BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AF Idol • A REFLECTION, Inc. FULL results.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jul 2 2019, 04:01 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

RESULTS:
1st: Britney Spears

Winning Entry:

2nd: Katy Perry

Runners-Up Entry:

3rd: Girls Aloud
04th: Little Mix
05th: Lady Gaga
06th: Kylie Minogue
07th: Dua Lipa
08th: Rita Ora
09th: Spice Girls
10th: Zara Larsson
---
11th: Calvin Harris
12th: Madonna
13th: P!nk
14th: Beyoncé & Destiny's Child
15th. Taylor Swift
16th. The Saturdays
17th. Billie Eilish
18th. Rihanna
19th. Paramore
20th. Ariana Grande
---
21st. One Direction
22nd. RuPaul
23rd. K-Pop
24th. Robbie Williams & Take That

That's IT. BRITNEY SPEARS has won the 1st ever AF Idol competition as we saw 'Toxic' fend off competition from Katy Perry and their song 'E.T.'. But the mid-noughties pop classic managed to out do and out poll the early 2010's classic. Both Britney & Katy managed to breeze through every round and none of them were ever in danger of being in the play-offs!

Here is a summary of their entries:

BRITNEY SPEARS:
Round 1: Womanizer =5th out of 24
Round 2: Work Bitch =3rd out of 22
Round 3: Till The World Ends 5th out of 20
Round 4: Everytime =1st out of 17
Round 5: Circus 7th out of 16
Round 6: (You Drive Me) Crazy 2nd out of 14
Round 7: Piece Of Me 3rd out of 12
Round 8: I'm A Slave 4 U 4th out of 10
Round 9: Stronger + Breathe On Me 3rd out of 08
Round 10: Gimme More 1st out of 05
QUARTER FINALS: Baby One More Time 1st out of 04
SEMI FINALS: Oops...! I Did It Again 1st out of 03
FINAL: Toxic 1st

~~~

KATY PERRY:
Round 1: Teenage Dream 3rd out of 24
Round 2: Chained To the Rhythm =3rd out of 22
Round 3: Waking Up In Vegas =13th out of 20
Round 4: Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) 3rd out of 17
Round 5: Wide Awake =4th out of 16
Round 6: The One That Got Away =5th out of 14
Round 7: I Kissed A Girl 4th out of 12
Round 8: Firework 3rd out of 10
Round 9: Never Really Over + Walking On Air 1st out of 08
Round 10: Roar 2nd out of 05
QUARTER FINALS: Hot N Cold 2nd out of 04
SEMI FINALS: Dark Horse 2nd out of 03
FINAL: E.T. 2nd

FINAL RESULTS: (72 votes):

1st. Britney Spears - Toxic - 45
2nd. Katy Perry - E.T. - 25
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 2 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #2

So happy Brit won. wub.gif

Just wanna say a HUGE thank you to everyone who took part in this and made it a big success right from the get go. It's been incredibly fun and really interesting to see the choices each forum moderators made for their forums and seeing how they'd either backfire or be incredibly smart choices etc... We only had to use the random generator TWICE (both of which backfired - soz Rob/Take That; R.I.P. Ari forum </3) but other than that some very risky choices early on that only just paid off for forums like Kylie, Madge & Gaga!

Some issues towards the end that really opened our eyes as to how easily manipulated everything could have been and we will DEFINITELY be looking into more suitable types of voting procedures in the future. It was only ever designed to be a fun, little game for the AF's and their communities, not BJSC-style seriousness level. laugh.gif

But we powered through. Thank you to every one who voted. Thank you to the moderators for utilising their forums amazingly, I think for the first time in a long, long time there was one or two weeks where EVERY forum involved did over 20 posts in that week or something!

Most of all, thank you to Sam (UltraME!) for thinking of this game. It really brought the forum together and ended up being a massive success. Thank you <3

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jul 2 2019, 04:27 PM
Post #3
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Yes it’s been really fun - great idea Sam wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jul 2 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

This has been one of the best games I've taken part in on the forum. It's been really exciting throughout and has been both a fun bit of competition and a celebration of the incredible music of our AFs.

I'd be interested in seeing this return some time next year, perhaps where you're not allowed to use the same songs again. That could throw in some surprises!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jul 2 2019, 04:50 PM
Post #5
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

queens

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 2 2019, 04:52 PM
Post #6
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

It has seriously been a long time since a new idea has captivated so much of the forum including those (like myself) that don't venture into them much and bring such a community spirit to the AFs, this really was exactly what was needed to revitalise this part of the forum and as a member of mgmt, I can't express my gratitude enough. It's been excellently ran and great fun, bravo all round *.*

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Jul 2 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #7
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Britney!! What a brilliant winner wub.gif

Thanks so much guys for hosting this, I can only echo the positive thoughts of the others. So much fun!!

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jul 2 2019, 05:15 PM
Post #8
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks for doing this, obviously my taste doesn't align perfectly with those from the AFs but I always found enough songs to vote for and it's been great to see so many people get involved with this.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 2 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Medellíam @ Jul 2 2019, 05:42 PM) *
This has been one of the best games I've taken part in on the forum. It's been really exciting throughout and has been both a fun bit of competition and a celebration of the incredible music of our AFs.

I'd be interested in seeing this return some time next year, perhaps where you're not allowed to use the same songs again. That could throw in some surprises!
And with the extra forums that we've added/probably likely to add by that point. Very interesting and exciting to think about. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jul 2 2019, 05:28 PM
Post #10
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

it would be interesting to see if the ones on top can stay there and the ones who were eliminated early would get some redemption (if they last that long, that is)

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Jul 2 2019, 05:42 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 12,472

The forums that left early on may still have their big hitters left (like Madonna has) but they'd still need to find songs to use early on before getting to the later rounds. The likes of Britney may have used a lot of their big songs but still have plenty of decent sized hits that could see them through the rounds. Very interesting!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 2 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #12
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

'Toxic' is an excellent winner wub.gif the only song I like more from all of the AFs involved is 'Viva Forever' by the Spice Girls. Echoing all of the praise for this idea as it's been a roaring success. I'd definitely look forward to a second edition next year now I can actually help out with Ariana laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Jul 2 2019, 05:50 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,666

Thanks to the hosts and I echo what everyone says that this has been an amazing game wub.gif

Looking forward to what the next game theme will be etc etc

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 2 2019, 05:59 PM
Post #14
Member No.: 13,007

Well done Britney cheer.gif

Amazing idea this was Sam - would be amazing to see it brought back with a pumped up, upgraded 2.0 edition too! Exciting times ahead for the AF Hub biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jul 2 2019, 06:14 PM
Post #15
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Massive thanks to Sam, one of the best ideas I’ve seen on the board and it showed with the great response it recieved!

The end destination was probably inevitable but some interesting twists and turns on the path that led us there! Would have been good to see how Ariana would have actually done.

Also still find it funny that Zara went through all those rounds and got knocked out with Symphony!!

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jul 2 2019, 07:08 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

Woulda been interesting to see if Gaga would have got to the final if it wasn't for the Little Mix alias accounts!

But yeah, echoing what everybody else is saying in regards to how much fun this has been. A huge thank you to everybody for hosting it!

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Jul 2 2019, 07:47 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Very pleased with that winner and this contest has really reminded what a stellar discography she has.

A big thank you to everyone involved in this project, especially the AF Inner Circle! Very well presented & carried throughout its duration. Has been a really fun contest to observe & partake in.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jul 2 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #18
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Member No.: 3,217

cheer.gif yaas Britney! Thanks to everyone who got involved in this contest wub.gif

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 2 2019, 06:44 PM) *
'Toxic' is an excellent winner wub.gif the only song I like more from all of the AFs involved is 'Viva Forever' by the Spice Girls.

I'm cry.gif that Spice Girls didn't go far enough to use Viva Forever! Maybe Maz & I should have gone with that over Goodbye and possibly lasted one more round. Although if we'd done that, it probably would have been RIP to Girls Aloud at that stage. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 2 2019, 08:17 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Jαsє @ Jul 2 2019, 08:08 PM) *
Woulda been interesting to see if Gaga would have got to the final if it wasn't for the Little Mix alias accounts!

But yeah, echoing what everybody else is saying in regards to how much fun this has been. A huge thank you to everybody for hosting it!
The alias accounts were made on the same day of the Quarter Finals (the round after). So it wouldn't have been them. Gaga was losing (by some distance) from very early stages, she overtook and LM re-overtook and led all the way til the end, after both forums had done their best to entice people to vote.

---

Yeahhhh very exciting things in the future to look forward to here in the AF Hub. If y'all have any ideas, and even host your own, let one of us Inner Circle mods know and we will come together and let y'all know when it could be possible biggrin.gif

Don't feel like you have to be AF IC mod to run AF contests and games etc.. Bring the idea to us and we will help you launch it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Jul 2 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,666

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jul 2 2019, 10:12 PM) *
cheer.gif yaas Britney! Thanks to everyone who got involved in this contest wub.gif
I'm cry.gif that Spice Girls didn't go far enough to use Viva Forever! Maybe Maz & I should have gone with that over Goodbye and possibly lasted one more round. Although if we'd done that, it probably would have been RIP to Girls Aloud at that stage. ohmy.gif

Were solo's from SG eligible ala DC/Beyonce?!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:31 AM