BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cancelled/Rumoured releases, What do u think + UPDATED...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post Aug 4 2018, 12:00 AM
Post #1
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Here's a list of Britney's scrapped or rumoured single releases that never happened due to various reasons. Please Buzzjack share your thoughts on what could have been and what were major missed opportunities. Tell me what you guys think..

Thinkin’ About You [Baby One More Time]
Was supposed to be a single at some point but was cancelled for unknown reasons.

I Can’t Get No (Satisfaction) [Oops I Did It Again]
This was considered for a possible release at some point, but got cancelled because of the backlash she got.

When Your Eyes Say It [Oops I Did It Again]
This song was planned to be the album's 4th single, however 'DLMBTLTK' got chosen instead. A music video for the song was rumored to have been filmed in January 2001 by Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris.[51] The video was never released; however, a promotional CD single for the song was released in the United Kingdom in January 2001. It was again considered as a possible 5th single, but again cancelled due to the underperformance of 'DLMBTLTK'.

Before the Goodbye [Britney]
Meant to be the lead single until ‘I’m A Slave 4 U’ got chosen instead.

I Got That Boom, Boom (Ft the Ying Yang Twins) [In the Zone]
Jive wanted this as the first single, but Britney chose ‘Me Against the Music’ instead, and then it was considered as the 2nd and then 3rd, but other songs got chosen over it instead, and then because of the knee injury, the era came to an abrupt end.

Outrageous [In the Zone]
The video shoot was cancelled due to Britney’s knee injury and therefore the single didn’t get a proper release but still managed a #79 peak on the US Top 100, and was even meant to feature on the 'Catwoman' soundtrack but this plan also got scrapped and Mis-Teeq's 'Scandalous' was included instead.

Breathe on Me [In the Zone]
An instant fan favourite, this was gonna be the 4th single for the International markets, (and possible 5th for the USA) but due to Britney’s knee injury all further promo and releases for the album were cancelled, and plans for her Greatest Hits collection were brought forward, and despite never being a single the song was become a staple on the set-list of almost all her tours since.

Shadow [In the Zone]
This was one of the tracks that were in consideration to be the lead single, but was quickly scrapped.

I’ve Just Begun (Having My Fun) [Greatest Hits – My Prerogative]
This was supposed to have a music video filmed, but Britney’s team denied it and set the song as a promo release instead.

Get Back, Hot as Ice & Toy Soldier [Blackout]
All three were considered for the lead single, until 'Gimme More' was chosen.

Out from Under [Circus]
The label wanted this to be the album's 3rd single, but Britney had it scrapped at the last minute due to it being too emotional and 'If U Seek Amy' got chosen instead due to it getting the most votes on an online poll on her website.

Mannequin [Circus]
This was supposed to be the 5th and final single from 'Circus', but due to 'Radar' getting released due to record company contracts and etc... as well as underperforming. JIVE felt that it was better to go ahead and release 'The Singles Collection' instead.

Big Fat Bass (Ft Will.i.am) [Femme Fatale]
Considered to be the album's 3rd single, but was replaced by ‘I Wanna Go’ due to it getting a better response.

Alien [Britney Jean]
This was supposed to be the album's 3rd single and even received acclaim from music critics and charted on the US Bubbling Under chart at #8, but due to low album sales and the previous single 'Perfume' didn't perform very well, all plans for further promotion and releases were scrapped.

It Should Be Easy/Tik Tik Boom [Britney Jean]
Remixes were commissioned for both tracks in January and Feb 2014 and were serviced to nightclubs. However a spokesperson for Britney confirmed that neither of these would see a single release and were only remixed to used in Nightclubs only and further promo for the album. Although if plans didn't get cancelled then it was rumoured that 'It Should Be Easy' was gonna be the album's 4th single following 'Alien'.

[size="3"]Do You Want to Come Over [Glory][size]
This was rumoured to be remixed to feature Christina Aguilera for a possible 3rd single release, but nothing came of it and no further singles from Glory would be released.

This post has been edited by SamJudd: Dec 9 2018, 02:57 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Dec 9 2018, 02:57 AM
Post #2
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

BUMP...

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Dec 9 2018, 10:07 AM
Post #3
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Member No.: 67

Omg! This is great! I’m gonna read this throughout my am routine!

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Dec 28 2018, 11:44 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

There's a few missing...

'Everybody' was the rumoured single of pre-'Blackout' (there were lots of articles about the track in 2005/2006).
'Now That I Found You' was a single contender at one point for 'Britney Jean' as it also got uploaded to YouTube.

I thought the DYWCO remix featured DNCE?

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post Dec 28 2018, 12:33 PM
Post #5
Let's Go Brandon
Member No.: 421

When Your Eyes Say It
Before The Goodbye
Breathe On Me
Out From Under

all would've made great single choices. I think "Inside Out" was also a contender no?

+Quote Post
spiceboy
post Jan 13 2019, 10:25 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Inside Out was definitely rumoured quite heavily during the FF era, I remember thinking it would be a fab single when I saw the rumours. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Slick
post Jan 26 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #7
electric butterflies
Member No.: 70
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(SamJudd @ Aug 4 2018, 12:00 AM) *

Do You Want to Come Over [Glory]
This was rumoured to be remixed to feature Christina Aguilera for a possible 3rd single release, but nothing came of it and no further singles from Glory would be released.

WHAT. This would have been EPIC!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:43 AM