BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AF Idol: Round 8: Reflection, 9th: Spice Girls | 10th: Zara Larsson
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post Jun 12 2019, 07:32 AM
Post #1
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

RESULTS:
09th: Spice Girls
10th: Zara Larsson
---
11th: Calvin Harris
12th: Madonna
13th: P!nk
14th: Beyoncé & Destiny's Child
15th. Taylor Swift
16th. The Saturdays
17th. Billie Eilish
18th. Rihanna
19th. Paramore
20th. Ariana Grande
---
21st. One Direction
22nd. RuPaul
23rd. K-Pop
24th. Robbie Williams & Take That

The losing entries:

It's Goodbye to the most successful and iconic girl group of all time, the Spice Girls, and to the Queen of scraping through numerous rounds of AF Idol: Swedish pop singer Zara Larsson.

As a Spice Girls mod and fan, I'm delighted that they made it this far into the contest, with what is an admittedly small but hit heavy singles discography! Maz & I went into this round knowing that Goodbye was a bit of a risk, considering that it didn't seem to be one of their more revered songs on BuzzJack - but I was pleasantly surprised that it at least made it into the Play-off round, and even gave Girls Aloud's Sexy! No No No... a run for its money, only falling 2 votes short.

Meanwhile Zara Larsson was proving herself to be quite the dark horse in this contest! She was involved in the play-offs of Round 1, 2, 4 & 6 and managed to win all of them! It has certainly come as a surprise to many that it's her UK #1 Symphony that has ultimately lead to her downfall, so Round 8 is her Funeral in this contest. Ending in the Top 10 artist forums is an incredible result for Zara, and I'm sure we can all agree that her mods played it really well with her.

Round 9 will be starting on Thursday, 13th June morning and once again will last two days. The next round is a special one! Mods, we require two songs for your artists this time! One of them must be an album track. Please PM your two songs to UltraME! by Wednesday evening at 23:59 (tonight).

This round will result in a triple elimination! Please note that this will also be the last multiple elimination round. Once we reach the Top 5 it will just be single eliminations (so no play-offs).

Thanks so much for your participation in Round 8 heart.gif

ROUND 8 RESULTS: (96 votes):
1st. Rita Ora - Anywhere - 63
2nd. Dua Lipa - New Rules - 62
3rd. Katy Perry - Firework - 44
4th. Britney Spears - I'm A Slave 4 U - 43
5th. Lady Gaga - Alejandro - 42
6th. Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes - 41
6th. Little Mix - Black Magic - 41
8th. Spice Girls - Goodbye - 36
9th. Girls Aloud - Sexy! No No No... - 34
10th. Zara Larsson - Symphony - 33

Play-Off Results:
1st: Girls Aloud - Sexy! No No No... - 36
2nd: Spice Girls - Goodbye - 34
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 12 2019, 07:36 AM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

LMAO.

The 36 & 34 results swap for Spices and GA is quite something :')

So happy Little Mix managed to make it through though heart.gif

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jun 12 2019, 07:49 AM
Post #3
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Thank god for GA!!

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Jun 12 2019, 07:51 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

shocked at GA going through with one of the worst pop songs in the history of music biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Jun 12 2019, 08:14 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Awwww poor Spice Girls sad.gif

I guess Girls Aloud have more to offer though.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jun 12 2019, 09:08 AM
Post #6
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Bjork @ Jun 12 2019, 08:51 AM) *
shocked at GA going through with one of the worst pop songs in the history of music biggrin.gif

This is one of the most offensive posts I've ever read

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jun 12 2019, 09:26 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

Shaking and violently screaming with rage at that GA song going through over Goodbye and Symphony!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Rush
post Jun 12 2019, 09:26 AM
Post #8
wayback machine gif rescuer
Member No.: 18,564
   No Gallery Pics

Was so glad to open Buzzjack this morning and see 'Sexy! No No No...' had survived by 1 vote!
^ Repeat of the same post I made yesterday! Just by 2 votes this time tongue.gif

Was it always intended to send 'Goodbye' this late, or was it a change of plans due to underestimating how many rounds were left? Because I thought it's probably one of their least popular singles. I expected 'Viva Forever' to be this round since it was the only big (in my view) one left, and then the next to be either 'Goodbye', 'Too Much', or possibly one of Melanie C's 2 #1s.

Unexpected plot twist on 2 entries + requiring an album track! ohmy.gif Maybe Gaga should've held onto 'Dance In The Dark', though I think she's one of the best suited in terms of well-known album tracks. But alternatively I'm ready to enjoy 'Jewels N' Drugs', 'Peacock' and 'Chillin' With You' ~

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jun 12 2019, 09:29 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rush @ Jun 12 2019, 10:26 AM) *
^ Repeat of the same post I made yesterday! Just by 2 votes this time tongue.gif

Was it always intended to send 'Goodbye' this late, or was it a change of plans due to underestimating how many rounds were left? Because I thought it's probably one of their least popular singles. I expected 'Viva Forever' to be this round since it was the only big (in my view) one left, and then the next to be either 'Goodbye', 'Too Much', or possibly one of Melanie C's 2 #1s.

Unexpected plot twist on 2 entries + requiring an album track! ohmy.gif Maybe Gaga should've held onto 'Dance In The Dark', though I think she's one of the best suited in terms of well-known album tracks. But alternatively I'm ready to enjoy 'Jewels N' Drugs', 'Peacock' and 'Chillin' With You' ~

Yeah we definitely woulda held onto DITD if we'd have known, but the one we've gone with is still an absolute BANGER.

Think you'll be waiting a long time for Jewels N' Drugs tho heehee.gif

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jun 12 2019, 09:32 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Rush @ Jun 12 2019, 10:26 AM) *

Definitely a case of not realising at the start how many rounds AF Idol would last. kink.gif We probably would have sent Goodbye a lot earlier if so.

Bearing in mind that the upcoming two songs with album track round is a triple elimination, we thought that if we managed to scrape through with Goodbye in Round 8, then we'd need to save something more popular like Viva Forever to have any chance of making it through that. It wasn't meant to be cry.gif We would have sent Never Give Up on the Good Times as the album track. It was heavily rumoured in 1998 that Viva Forever/Never Give Up on The Good Times was meant to be a Double A Side release, so it would have been cute to send them together.

We probably could have taken a chance with Melanie C's two #1s earlier in the contest too. How they'd have done at this late stage I'm not sure. Cheryl bombing with Fight for This Love makes me wonder!

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jun 12 2019, 09:46 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Zara finishing in the top 10 tho. Who'd have thought?! She's done brilliantly!

+Quote Post
Rush
post Jun 12 2019, 10:00 AM
Post #12
wayback machine gif rescuer
Member No.: 18,564
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jun 12 2019, 07:32 PM) *
Definitely a case of not realising at the start how many rounds AF Idol would last. kink.gif We probably would have sent Goodbye a lot earlier if so.

Bearing in mind that the upcoming two songs with album track round is a triple elimination, we thought that if we managed to scrape through with Goodbye in Round 8, then we'd need to save something more popular like Viva Forever to have any chance of making it through that. It wasn't meant to be cry.gif We would have sent Never Give Up on the Good Times as the album track. It was heavily rumoured in 1998 that Viva Forever/Never Give Up on The Good Times was meant to be a Double A Side release, so it would have been cute to send them together.

We probably could have taken a chance with Melanie C's two #1s earlier in the contest too. How they'd have done at this late stage I'm not sure. Cheryl bombing with Fight for This Love makes me wonder!
Ah, I of course didn't know about the triple elimination yet, so that makes sense! Well done for getting an artist with such a small discography (well, for non-Rita/Dua/Zara standards) this far, anyway.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jun 12 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #13
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Goodbye is a beautiful song. Sexy No No No barely qualifies as music.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jun 12 2019, 06:36 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 12,472

Excited for this next round! Some strong singles could potentially be let down by lesser known album tracks.

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 12 2019, 06:40 PM
Post #15
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Zara did amazing! Symphony deserved better tho sad.gif

Just waiting for Girls Aloud atm, may get the round up a lil early if they submit soon x

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jun 12 2019, 09:43 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(UltraME! @ Jun 12 2019, 07:40 PM) *
Just waiting for Girls Aloud atm, may get the round up a lil early if they submit soon x

Oops sorry for the wait, Joseph and I have both been out this evening 🤭 PM coming your way! 😍

+Quote Post
danG
post Jun 12 2019, 10:10 PM
Post #17
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

While you're all waiting for Round 9 to go up come and vote in the Calvin Harris survivor. We're down to our final 3.

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=223036

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 PM