the US there isn't the same 'Gentleman's agreement' like it is in the UK. She got paid and launched a very successful career.

Anyway I am torn on the story. While I can't deny Scooter is pretty ruthless, we continually only see one side from the media. There are some people who love him but others who loathe him, which is very 21st Century. I think most of the old music execs ate universally hated in the industry. From my point of view if you are really that bothered about your music and owning the full rights you just sign a NDA and put the whole thing to bed. Who knows what goes on not in the public eye. I can understand why Taylor Swift is upset, but it's a business transaction.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th November 2020, 10:47 AM
Post #9
Group icon

She's reached out to him numerous times to buy them off of him. But unless she signs the NDA that permits her to not say a negative word about him, she can't have them.

IT'S HER DAMN WORK. She deserves the right to buy them off of him. He's doing it with malicious intent coz she showed the world that him and Bieber were nothing but cowards and bullies after they tried to humiliate her on a video chat.

This isn't even about business for him, he KNOWS Taylor would buy them for probably more than what he is selling them for. It's done just so he has that little bit of power over her.

It's disgusting.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 17th November 2020, 11:07 AM
Post #10
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Tafty @ Nov 17 2020, 10:47 AM) *
She's reached out to him numerous times to buy them off of him. But unless she signs the NDA that permits her to not say a negative word about him, she can't have them.

IT'S HER DAMN WORK. She deserves the right to buy them off of him. He's doing it with malicious intent coz she showed the world that him and Bieber were nothing but cowards and bullies after they tried to humiliate her on a video chat.

This isn't even about business for him, he KNOWS Taylor would buy them for probably more than what he is selling them for. It's done just so he has that little bit of power over her.

It's disgusting.

But it's not her work though is it? She sold the master rights. Sure, she is the lead artist but did she write and produce every single song on each of her early albums? When you sign away your rights, it will be spelled out what could happen. Songwriters' sell their songs every day and get absolutely jack-all accreditation for their work.

I'm sure there is definitely some malicious intent there in Scooter's behalf. Just sign the NDA and be over with it. But the story to bed. Life is all about compromise's, I'm sure we all work with people we dislike but we work with them because we have to and that's just life.

Don't get me wrong I have some sympathy for Taylor but she cries wolf every time someone does something. See the whole Spotify shade in 2015/2016/2017. Doesn't this all come back to Kanye West anyway? There's obviously more than meets the eye to the story with both parties.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 18th November 2020, 11:21 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

https://hollywoodlife.com/feature/taylor-sw...meline-4263186/

+Quote this post