BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sex Education, Netflix, Series 4 21/09/23
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Jan 2 2019, 09:48 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,585

Interested in this for sure! Looks like a laugh.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Jan 15 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend

Is anyone watching this? Spot on with the humour laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jan 15 2019, 08:58 PM
Post #3
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

One of my friends is an extra in this so I've been watching since it premiered! Just finished episode 4 and it's off to a good start! All three of the main characters are really likeable and on the whole it's quite a relatable show even if it's glamorous and Americanised as anything.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Jan 16 2019, 01:12 AM
Post #4
laugh 'til we cry
Member No.: 21,176

Maeve wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 16 2019, 01:38 AM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Seen the first two episodes and this is great! Really funny but there's a lot more to it than just a "lol sex lol gross xxx" childish comedy so I'm invested in the actual stories and characters and relationships already. I'm really impressed compared to what I thought this would be *.*

Asa Butterfield is beautiful and Connor Swindells is hot af too <3 Maeve is brilliant and the actress is surely a future star!

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 16 2019, 04:27 AM
Post #6
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

I've been watching it too, up to episode 5 at the moment. Very idealised and with archetypal characters but most of them are still funny and relatable. Especially the main three, Otis's escapades all feel so familiar with some of my experiences of school (I wrote high school at first there which just shows how this show puts you in an American mindset despite being 'British'), Eric seems like the nicest kid with the worst luck in being liked, and Maeve is a brilliant presence whenever she's on the screen - funny, smart and super hot.

+Quote Post
post Jan 16 2019, 10:20 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I've seen the first 4 and I'm really enjoying it so far!

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jan 16 2019, 05:53 PM
Post #8
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

This was brilliant! heart.gif Many laugh out loud moments, and I felt invested in many of the characters very quickly.

Maeve wub.gif

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Jan 16 2019, 08:50 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

I finished this in like 2 days and I'm already sad I'll have to wait however long it is until S2. I'm IN LOVE with Eric, he's so sweet. Gillian Anderson is amazing like always and Eric and Adam hooking up in the final episode was kind of predictable but I loved it anyways. Gives me a bit of a Mickey/Ian from US Shameless feel. I loved that the atmosphere was so unclear with references to the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s in both character clothing and music. Been listening to "Love Really Hurts Without You" by Billy Ocean on repeat since it was featured on this haha.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jan 16 2019, 10:31 PM
Post #10
#TeamAnneMarie

just finished episode 7 and I'm so in adoration of all three main characters! All three are incredible actors who've really embodied their characters and! Having to resist watching the last episode now as I need to go to bed but I can't wait to watch the last one heart.gif

Also shout out to Aimee who is low key becoming one of my favourite characters, she's hilarious in every appearance she makes laugh.gif

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jan 17 2019, 06:45 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Klumzee @ Jan 16 2019, 10:31 PM) *
Also shout out to Aimee who is low key becoming one of my favourite characters, she's hilarious in every appearance she makes laugh.gif

Love Aimee laugh.gif

”I’ve been wanking all night, I ate four packets of crumpets and I think my clit might fall off” rotf.gif

(In response to Maeve being called a slag) “Yeah you’re right. But so am I” (triumphantly turns and walks off) / Maeve: “I’m not a slag” / Aimee: “Me neither, but it sounded good.” :’)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 17 2019, 08:24 PM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Finished this and I miss it so much already </3 It's one of those shows where you're invested in all of them, even the smaller characters like Ruby and Olivia and Lily who only really mattered to the story for an episode or two felt like it wouldn't have been the same without them.

Adam, Otis, Maeve and Eric were all incredible though, especially Maeve wub.gif She deserves everything, queen. I've got a real soft spot for the tortured troubled bully types like Adam (see Mickey in the US version of Shameless being by far the best character).

Also I found Lily funnier than Aimee, both icons though, her alien fanfic rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jan 17 2019, 11:10 PM
Post #13
#TeamAnneMarie

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 17 2019, 08:24 PM) *
Finished this and I miss it so much already </3 It's one of those shows where you're invested in all of them, even the smaller characters like Ruby and Olivia and Lily who only really mattered to the story for an episode or two felt like it wouldn't have been the same without them.

Adam, Otis, Maeve and Eric were all incredible though, especially Maeve wub.gif She deserves everything, queen. I've got a real soft spot for the tortured troubled bully types like Adam (see Mickey in the US version of Shameless being by far the best character).

Also I found Lily funnier than Aimee, both icons though, her alien fanfic rotf.gif

Lily is also a great one! Although she's a more obvious funny character imo - I love how she's so blunt about everything but not in a nasty way. Both the scenes she tries to have sex killed me laugh.gif

I sound like a right teenage fangirl but I'm shipping Otis and Maeve so hard laugh.gif I get the feeling it will happen and won't work out so idk if this stage is the best currently. But both actors play them so well and it seems like such a genuine teenage romance that it's feeling all too relatable. Also I wish Adam's storyline was played out a bit more - he had the odd moments of vulnerability and one-liners but I think they could've done so much more with him - his and Eric's moment should've happened way earlier in the season so we could see how the dynamics of that relationship worked out for longer.

Overall I'm so glad this series is in my life and it's become way more than I ever thought it would be to me. Can't wait for season two and I know that's going to be so long considering this has only been out for 6 days laugh.gif

Thoroughly recommend anyone to give this a watch if they're unsure!

+Quote Post
p a v
post Jan 18 2019, 08:39 AM
Post #14
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

I thought this was a movie oops

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 18 2019, 11:43 AM
Post #15
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

I've also finished and miss it bad. Great little short series. Got to be behind Lily as being the funniest, I started out thinking Aimee was pretty bad though I admit she made up a lot of ground in the last couple of episodes, ever since she started wanking basically. Lily's stories were hilarious, and that she actually went to the effort of making COSTUMES when trying to lose her virginity was crazy funny.

I'm super torn on whether I want Otis/Maeve or Otis/Ola. I mean in the end it's obviously telegraphed to be the former (unless they subvert that) but Ola's cute and self-confident and legit enough that I quite like her, so it'll be interesting watching that develop next season. Show doesn't have enough (developed) straight guys to pair off all of its straight girls with!11!!!! Literally only Otis and Jackson and the latter's a bit of a smarmy bast*rd. He reminds me very much of Hayato from Oregairu, this popular, outwardly lovely guy, whose character arc is basically him privately admitting to other characters that 'I can't stand having to be this perfect all the time'. Oh, I suppose there's Steve too but aside from being oddly mature what did he do? Also on that note, I agree with Klum that Adam/Eric should have happened earlier in the season, his stuff about not getting aroused by girls was dealt with in the first couple of episodes and for whatever reason that didn't immediately telegraph him as gay to me, so I only realised right as it was happening, and I'd have liked to see more Eric being happy over him endlessly suffering with the events that people keep throwing at him

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Feb 1 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend

SEASON 2 CONFIRMED cheer.gif

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Feb 3 2019, 11:11 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,179
   No Gallery Pics

Just got to the end of this today . Was a really good and funny watch . Hope Season 2 dosen’t take too long !

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Feb 4 2019, 03:52 AM
Post #18

Need Season 2 now

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Feb 24 2019, 11:01 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,155

Just finished this, I am in love with it ugh. I love all of the characters and I need series 2 NOW cry.gif

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Feb 25 2019, 01:48 AM
Post #20
laugh 'til we cry
Member No.: 21,176

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jan 18 2019, 11:43 AM) *
Also on that note, I agree with Klum that Adam/Eric should have happened earlier in the season, his stuff about not getting aroused by girls was dealt with in the first couple of episodes and for whatever reason that didn't immediately telegraph him as gay to me, so I only realised right as it was happening, and I'd have liked to see more Eric being happy over him endlessly suffering with the events that people keep throwing at him

I still don't see him as gay though, I think it was important that they dealt with his arousal issues early on because it offers the explanation that it was his mind that was preventing him rather than not being attracted to women. I think they're going down the route of him being bisexual which is so important, especially for a guy as I feel like men get the whole "you're just gay" thing far often than girls do so I'm hoping they do that justice and don't just fall into the easy trope of "oh he's gay now" which is what usually happens. I'm kinda dreading that storyline for that reason or he'll not be able to accept it, therefore cause Eric more pain and yet again depriving viewers of a happy storyarc for an LGBT character that they can identify with. The fact it's a Netflix show gives me the slightest bit more hope that they will be aware of the sort of implications handling this badly could have though.

also i'm in love with maeve

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:54 PM