BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> EastEnders // 2017 Character Rate: The Results, Winner revealed on page 4
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Botchia
post 11th February 2018, 02:57 PM
Post #21
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

60. Gethin Pryce (3.50)
Run: X-X-X-60-
Dull Gethin Pryce, who was initially introduced as Bex's teacher and later moved on to the Square failed to make an impression with us. Gethin started off okay as a background character, but he was clearly brought in as a plot device for the weird love triangle with Bex and Sonia. Thankfully a new exec producer later, the plot was quickly dropped and wrapped up, and Gethin hasn't been seen back in Walford since.

59. Whitney Carter (3.60)
Run: 16-15-37-59-
A former resident of the top 20 in previous rates, Whitney continues her fast descent in viewers' estimations. Finishing just a few places above fellow cheater, Mick, it's not surprising to see Whitney drop so low. She's been pretty awful this year, making Lee's life hell before he left, trying to get with his dad and then quickly shacking up with Woody.
It's a shame Linda 'forgave' her so easily and Shirley really did us all a favour by kicking her out of the Vic. She's is probably also the only person to have a bus dropped on her and be well enough to go to Wakefield a day later.

58. Amy Mitchell (3.60)
Run: X-X-88-58-
A big rise for future Mitchell icon, Amy. We've seen a bit more of Amy this past year, with the passing of Auntie Ronnie & "Amy's Mum". She's just about the only good thing to result from Jack tbh.

57. Luke Browning (3.75)
Run: X-X-X-57-
James Willmott-Brown's eldest son was introduced as a regular character in Autumn and quickly dominated the show...and Ben Mitchell. Personally, I thought Luke was a very interesting character and probably one of the most interesting villain's to appear on the show for some time. He's certainly a lot better than a pantomime villain like Derek Branning. Phil arranged for Aidan to have him taken away somewhere and his whereabouts still remain unexplained after all this time!

56. Dennis Rickman Jr. (4.05)
Run: X-X-99-56-
A huge jump for Denny, which is a reflection of both the fact he's much less annoying with the current actor and isn't a huge brat anymore. Dennis played a key part in the Michelle / Preston storyline, helping to expose her and even blackmail her to keep quiet. Other than that, it's been fairly low key for him.

55. Emerald Fox (4.05)
Run: X-X-X-55-
Denise and Kim's mum made her first appearance this year, at last! She didn't stick around for long, but proved a useful component in resolving the issues between Denise and Kim at the time. Only to then turn around a reveal Denise and Kim aren't really sisters?!?! It's a bit of an awful move on the part of the show, especially as Emerald made a swift exit after this bombshell. I expect we could see her pop up again in the future.

54. Travis Law-Hughes (4.10)
Run: X-X-X-54-
Another member of the young group that EastEnders formed last year, and eventually got paired up with Louise. Even if he felt like more of a natural fit with Bex. He was only ever really a supporting character, and we didn't learn much about Travis during his time on the show. Louise eventually broke up with him for being too protective following the candle incident with the bullies, and we haven't seen him since.

53. Woody Woodward (4.60)
Run: X-X-X-53-
A surprising addition to the show, in the form of Lee Ryan from Blue. I think I speak for everyone when I say expectations were very low for his arrival on the show. In the end,
he wasn't THAT bad. He certainly worked a lot better in his first stint without Mick & Linda. In his second stint, engaged to Whitney, things went a little South and he just became another Whitney involved cliche. He eventually left to go abroad and ditched Whitney with just a small handwritten message to let her know. Apparently he's due to return this year, but I'd rather he didn't.

52. Lily Fowler (4.80)
Run: X-X-85-52-
Lily has really come into her own this past year, becoming much more outspoken and involved on screen. She has become the queen of hating everything and making up lies about Stacey battering Arthur. She's another one who could be a future star of the show and one to watch!

51. William Mitchell (5.00)
Run: X-X-X-51-
Another kid drops out, this time it's one of Billy & Honey's two children. He's the lowest member of his immediate family to drop out, despite having more screen time than Janet. We haven't seen much from him, apart from that weird storyline with Denny over Billy's promotion and move into the funeral parlour. It was quickly resolved and he has been back in the background ever since.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 25th March 2018, 12:13 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

Are we getting any more of this soon? I want to see Abi slay one last time cry.gif

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 25th March 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #23
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Whitney flopping

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 25th March 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #24
Group icon
I Drink Wine

oops, I'll carry on shortly x

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 25th March 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #25
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

Hahahahaha

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th March 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Screaming at Whitney being beaten by the likes of Denny and William rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 26th March 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #27
Group icon
I Drink Wine

Four key characters from the Max and Willmott-Brown storyline fall out and miss out on a place in the top 40!

50. Josh Hemmings (5.15)
Run: X-X-X-50-
The youngest of James Wilmott-Brown's children and a love interest of Lauren, Josh falls out in 50th place. He was originally introduced as a random City worker who Lauren decided to have a thing for as she became bored of Steven. Before long, we learnt he was Max's boss and was somehow connected to another mysterious newcomer, Fi. Eventually it was revealed that him and Fi were both children of Willmott-Brown. Unlike the rest of his family, Josh wasn't particularly involved in the big scheme to bring down Walford and often felt quite separate from his siblings. He also lasted the longest of the family, sticking around following their demise to be with Lauren. Sadly, he fell to the curse of Lauren's boredom and she hobbled away from him into the sunset alone as he left for Glasgow alone for a new job.

49. Charlie Cotton (5.30)
Run: X-X-19-49-
A big drop for Dot's grandson, Charlie, perhaps as he only made a few small appearances this year. Charlie originally made a shock reappearance following Jack's struggle to cope with looking after all three of "his" kids. Of course, Matthew was Ronnie & Charlie's son not Jack's so he rightfully came back to get his son. Only it turned out this was a ploy by Max to bring Jack down for revenge. After leaving with Matthew and not keeping in contact, he made a random reappearance later in the year to expose Max's scheming helping to lead to his big Christmas downfall. And he disappeared once again as quickly as he came back.

48. Steven Beale (5.35)
Run: X-X-X-48-
Love rival of Josh for Lauren's affections also drops out in this section. Steven had a pretty huge year on the show, being the forefront for much of the year until his untimely death in Autumn. We saw Steven become increasingly deranged and obsessed with Lauren as he stalked her and did a lot of generally creepy things. This culminated in him lying that he had a brain tumour. Unfortunately Max found out and used this to his advantage, getting revenge on Lauren and a hold over Steven. Eventually Steven was blackmailed by Max to do various awful things including causing an unknown family to die in a fire. Steven also began an affair with Abi while all this was going on, eventually getting her pregnant. His actions caught up with him in his final showdown with Jane, as Max turned him against her. After attempting to kill Jane to conceal his secrets, it backfired as a hard shove from Max caused internal injuries and he died in Abi's arms after realising he should have been with Abi rather than Lauren.

47. Aunt Sal (5.60)
Run: X-23-45-47-
Sour mouthed Aunt Sal made her usual random appearances in 2017. She reappeared for the Ronnie & Jack's wedding and then for the aftermath of Ronnie & Roxy's death. She notably predicted Roxy's potential death with her tarot cards just a few days earlier and also gave Glenda a good public dressing down at the awful way she treated her daughters. Aunt Sal hasn't been seen since but she will no doubt pop up again for the next big Mitchell event.

46. Lee Carter (5.60)
Run: X-X-43-46-
The eldest of Mick & Linda's kids had a pretty turbulent start to 2017, eventually resulting in his departure from the show. Having started the year with Mick despicably commenting that perhaps Lee should have gone through with committing suicide (which we saw during Christmas week in 2016), Whitney generally being an absolutely awful wife and friend to him and generally having to put up with absolute shet, Lee turned a corner by getting out of that toxic environment. He moved away to Dover to live with Moose where a new security job awaited him, leaving Whitney to get it on with 'real man' Mick while Linda was away.

45. Max Branning (5.60)
Run: 27-29-44-45-
Max was centre stage through most of 2017. He started the year as a seemingly reformed character, with his hyped return potentially being a bit damp as nothing really happened. However, following the bus crash where he was the hero of the moment, we saw he was up to something sinister with the mysterious "Chairman". Max spent most of the year plotting revenge with the Wilmott-Browns on just about everyone. He even managed to get revenge on Carmel despite her not being involved in the Lucy storyline. Of course it all culminated in that incredible Christmas Day episode when a broken Max threatened to commit suicide by jumping off The Vic, only for it to backfire and result in Lauren and Abi following off and Abi eventually dying from her injuries. After some pretty drab moments throughout the storyline, it was a fantastic episode which involved the return of Tanya and the old Max & Stacey partnership back in action.

44. Sylvie Carter (5.70)
Run: X-X-51-44-
Potty mouth Sylvie didn't last very long into 2017. After being cared for full-time by Tina (mostly) and Shirley (less so), she met a particularly nasty end after some very touching scenes with Tina. She was sadly electrocuted to death in the bath, highlighting the dangers of trying to care for ill relatives when you are ill equipped to do so. Sylvie was an incredible character and portrayed a very real group of people in society who suffer from an increasingly common mental illness. Not only was she an important character for those reasons, her one liners were pretty hilarious and iconic. But everyone has an end and I think Sylvie probably left the show at the right moment for her.

43. Yolande Trueman (5.75)
Run: X-X-X-43-
Noughties icon, Yolande, made a very low key and random guest appearance in 2017. She originally appeared for an episode at Minute Mart head office to try and help Denise from having to be dismissed from the company. Yolande's efforts didn't go down very well and Denise eventually quit after refusing to apologise for her behaviour and public slandering of the shop. Yolande made another return later in the year to inform Derek he had to be sacked from the shop due to his conviction. And that was a major storyline, got it was dry last year at times!!! After briefly exciting Patrick by her reappearance she quickly left again and I doubt we will see her again for some time!

42. Billy Mitchell (5.80)
Run: 45-49-63-42-
The runt of the Mitchells, Billy, actually reaches his highest ever position on an EastEnders countdown! I think that's more to the fact of how awful last year was than him necessarily being an improvement. Billy experienced far more fortunate times in 2017 compared with preceding years as he became the manager of Coker & Sons. Billy being Billy screwed it all up eventually, after Janet was knocked down by Tina, he decided to sleep with her and cheat on Honey. Of course, this remain unknown for 2017 and exploded in 2018 as Honey kicked him out in an iconic performance from her. It was a double whammy as his 2017 came to an abrupt end following his involvement with Aidan leading to some grave robbing and a subsequent sacking from Coker & Sons.

41. Lauren Branning (5.80)
Run: 18-33-14-41-
Just missing out on the top 40 is the inferior Branning sister, Lauren. It's another character who's had a bit of a fall from grace since the last completed (ahem Lindsey) countdown. After a top 15 peak last time, probably owing to her having been a huge character in the Who Killed Lucy storyline and generally not being a complete twat, she had a much worse fortune this time. Lauren spent most of the year jumping between Josh and Steven, eventually being guilt tripped into staying with Steven due to his brain tumour lie. Of course Steven's lies and cheating with Abi came to a head in a showdown with Abi which led to some home truths being thrown back and forth. She also quite despicably joined everyone else in not attending Steven's funeral and generally spitting on his memory (I know he wasn't a saint but she was pretty awful to him at times). Lauren also spent much of Autumn falling out with Max, of course leading to the falling of the roof moment. I think most of us are agreed, and this score shows, they killed off the wrong Branning sister :/

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 27th March 2018, 08:56 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

So glad Lauren fell out of the top 40, she really was shit last year. I definitely feel they killed the wrong sister, Abi still had a lot of mileage whereas Lauren was spent, moving on to the next man she suddenly gets bored of and ignoring her son.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 2nd April 2018, 09:22 PM
Post #29
Group icon
I Drink Wine

40. Ingrid Solberg (5.90)
Run: X-X-X-40-

09 - Cameron
01 - Maz

Ingrid is Jack's new au pair who comes to the rescue with looking after the kids during his struggle following Ronnie's death. She's had a mostly low key time on the show, having spent most of the time on screen as a supporting character. She initially looked like a plot device as she grew close to Jack, with the pair eventually kissing. She quickly broke it off and agreed to stay, forgetting it had happened (and thankfully so has the show). Ingrid was then paired up with Keanu and remained fairly off screen for the remaining portion of 2017. It's surprising to see Ingrid as high as 40 given she's not a massively developed character.

39. Keegan Baker (6.10)
Run: X-X-X-39-

10 - HausofTroye
04 - T Boy

The first member of the Taylor family to appear on the show, Keegan, has managed a top 40 place on the countdown with the other three prominent Taylor family members still to come. Keegan was a truly loathsome character when he was introduced in 2017, having initially been introduced as a random school bully who started hanging around with Shakil and annoying just about everyone on the Square. In particular, he had a feud with Denise (which escalated quite considerably) and Louise (which we later discovered was because he secretly loved her). Keegan was given some backstory and support when the Taylor family arrived in Summer. It was clear why he acted the way he did after seeing his treatment in the family circle and he became generally more likeable having been placed in a family unit. There's still a long way to go with Keegan but he's certainly not close to a 10 at this stage (ahem Bal...)

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 2nd April 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #30
Group icon
I Drink Wine

38. Glenda Mitchell
Run: X-X-X-38-

10 - T Boy, Botchia
01 - Lindsey

Super bitch Glenda made a comeback for Ronnie & Roxy's final scenes in early 2017, sticking around for the death aftermath and to show her support for Jack and to get to know her kids. Jack was initially wary of Glenda following some questionable behaviour from Danny to try and get some money out of him. However, she threw Danny out and stayed in her grandchildren's lives. Eventually things went sour (as always) and she decided to leave, though noting that the kids are always welcome to visit her. Glenda is such a great character and it's a real shame they waited until Ronnie & Roxy's death for her to stick around a bit following her brief return in 2016. Of course, it's unlikely we'll see Glenda again now which is such a waste!

37. Vincent Hubbard
Run: X-X-X-37-

10 - Lindsey
02 - Maz

The worse half of the Fox-Hubbard couple expectedly drops out first. Vincent was initially introduced as a shady, gangster type character. However, in 2017 was reduced to a support actor for Kim (not complaining in that sense) but also a complete shadow of the Vincent that started on the show. He was finally given something to do in Autumn last year, having been roped into the Heist storyline and Aidan's big plan (that of course remained concealed from viewers until New Years). News has come recently that Vincent will be leaving the show soon, and I can't say I'm surprised. He's been treading water as a background character for some time now!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 4th April 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #31
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Why is Jack so unliked?

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 4th April 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(Mack. @ Apr 4 2018, 10:35 PM) *
Why is Jack so unliked?

For me last year it was how shabbily he treated Roxy in death.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 4th April 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #33
Group icon
I Drink Wine

Jack has always been pretty unlikeable, imo. But his treatment of Roxy last year was pretty diabolical

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 5th April 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #34
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Oh I see, it shows how much I watch EastEnders.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 25th April 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #35
Group icon
I Drink Wine

Right I'm actually going to finish this in the next week, I promise lmao. You'll just have to put up with slightly reduced commentary x

36. Tina Carter (6.55)
Run: X-X-22-36-

10 - Lindsey
02 - Maz

Everyone's favourite part-time lesbian who refuses to grow up has taken a little drop in this year's rate. Perhaps she's fallen out of favour after crossing forum favourite, Honey and running another forum favourite, Janet. And somehow, despite being a proven lesbian they seem to have her sleep with men every so often? Cue Lindsey ranting about how EE seem unable to portray a lesbian properly (which is true tbf). However, Tina was fantastic during the Sylvie storyline in the first part of 2017 and really showed a better side to her character!

35. Ian Beale (6.70)
Run: 19-30-31-34-

09 - Maz
05 - Cameron, lewistgreen

Everyone's favourite Weasel continues his steady decline in our opinions. Ian actually had a relatively low key 2017, with his major storyline being a gripping weight loss regime and cheating by adding fake steps to his fitbit. Things got worse for Ian later in the year as he lost Steven in the restaurant fire, which also left Jane in a coma. Once Jane finally woke up, she was scared off by Max. And with that, Ian lost yet another wife. His rivalry with Max Branning intensified over Christmas - coming to a head with the iconically awful strangle scene :')

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 25th April 2018, 08:56 PM
Post #36
Group icon
I Drink Wine

34. Shakil Kazemi (6.70)
Run: X-X-X-34-

10 - HausofTroye, Maz
03 - Cameron

Haus is proving himself to be a serial lover of the youth as he also proves his stanning colours for Shakil in addition to Keegan. Shakil is best remembered for lusting after an uninterested Bex for much of the year and being Keegan's gormless sidekick. Not only that, he was also a component in the cringe Big for Your Boots scene. Poor Shakil is also the first member of the Kazemi family to drop out, however, makes a decent top 40 finish!

33. Bernadette Taylor (6.80)
Run: X-X-X-33-

09 - Joseph
03 - Botchia

Bernadette gets the accolade of being the third highest member of the Taylors to appear on the countdown. Bernadette's first few months on the show were categorised by her secret pregnancy and subsequent loss of her baby. Aside from these moving scenes, she has been a pretty awful character and looks like she should be Karen's sister not daughter. I did love that twist when Karen thought Keanu had father Bernadette's baby. So EastEnders! :') Luckily it wasn't true!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 25th April 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #37
Group icon
I Drink Wine

32. Louise Mitchell (6.80)
Run: X-X-X-32-

10 - lewistgreen
03 - T Boy, Botchia

Serial bully, Louise finds herself the less popular of the two Mitchell kids on the forum. Whilst Louise can be fine as a character a lot of the time, she is incredibly inconsistent. She goes from being a tough bully to poor me, I don't know what's going on. The writers have been incredibly inconsistent with her character. The best thing that happened to her was when she finally sided with Bex and this later leading to Lisa's return and the INCREDIBLE hotel room scenes.

31. Fi Browning (6.80)
Run: X-X-X-31-

09 - T Boy, Lindsey
03 - Joseph

An important component of the big Wilmott-Brown storyline, Fi finishes in a respectable position but just misses out on top 30. Fi always felt like a character with a lot more to give on the show. She was initially quite annoying, but once they delved into her character and she turned against her dad she became a great asset to the show! Her public dumping of Max was quite iconic too. I love that she came good in the end and was definitely one of the better parts of that revenge storyline.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 25th April 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #38
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Fi was an icon

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 17th May 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #39
Group icon
I Drink Wine

I just doubt I'll be able to properly countdown so I'll whizz through 30-11 in this one big post and have a proper countdown for the top 10, how's that x

30. Ben Mitchell (6.85)
Run: 54-59-77-30-

29. Janet Mitchell (6.90)
Run: X-X-76-29-

28. Rebecca Fowler (7.00)
Run: X-X-79-28-

27. Lisa Fowler (7.00)
Run: X-X-X-27-

26. Cora Cross (7.35)
Run: X-X-32-26-

25. Babe Smith (7.50)
Run: X-X-26-25-

24. Kathy Beale (7.50)
Run: X-X-X-24-

23. Phil Mitchell (7.60)
Run: 33-26-25-23-

22. Linda Carter (7.70)
Run: X-X-02-22-

21. Patrick Trueman (7.70)
Run: 25-27-24-21-

20. Kim Fox-Hubbard (7.70)
Run: X-X-05-20-

19. Jane Beale (7.75)
Run: 02-10-34-19-

18. Kush Kazemi (7.90)
Run: X-X-58-18-

17. Carmel Kazemi (7.90)
Run: X-X-X-17-

16. Michelle Fowler (7.90)
Run: X-X-X-16-

15. Dot Branning (7.95)
Run: 06-14-12-15-

14. Martin Fowler (8.20)
Run: X-X-75-14-

13. Jay Mitchell (8.20)
Run: 30-46-42-13-

12. Donna Yates
Run: X-X-74-12-

11. Pam Coker
Run: X-X-33-11-

Which means the top 10 will include:

Abi Branning
Shirley Carter
Denise Fox
Sonia Fowler
Stacey Fowler
Honey Mitchell
Sharon Mitchell
Karen Taylor
Keanu Taylor
Tracey

Will Abi claim victory for one last moment of glory ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 17th May 2018, 09:52 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585

Tracey or Abi to win. What a Top 10 though!

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:21 AM