BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newborn, NEW EP Release
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Urbanfairy
post Apr 20 2016, 09:10 AM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,555
   No Gallery Pics

Following the release of groovy indie single ‘Runaround’, Brooklyn band Newborn have now released the second track from their upcoming EP, a smoky guitar anthem called ‘Beautiful Disguise’ that discusses the use of lyrics to hide one’s flaws and mortality.
The band’s refreshing sound is the result of a multitude of rock influences including Muse, Nirvana, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Arctic Monkeys.
Formed by high school friends Allen James and Eric Weglicki who met in 2005, the two jammed for several years before finally finding a bassist and drummer, playing their first gig in 2013 as a four-piece band. This was later cut down to a three person lineup, both drummer and bassist leaving, the band finding their current percussionist Blake Suben, guitarist Eric Weglicki switching to bass.

Frontman Allen discusses the band name, which stemmed from an incident in an elevator one day: ‘It was one of those days where my depression was really bad. The elevator doors opened and a mother came strolling in with her baby. The baby looked right into my eyes and gave me the silliest, happiest smile I’ve ever seen. It completely obliterated my bad mood. I told Eric the story later that day and we decided to call our band “Newborn”. To us the name represents a way of looking through life with constant marvel and to always live in the moment. The way a child does.’

The EP is scheduled for release June 14th.

EP Tracklist:

1. Runaround
2. Gravity
3. Innocent Guilt
4. Beautiful Disguise
5. Old Soul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 AM