BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RESULTS: Katy Perry's best music video outfits, Starting soon!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 26th August 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

The results will be starting tonight, tune in!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th August 2016, 08:45 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:

10. DARK HORSE - wings outfit
Average: 6.83
Loved it: 10 (Josh)
Hated it: 04 (Joseph)

I've always thought this outfit was pretty wicked and was expecting it to do a bit better here, it's definitely one of my favourites. The wings look cool and it sticks with the glam egyptian theme that the rest of the video uses. I like how she opens her wings on all the big ad lib parts too, really works well imo.

09. THIS IS HOW WE DO - pizza dress
Average: 6.92
Loved it: 09 (Serg Mix)
Hated it: 05 (HarryEzra)

This isn't one of Katy's more extravagant outfits but few women could make a dress with pepperoni pizza on it look this good. This Is How We Do has a video jam packed with fun and this outfit definitely adds to that.

08. DARK HORSE - golden
Average: 7.67
Loved it: 09 (Joseph / Serg Mix)
Hated it: 05 (Jade)

This is one of Katy's more overlooked outfits I think due to other great outfits within this video but when you take a moment to look at it, it is really gorgeous. Full of loads of golden intricate patterns and it works well with the golden hieroglyphs in the background too. Definitely fit for Egyptian royalty!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 26th August 2016, 09:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Unfortunately the wings for #10 really let that one down, they look so cheap sad.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th August 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:

07. E.T. - alien
Average: 8.17
Loved it: 11 (Jade)
Hated it: 05 (Harry)

Oo, the averages are already getting pretty high. E.T. is one of Katy's most extravagant videos, I like the whole aesthetic of this video and the kookiness of the alien outfit really works well. Harry gave it a low score but it got enough high scores including an 11 from Jade to maintain a high average. The headpiece and make-up add the finishing touches to a great outfit.

06. LAST FRIDAY NIGHT (TGIF) - party dress
Average: 8.75
Loved it: 10 (Harry / Serg Mix)
Hated it: 07 (Joseph)

This was surprisingly popular and wasn't one I was expecting to get in the top 10. It's a great moment when Kathy gets her make-over and comes down to join the party looking much more glamorous than before. It's probably the most 'normal' outfit to make the final so sixth is not too shabby.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 30th August 2016, 03:18 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

The 'E.T.' and 'Last Friday Night' looks are both really striking wub.gif I wish they had both been top 5 here!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 3rd September 2016, 09:40 AM
Post #6
Group icon
c:

05. DARK HORSE - pharaoh
Average: 8.83
Loved it: 11 (Josh)
Hated it: 07 (River Lea)

This is one outfit that I thought would be quite a bit higher actually, one of her more intricate designs which manages to look good and fun at the same time. The egyptian theme works very well for the Dark Horse video and I think this is the defining outfit of that song.

04. CALIFORNIA GURLS - cupcake bra
Average: 8.92
Loved it: 10 (Joseph / Jade)
Hated it: 07 (Serg Mix / River Lea)

This is another of Katy's more iconic looks I think with the blue hair and cupcake bra. California Gurls is generally regarded as one of her best music videos for the pure fun of it and all the outfits on Katy and her backing dancers are a lot of fun in this scene.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 3rd September 2016, 09:41 AM
Post #7
Group icon
c:

Also, thinking about it now can we talk about how we overlooked the purple cloud outfit modelled in the opening post?? Such an iconic look.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 3rd September 2016, 09:51 AM
Post #8
Group icon
c:

03. ROAR - jungle
Average: 9.00
Loved it: 11 (Serg Mix / Joseph)
Hated it: 07 (Harry / Jade)

Another of Katy's more famous videos and this is probably the outfit that I was expecting to win. She looks like a real life Tarzan in this video pretty much and it's all kinds of amazing, especially when she's making friends with elephants, monkeys and tigers in the jungle.

02. WIDE AWAKE - purple gown
Average: 9.33
Loved it: 10 (Joseph / Serg Mix / River Lea)
Hated it: 08 (Josh)

I think this one has outdone all expectations and it even almost won but just lost out due to not receiving any 11s. It is a very pretty and elegant outfit and a bit more in line with what would people would wear in real life. However, it is a little on the dull side in comparison to the more fun outfits in the rate so I'm glad it didn't win.

01. CALIFORNIA GURLS - whipped cream
Average: 9.33 (more 11s)
Loved it: 11 (Harry)
Hated it: 08 (Josh / Jade)

Whipped cream bra is probably one of the most instantly recognisable things about Katy so I can see why it has won here. The outfit itself isn't that exciting but the whipped cream can accessories are rather exciting, especially when they release what's inside everywhere laugh.gif A worthy winner, I think!

Thanks to everyone who voted biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:59 AM