BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Disney+ | Phase Four MCU
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Mar 15 2021, 11:03 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
Friday can't come soon enough omg

Bucky and Sam are back, along with Sharon Carter, Helmut Zero and Georges Batroc plus an appearance from James/War Machine expected too!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 15 2021, 11:45 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Very excited for this. It's gonna be so weird coming so soon after 'WandaVision' and how much different it's going to be, but I'm hopeful that it's gonna be great & be just as strong as 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Mar 16 2021, 12:19 PM
Post #3
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I’m looking forward to this but I’m not as excited by it as I was WandaVision. Mainly because Wanda & Vision were really interesting characters to me whereas I was never too keen on the Winter Solider and Falcon was just kinda there... but I suppose that’s the point of this show tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Mar 16 2021, 12:52 PM
Post #4
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
Will be watching this of course, I'd be really interested to see what this ties in to within the larger MCU. This looks like it will be more 'MCU' action orientated than WandaVision and a slightly different premise.. I'll be looking forward to all the fan theories that follow.. always one of the best bits!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Mar 18 2021, 09:11 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
I’ll definitely watch this but I just still don’t understand why on earth Cap would have given his shield to Falcon and not Bucky. It makes no damn sense.

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post Mar 18 2021, 05:11 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471
QUOTE(diva thin muffin @ Mar 18 2021, 09:11 AM) *
I’ll definitely watch this but I just still don’t understand why on earth Cap would have given his shield to Falcon and not Bucky. It makes no damn sense.

I mean, Bucky was a villain and is a straight up murderer, so the optics aren't great there. Giving him it wouldn't make any sense when Sam's right there.

I do still feel like Sam is one of the least interesting characters, but I'm willing to have my mind changed by the show.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 19 2021, 03:29 PM
Post #7
Group icon
That was a whole lot of... nothing? laugh.gif

Like, it wasn't even bad or terrible etc.. just nothing happened? Probably 2 mins max in that 45 minute episode that actually served to the main story? laugh.gif It didn't drag though which was a plus (I had to check that it wasn't a 35 minute ep with 10 minutes of credits like D+ are famous for haha). It felt too fillery to be the first episode.

Hopefully, now that they've caught us up on what both of them are now doing, we'll start getting heavier into the story and focusing on that whole terrorist group more. That new agent was cool.. hope we see more of him. The action sequences were good though! I just wish it wasn't over with and all done in the first 10 mins... I think they should've done a bit more with the terrorist group tbh.

For an opening episode that was... not terrible but it wasn't great either. If I wasn't so invested in the MCU I'd probably tune in next week but if it's more of the same, I'd not bother with the rest.

We'll see. Maybe I'm just hard to please coz the Captain America franchise is so near and dear to my heart!

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Mar 19 2021, 09:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
I’ve had a long day and this just hasn’t held me interest. Hopefully next week will be a stronger episode.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 20 2021, 02:56 PM
Post #9
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
The first 10 minutes were absolutely stunning! I really liked the Bucky storyline too as I feel a show he’s the star off absolutely needs to continue exploring his past.

The terrorist plot looks intriguing too, I just wish that Falcon’s storyline had continued to be a lot more focused on that. I think the mistake they’ve made is that these types of stories always have that family life to help ‘earth’ the story a bit more and create more peril for the hero but they’ve never really explored that with Falcon before and so are forced to introduce it now. I’m sure the sister and/or her family will be held hostage or something by the terrorists.

I guess Wandavision’s couple of episodes were very introductory as well and ultimately very removed from everything that came after. It feels the same will happen here, although it feels odder with there being less episodes, especially as we’ve not seen Sharon Carter or Zemo yet.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post Mar 20 2021, 08:04 PM
Post #10
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
Trying this as a non-MCU fan who just loved WandaVision. I found the first 10 mins to boring same old could shut my eyes and get the same effect kind of action scenes. I preferred the moments particularly with Bucky and seeing him dealing (or not) with himself and adjusting to normal life, same with Sam but from a very different perspective. I can imagine this wasn't jumping straight into the action but seemed good to set up the story with the bank heist and video clip being shown to Sam. I'll be here for next week's episode!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 27 2021, 06:57 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
I'm really enjoying this series, enough action and plot, but the real winner is characterisation. let's be honest, in the movies they were never really what you might call "fleshed-out 3-dimensional" characters, other than "brainwashed killer & recovering PTSD" and "likeable dependable supporter of Captain America" so the in-depth consequences of the Blip (people coming back after 5 years would decimate every country, unless their houses and possessions had been held in stasis) and the trauma of Bucky to adjust and Sam's guilt at being asked to be the new Cap is a massive bonus to me.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Mar 27 2021, 07:02 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Actually really enjoyed the second episode.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 27 2021, 07:08 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I really enjoyed the 2nd episode too. They're going in HARD with race and social issues and I love that we're getting that. It so far feels very real and not forced. The whole scene with Isaiah (his story is insane) was so raw and real and hard to watch, then the following scene with the police changing their tone etc.. incredible stuff (although tough at times)!

Also #NotMyCap !! Ughhh

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post Apr 2 2021, 11:36 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293
Now that was a GOOD episode.

Ridiculous at times but very fun!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Apr 2 2021, 03:26 PM
Post #15
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
Very fun but very fast paced for me tbh. I’m not quite enjoying this as much as WandaVision (or other Marvel shows I’ve seen tbh, as I’m currently watching the Netflix shows) but it’s enjoyable and I am interested in the story

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 12 2021, 12:09 AM
Post #16
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Since no one else is going to imma say it

Zemo is both sus and iconic, which is still kinda sus but is still kinda iconic

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 17 2021, 07:12 PM
Post #17
Group icon
These last couple of episodes have been brilliant. Especially last week. Very excited for next weeks episode, which is the finale iirc? Exciting!

I love how deep they're going and how dark it is!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:25 PM