BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Everytime" Video Director: Britney Didn't Want To Finish..., ... Filming It.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post Aug 22 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #1
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Group: Members
Member No.: 67

After Britney Spears dumped a bucket of ice water onto her manager's head the other day, she told him it was for the 17 years of torture she's been through.

Now I know it's an expression, but was there a little truth to it?

Photographer David LaChapelle first met Britney in 1999 for her infamous Rolling Stone magazine cover shoot, then reconnected with her for the "Everytime" music video. He says at the time, Britney was unmotivated to finish filming that video and, frankly, was over it. All of it.

He says in a new interview:
"Britney never actually really wanted this career... She was doing pageants for kids when she was a little girl. So when she falls everyone is watching on TV, like it's gossip. When she was 17 years old and we shot Rolling Stone, I met her parents at her house and they were sweet. Everyone was really nice. There were pictures and trophies of her as a beauty pageant girl and then she exploded into worldwide fame. It wasn't really a life that she asked. In my mind, I believe she didn't exactly want and came to New York with that goal and worked at it and became a big popstar."

"When we were doing the 'Everytime' video and shooting the second day, she didn't want to finish it. We didn't have a video. I remember thinking 'wow, she doesn't really wanna be here.' Working with people who are celebrities over the years taught me that there's a lot of suffering in an artist. When people get rich like that everybody wants something. It's like winning the lottery... People are making a lot of money off of them (celebrities)."

Right around that time was when Britney met Kevin Federline, stopped touring and settled down to have a family. Is it at all accurate?

What do YOU think of LaChapelle's revelation?

-breatheheavy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Umi
post Aug 22 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #2
All I See br29
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

I find that strange. I've always thought ITZ was the time she was most enjoying being a popstar with how involved she was getting and 'Everytime' is a big part of that. Doesn't make sense to me that she'd put so much effort with co-writes, video concepts and so on if she wasn't liking it at all?

+Quote Post
star.shine
post Aug 22 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #3
swimming in the stars
Member No.: 11,697
   No Gallery Pics

Jordan really is terrible at writing said stories.

+Quote Post
Luciano
post Aug 23 2014, 09:54 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 96

QUOTE(Umi @ Aug 22 2014, 07:28 PM) *
I find that strange. I've always thought ITZ was the time she was most enjoying being a popstar with how involved she was getting and 'Everytime' is a big part of that. Doesn't make sense to me that she'd put so much effort with co-writes, video concepts and so on if she wasn't liking it at all?

Hmm... actually she was over that era by mid-2004 (around the time she met Kevin Federline and wanted to form a family with him).

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 23 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #5

... And she recorded the "Everytime" a couple weeks after meeting him.

+Quote Post
Luciano
post Aug 23 2014, 10:45 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 96

...So it wouldn't surprise me if she weren't too fussed about filming the video.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 23 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #7

... Yeah... Outrageous who?

+Quote Post
Umi
post Aug 23 2014, 11:37 PM
Post #8
All I See br29
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

How does Original Doll fit into that timeline, though?

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Aug 24 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #9

I think Britney just gets bored quickly, and perhaps she was ready to move on from that era, because she was entering a different stage in life. I think Original Doll would have captured that if it were released, tbh. I think she wanted to capture it.

+Quote Post
nickthenoodle
post Aug 24 2014, 06:05 PM
Post #10
livin' legend you can look but don't touch
Member No.: 4,844
   No Gallery Pics

I don't want to believe this because I always associate Everytime and ITZ as being the most 'Britney' of Britney's music. i.e. the music she had most control over and was most proud of

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:19 PM