BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AF Idol • A REFLECTION, Inc. FULL results.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jul 2 2019, 08:19 PM
Post #21
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jul 2 2019, 09:12 PM) *
cheer.gif yaas Britney! Thanks to everyone who got involved in this contest wub.gif
I'm cry.gif that Spice Girls didn't go far enough to use Viva Forever! Maybe Maz & I should have gone with that over Goodbye and possibly lasted one more round. Although if we'd done that, it probably would have been RIP to Girls Aloud at that stage. ohmy.gif
You were so adamant on having that VF/NGUOTGT round!!! Boooooo. Shoulda used some solos kink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jul 2 2019, 08:55 PM
Post #22
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

new forum AFSC showcase when

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Jul 2 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,155

Give us new forum afsc

+Quote Post
Rush
post Jul 3 2019, 03:21 AM
Post #24
wayback machine gif rescuer
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,564
   No Gallery Pics

Indeed this was a wonderful idea and brought participation levels I've hardly ever seen on this site, thanks to the AF mods for running it!

A future sequel with none of the same songs allowed would probably create some very different results! I imagine it would work well for Rihanna, Ariana and Taylor, while Rita and Dua would be gone almost instantly... unless they put out some huge new singles in the time before it happens, of course. I'd also thought it would be interesting to see the format used on other artists, such as ones with discarded AFs (eg Sugababes) if their mods are still around, or any other artists that someone could volunteer to represent, but that would obviously be without the whole 'promoting the AFs' aspect.

-

My choice to rank the songs each round meant I got to track my own votes in a spreadsheet, so I'm posting that here regardless of it being of interest to only me kink.gif I certainly didn't expect Girls Aloud to become my best voting rate, as I've always been much less familiar with their music than practically all the other artists, given I only started following the UK charts right around the time of their last disbanding, and even then, for some reason, was unimpressed when I first listened to their singles back then. Every game I play involving them further convinces me how wrong I was. (Ironically the one Girls Aloud Cheryl song that missed my vote is the only one I did know at the time.) I wish Gaga had stuck around to the end so I could've continued my top 3 ('Bad Romance' and 'Poker Face') or literal bottom ('Shallow' lol) streak :')

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jul 3 2019, 11:58 AM
Post #25
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I think the only time I voted for Britney was the final

+Quote Post
brokenrecords
post Jul 4 2019, 02:09 AM
Post #26
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 21,059
   No Gallery Pics

So happy that Britney won this! Super deserved given how strong her singles discography is (even beyond the picks of this game, I'd be interested to have seen what I Wanna Go/Make Me.../Slumber Party would have been able to do! hopefully they'll be part of the next round *.*).

Thank you to Ultra for coming up with this (and running it during exams!), and thanks to Jonjo and the other AF mods who helped out with the game, some mostly fantastic choices that made for a really exciting competition! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Juan Carlos
post Jul 6 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,211
   No Gallery Pics

"Toxic" was the only right choice to win this to be honest. Don't get me wrong because "E.T." was also a good choice (I personally prefer the single version featuring Kanye West over the album version), but it can't be compared with Britney's song though.

Anyway, I would like to co-sign that this was a great idea, so thanks Sam and the rest of the AF Inner Circle members who helped running this.

This post has been edited by Juan Carlos: Jul 6 2019, 10:12 PM

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jul 28 2019, 10:39 PM
Post #28
#VoteGarden.Keh
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

Be interesting to see how this could go in a years time with the new forums and possibly more twists throughout such as bringing an AF back via a vote or something similar possibly

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Oct 26 2019, 12:43 AM
Post #29
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Just dawned on me now as it popped up on my Spotify - I don't think it was ever suggested for Paramore to send 'Airplanes' by B.o.B and Hayley Williams! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:37 AM