BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lion, Dev Patel, Rooney Mara | 20th Jan 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Oct 22 2016, 08:40 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Was getting quite a bit of hype a few months back on the awards circuit but seems to have dropped off the map a bit now. Nicole Kidman seems to have got really good reviews for this though and I think the film looks really good so I'm looking forward to it still. Shame we have to wait until the New Year to see it sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Oct 25 2016, 09:52 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
Looking forward to this!

I always associate Dev with Skins so seeing how grown-up and handsome he looks now is so weird laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jan 21 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Another great film from this year's awards season, I do hope this gets a few Oscar nominations this coming week. Nicole Kidman was a real highlight, especially in her last few scenes and Sunny Pawar was a great discovery, I imagine his lack of knowing the English language will prevent him from getting many more big roles but he was really amazing in this, I probably preferred him to Dev Patel actually. The story was moving and always stayed interesting, I especially enjoyed the first half with Saroo's journey that made him end up in Australia as well as the ending watching the clip of the real people and the 'lion' reveal, very nice ending wub.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jan 23 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
"What's your mother's name?"
"Mum"
laugh.gif

What a stunning film, a truly beautiful story. I loved the innocence of the first half, Saroo learning some English sat around the table, the point where he's adopted. The ending was so moving, I felt a bit tearful, the happiness of being reunited with his biological mother, the sadness of finding out his brother was killed, seeing the photos and clips of the real life people, especially his biological mother and adoptive mother meeting, it was almost too much. And then the final text on screen.

I would love if this pulled a shock as (assuming it gets nominated tomorrow) I think it's going to be my favourite Best Picture nominee of the year. Maybe Dev could end up winning, Supporting Actor does look to be the least competitive category.

I could rave about this all day, everyone go and see it!

+Quote this post
Davidson
post Jan 24 2017, 01:22 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
I thought this was truly wonderful. Great understated performances all round and the story and the way in which it was told was so incredibly moving.

I wasn't as completely in love with the second half of the film, when he had grown up. It was still engaging but the first half had such a charm and vivacity about it that I was almost sad about the movement in time.

Still truly fantastic and I hope it isn't overlooked completely in the award season coming up.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Feb 2 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Really liked this, the whole storytelling aspect was brilliantly acted & never felt at any stage like it was dragging, in fact far from it!

I was going in with reasonably high expectations anyway but they were exceeded.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Feb 4 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #7
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
This was incredible. What an extraordinary story. Was on the verge of tears several times during the film.

(Dev Patel being super hot helped as well oops~)

+Quote this post
Jade
post Feb 13 2017, 08:01 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
This was an exquisite film and one of the most moving that I've seen for a while. I agree with what some have already said in here about the Saroo portrayal - Dev certainly did well in the role but I really warmed to the younger version of him and was a bit sad to see him grow up! I was hooked all the way through nevertheless, had to hold back the tears quite a few times, especially when it was announced that Saroo's brother died the same day he went missing - their poor mother losing two kids in one day cry.gif. An absolutely marvellous example of storytelling and stunning performances all round. The first film I've seen at the cinema in 2017 so an extremely high point to start on!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:31 AM