BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
26 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Cheryl • A Million Lights, 3rd album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post Jul 23 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I can't say this prospect hugely excites me, 3 Words had three decent songs (Fight For This Love, Rain On Me, Stand Up) and Messy Little Raindrops had one (Yeah Yeah).

For such a high profile star, she sure gets loads of awful songs that sound like cheap handed down demos that nobody wanted. I do hope they finally correct this for the third album...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post Jul 23 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,286
3 Words was pretty solid, but I have to agree with MLR. I've never really connected to it very well. I've probably actually played Insatiable more since the dust settled so to speak. How The FLood got a release ahead of Yeah Yeah will forever puzzle me!

+Quote this post
Jimmie
post Jul 25 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I just can't date a Gurl with a vag.
User: 8,741
I actually preferred MLR I must be one of the only ones then. I thought it was far more consistant and showed some great development in Cheryl's vocals (Haters don't even bother responding to that point sleep.gif) Happy Tears was amazing and should have seen a release.

This post has been edited by Jimmie: Jul 25 2011, 01:49 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jul 25 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
MLR is deffo better, the only song I really dislike is Live Tonight, whereas on 3 Words Heaven and Make Me Cry were both awful. Plus MLR has the amazingness of Promise This, The Flood, Waiting, Yeah Yeah and Happy Tears, do that wins tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Jul 25 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
'Messy Little Raindrops' was pretty crap, if I'm being honest. There were about four good songs on it, and I was majorly disappointed at the lack of direction for it. '3 Words' is pretty consistent throughout, with many more highlights.

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post Jul 25 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Matt Aloud @ Mar 19 2011, 07:46 PM) *
Maybe a deluxe MLR with 8 new tracks ala Fame Monster maybe, with a smiliar thing for the US of A depending on the X Factor.

Be the first one I won't be behind the counter to sell cry.gif drama.gif

Well let's erase the past 4 months laugh.gif I left Bauer Media's Cash For Kids (great experience, just didn't work out for me, still love the charity though), and have returned to hmv cheer.gif Bring on Cheryl #3 and Nicola biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jul 25 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
The problem with both albums is how they were clearly rushed. "3 Words" moreso, whilst "Messy Little Raindrops" seems like other peoples leftovers.

+Quote this post
Jimmie
post Jul 25 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #28
Group icon
QUOTE(Matt Aloud @ Jul 25 2011, 09:30 PM) *
Well let's erase the past 4 months laugh.gif I left Bauer Media's Cash For Kids (great experience, just didn't work out for me, still love the charity though), and have returned to hmv cheer.gif Bring on Cheryl #3 and Nicola biggrin.gif

Congratulations on your Job happy.gif I think I would be loony with the releases and suggest to people on the till, "Oh Cheryl has an album out, buy it" etc accompanied with a dashing smile of course laugh.gif

QUOTE(dannjohn3 @ Jul 25 2011, 09:34 PM) *
The problem with both albums is how they were clearly rushed. "3 Words" moreso, whilst "Messy Little Raindrops" seems like other peoples leftovers.

I don't see them as rushed just some tracks are quite poor in quality. In that case I seem to love other peoples leftovers sad.gif

This post has been edited by Jimmie: Jul 25 2011, 10:44 PM

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jul 27 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(dannjohn3 @ Jul 25 2011, 09:34 PM) *

EXACTLY! I'm so glad someone finally agrees. The majority of them sound so cheap and rush produced, and like other people's leftover demos slightly polished up.

+Quote this post
Slick
post Jul 27 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #30
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Jul 27 2011, 10:34 PM) *
EXACTLY! I'm so glad someone finally agrees. The majority of them sound so cheap and rush produced, and like other people's leftover demos slightly polished up.

For once I agree with you Mr Negativity. Both albums reek of laziness and Cheryl just singing over somebody's reject demo - especially her second album. Having said that, there are at least five songs on each album I really like, but she is capable of far better (and if she isn't, the team behind her certainly are.)

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Jul 29 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Jul 27 2011, 10:34 PM) *

I feel both albums were recorded in like June, and finished by August. The second album is deffo leftovers.

+Quote this post
hofverberg
post Aug 6 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #32
Group icon
New Entry
User: 12,120
3 Words was by no means a great album, but was well produced had great singles. Some fillers, but the fillers weren't bad per se.

Messy Little Raindrops on the other hand was a lazy follow up with approx only one very good song (Promise This). Rest sounded like demos, leftovers or were just bland. I connected with some songs (Promise This, The Flood, Yeah Yeah Yeah, Raindrops, Hummingbird) but all the songs except the first two mentioned I can't listen to anymore because they're so outdated already.

I love Cheryl, but her solo albums have been pretty much under expectations! So hopefully the third one will make her credible once again (if she even can become credible again)

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post Aug 7 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jimmie @ Jul 25 2011, 11:44 PM) *
Congratulations on your Job happy.gif I think I would be loony with the releases and suggest to people on the till, "Oh Cheryl has an album out, buy it" etc accompanied with a dashing smile of course laugh.gif
I don't see them as rushed just some tracks are quite poor in quality. In that case I seem to love other peoples leftovers sad.gif

Thank you! happy.gif A dashing smile laugh.gif Shall have to whip out my Girls Aloud lanyard again kink.gif

+Quote this post
Jimmie
post Aug 14 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #34
Group icon
QUOTE(Matt Aloud @ Aug 7 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Thank you! happy.gif A dashing smile laugh.gif Shall have to whip out my Girls Aloud lanyard again kink.gif

You have a Girls Aloud one?! Where does one acquire one of these? Or does MHV distribute them to staff?

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post Aug 14 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Jimmie @ Aug 14 2011, 09:54 PM) *
You have a Girls Aloud one?! Where does one acquire one of these? Or does MHV distribute them to staff?

It's the one's from the tours. I had the OOC one on for the Messy Little Raindrops release laugh.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Aug 18 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Cheryl Cole is set to collaborate with French producer David Guetta as her manager will.i.am attempts to make her a huge star in the US.

Cheryl Cole is set to collaborate with David Guetta.

The British singer wants to become a star in the US so her manager, Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am, has arranged for her to work with the French super producer on new material.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Cheryl will be a top solo star in the US is will.i.am has anything to do with it. The man is so well connected and he sleeps, breathes and eats music.

"He has a studio at home in which he is trying out new sounds for Cheryl. He wants the best and is very picky. David is an old friend and has produced some of the best dance anthems of the past few years, so it's a good place to start."

David - who has created tracks for the likes of Rihanna, Madonna, Snoop Dogg and Blacked Eyed Peas - recently revealed he had made a song he was giving to will.i.am for him to use for one of his artists.

He said: I made a song the other day and it was such a good fit for him and his artists. We're always in touch."

Cheryl has been working on new tracks in Los Angeles, although she has vowed her third studio album won't be released until her team feel it is perfect.

I'm quite intrigued by this, hopefully it's a good song (as David tends to give his best tracks to the ladies; 'Titanium', 'When Love Takes Over'), so if it works, then it will be great! This is the first time I've actually been looking forward to the third album, I seriously hope it doesn't disappoint.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 18 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Should be great, as Theo said, his best songs are usually given to the ladies so hopefully the same is true for Cheryl!

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post Aug 18 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Sounds like we could be waiting a while for the album which is no bad thing. At least Nicola can help fill any wait biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Aug 18 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Seeing as this actually seems to happening, I'm going to pin this topic, if that's okay with you, Matt? tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post Aug 18 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I don't know like, the power might rush up to your head tongue.gif

+Quote this post

26 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:42 PM