BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Girls Aloud to "reunite" for one night only fundraiser?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post 20th April 2022, 10:28 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Motormouth Nadine strikes again laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th April 2022, 10:52 AM
Post #22
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

To be fair when reading back what Nadine said, she didn’t actually say Girls Aloud would perform, although I appreciate she also didn’t say that they wouldn’t be.

We’re planning a night for an event to raise money in honour of Sarah. She’s very much in the forefront of our minds. We want to raise money for a piece of medical equipment that helps diagnose cancer earlier so people can be treated. We definitely want to do something to help others.

I guess we all read into it what we wanted to read, rather than what was really said!

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 20th April 2022, 10:52 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

To be fair Nadine just said they were planning an event. She never really mentioned a performance…although she didn’t exactly make a point of confirming they had no plans either. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 20th April 2022, 12:08 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I wonder would they even perform one song together in her honour.

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 20th April 2022, 01:00 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

I think they’ve made it clear they aren’t ready to perform without her as a group yet sadly.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 20th April 2022, 01:19 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Apr 20 2022, 10:17 AM) *
Please don’t have Ed Sheeran and the usual beige artists like Jess Glynne, Anne-Marie and Gary Barlow performing.

That's what I was thinlng as well. Of course, the most important thing is raising as much money as possible but it would be lovely to see acts like Sugababes there. Those who had a connection with the group and not just a bunch of middle of the road people like you mentioned.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 20th April 2022, 01:37 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

It is very disappointing as I was expecting a Girls Aloud night of performing the hits but the cause it is for is very important which I am respectful of.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 20th April 2022, 02:06 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Billy. @ Apr 20 2022, 02:00 PM) *
I think they’ve made it clear they aren’t ready to perform without her as a group yet sadly.

Not to sound insensitive but I think fans are realistic that a tribute charity gig was probably the best chance of seeing the other four girls perform. I really can’t see them (particularly Kim) being up for a tour or new music at all. If they don’t do one performance at a charity event together I can’t see them going to a studio or touring the country and doing full setlists without her.

(Absolutely NO SHADE obviously)

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 20th April 2022, 02:12 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I do get your point, once Sarah got ill and sadly passed away i never expected them to reform if im been honest, i thought they may have done some form of tour for the anniversary and also in tribute to Sarah and i can totally understand that decision if thats what they have decided. I was never hopeful they would record a new album, I do think they should perform something at the event though as a four piece in honour of Sarah but im sure its something they talked about with Sarah before her passing and will have made decisions based on that on what they are ready for.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 20th April 2022, 06:59 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I think we should be realistic and not expect them to every perform again. Who knows what may happen in 5 or 10 years, but I think they have made it pretty clear it's way too hard for them to do. Sarah only passed away six months ago and it's still so raw for a lot of people, I can't imagine what it must be like for the girls. I doubt they would be able to go through even one song without being overwhelmed with emotions.

Of course I would love to see them back again but I am also perfectly fine with it not happening.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 20th April 2022, 07:17 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Apr 20 2022, 07:59 PM) *
I think we should be realistic and not expect them to every perform again. Who knows what may happen in 5 or 10 years, but I think they have made it pretty clear it's way too hard for them to do. Sarah only passed away six months ago and it's still so raw for a lot of people, I can't imagine what it must be like for the girls. I doubt they would be able to go through even one song without being overwhelmed with emotions.

Of course I would love to see them back again but I am also perfectly fine with it not happening.

Agreed. There's something very creepy and uncomfortable about their fans drooling about seeing Sarah on a hologram/screen and watching the other four girls cry their eyes out.

Just leave them the f*** alone. They're not performing animals that 'need' to do anything public for Sarah. They don't owe the fans shit.

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 21st April 2022, 11:25 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Apr 20 2022, 08:17 PM) *
Agreed. There's something very creepy and uncomfortable about their fans drooling about seeing Sarah on a hologram/screen and watching the other four girls cry their eyes out.

Just leave them the f*** alone. They're not performing animals that 'need' to do anything public for Sarah. They don't owe the fans shit.

Absolutely, it all seems so inappropriate.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 21st April 2022, 11:47 AM
Post #33
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Apr 20 2022, 08:17 PM) *

I’m sure your heart is in the right place, but nevertheless I think this is a very unfair assessment of the Girls Aloud fan base.

I really don’t think anybody is wanting a reunion for the reason of getting a kick out of seeing the girls struggle with their emotions. If anything, the fans have been highly respectful of Girls Aloud throughout this. I’ve not seen anybody demanding a reunion or getting annoyed with the girls that there possibly won’t ever be one. I think if anything, fans liked the idea of a charity performance for the potential catharsis of it (closure), something that celebrates Sarah, as well as it being for a very good cause.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 21st April 2022, 12:26 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

i just don't really see the point in doing a charity event in honour? Can't the girls take money out of their sponsored posts they do and contribute.

The driving force for this (and they fully knew this speaking to the press) was tipping it as a Girls Aloud reunion but the girls obviously are not interested in doing so, even for charity.

i am kinda glad though, as it would be rather shameless for them to reunite because she's passed when, if she were still alive, they had no interest (by them i presume it's nicola and cheryl that don't want to reunite).

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 21st April 2022, 01:50 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Apr 21 2022, 12:47 PM) *
I’m sure your heart is in the right place, but nevertheless I think this is a very unfair assessment of the Girls Aloud fan base.

I really don’t think anybody is wanting a reunion for the reason of getting a kick out of seeing the girls struggle with their emotions. If anything, the fans have been highly respectful of Girls Aloud throughout this. I’ve not seen anybody demanding a reunion or getting annoyed with the girls that there possibly won’t ever be one. I think if anything, fans liked the idea of a charity performance for the potential catharsis of it (closure), something that celebrates Sarah, as well as it being for a very good cause.

To be fair, you're right. It's a very emotional topic and everyone is going to have their own (very sweet) ideas to honour Sarah.

I think yesterday was a bit rough with Tom Parker's funeral and it really just hits home that these pop stars are just normal people like us and sometimes their friends and connections might just want to grieve privately without needing to be in 'public persona' mode.

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 21st April 2022, 05:25 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(dannjohn @ Apr 21 2022, 01:26 PM) *
i just don't really see the point in doing a charity event in honour? Can't the girls take money out of their sponsored posts they do and contribute.

The driving force for this (and they fully knew this speaking to the press) was tipping it as a Girls Aloud reunion but the girls obviously are not interested in doing so, even for charity.

i am kinda glad though, as it would be rather shameless for them to reunite because she's passed when, if she were still alive, they had no interest (by them i presume it's nicola and cheryl that don't want to reunite).

I just find it odd that you don’t see the point in an industry fundraiser with the sole purpose of raising money towards research/equipment to save lives, particularly when it’s so close to their heart.

None of the girls ‘tipped’ this as a Girls Aloud reunion which is something that has to be made clear - we don’t even know if the thing is going to be televised or how it’s going to appear. The quote from Nadine literally said they are holding a charity night and that isn’t worded in an ambiguous ‘are they reuniting way’ at all.

I also don’t see how it would be shameless that they now value each other and perhaps what they had together more than ever, because one of them has passed away. We don’t know if they ever will reunite but making assumptions about them
Is just so odd in this circumstance.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 21st April 2022, 06:48 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Am I right in thinking they were in discussions for a 20th anniversary reunion tour just before Sarah got her diagnosis? So I don't think it's accurate to say they had "no interest" prior to her passing.

To be honest, I have very mixed feelings about a reunion in light of what happened and honestly don't mind if it's just left as it is, much as I did momentarily get excited about the idea of a one-off charity gig.

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 21st April 2022, 10:00 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

cry.gif I’m sure whatever they do will be very emotionally charged.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 21st April 2022, 11:02 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Bustin Jieber @ Apr 21 2022, 07:48 PM) *
Am I right in thinking they were in discussions for a 20th anniversary reunion tour just before Sarah got her diagnosis? So I don't think it's accurate to say they had "no interest" prior to her passing.

To be honest, I have very mixed feelings about a reunion in light of what happened and honestly don't mind if it's just left as it is, much as I did momentarily get excited about the idea of a one-off charity gig.

As far as I know there was discussions before Sarah's diagnosis.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 22nd April 2022, 05:14 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(dannjohn @ Apr 21 2022, 12:26 PM) *

Sarah has, according to Nadine, literally asked the girls to do this, so I find this comment rather strange.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 07:07 AM