BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Holiday ● 35 Years
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Jan 14 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

It's the 35th anniversary of the UK release of Madonna's breakthrough hit 'Holiday' this month, with today also marking 35 years since her performance on Dick Clark’s American Bandstand, renowned for Madonna's cheeky, cool response of "rule the world" when asked about her career ambitions.

'Holiday' remains one of the biggest Madonna hits and a blueprint for other songs in her discography. Feel-good, infectious and uniting, it's clear to see why 'Holiday' has stood the test of time and is nearly always performed on tour, often as an encore. That delightful intro and the "Holiday! Celebrate!" hook is guaranteed to get you on your feet and get the party started.

What are your thoughts and memories of 'Holiday'? Which of the many performances is your favourite?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vibe
post Jan 15 2019, 08:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
What a classic . Still love this song to death ! The intro is everything especially when u see the queen live !!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jan 18 2019, 09:09 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
'Holiday' is quintessential Madonna. Even when I do find myself tiring of it slightly, I always return to thoroughly enjoying it. Really joyful and celebratory, always seems to make people smile and one of those Madonna songs that most people know and love, regardless of demographic or whether they're a fan usually.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 30 2019, 05:47 PM
Post #4
Group icon
User: 13,007
Always liked this but the Rebel Heart tour encore performance cemented it as so much more for me. Classicccc and one of the M songs I hear most often in everyday life.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Feb 1 2019, 12:08 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
The drums towards the end are just the best thing.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:02 AM