BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
51 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> 2018/2019 Premier League
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 15th January 2019, 07:06 PM
Post #541
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(dobbo @ Jan 15 2019, 06:48 PM) *
Mark Hughes, David Moyes, Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce literally take your pick it'll be one of them.

Apparently the rumour is they are going after Jokankovic.

Anyway, Spurs' season basically over now with Kane injured and Son away. Big lift for Chelsea in the League Cup. Liverpool are down to about 2 fit defenders laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 15th January 2019, 10:29 PM
Post #542
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Petr Cech has announced he will retire at the end of the season.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th January 2019, 09:29 AM
Post #543
Group icon

Borussia Dortmund coach Jan Siewert is one of the names under consideration to take over from David Wagner as head coach at Huddersfield Town.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 19th January 2019, 02:56 PM
Post #544
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Could that be it for Puel now? Given the rumours circulating and it's a very typical result to be followed by the boot.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 19th January 2019, 03:00 PM
Post #545
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Game of the season for a neutral like me!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th January 2019, 05:16 PM
Post #546
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Did not enjoy that much at all, way too many shades of the Liverpool of old biggrin.gif Two 4-3s in one day!

The title race is going to go down to the wire, but the injuries/suspensions are starting to pile up. As much as I would love us to be in the FA Cup still, maybe it's a blessing we are out. Only thing I would say Liverpool have in their advantage to City, is I haven't yet seen City not have things go there way at times this season and come back to win. Long way to go yet, but think the period around end of Feb/March is going to be crucial looking at the fixture lists.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 19th January 2019, 05:27 PM
Post #547
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

QUOTE(dobbo @ Jan 19 2019, 02:56 PM) *
Could that be it for Puel now? Given the rumours circulating and it's a very typical result to be followed by the boot.

I think it probably will be which would be a shame. After everything that has happened surrounding Leicester it would seem very cruel for him to be sacked, this season should be a write off in terms of where Leicester finish in the league table and really they are doing as well as they realistically can. It's going to be many years until a new team breaks into the top 6 so Leicester being around 8th place is not bad.

If Arsenal lose to Chelsea then the atmosphere around the club will be very toxic and that will probably end their top 4 hopes as well.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th January 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #548
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Houdini @ Jan 19 2019, 05:27 PM) *
I think it probably will be which would be a shame. After everything that has happened surrounding Leicester it would seem very cruel for him to be sacked, this season should be a write off in terms of where Leicester finish in the league table and really they are doing as well as they realistically can. It's going to be many years until a new team breaks into the top 6 so Leicester being around 8th place is not bad.
If Arsenal lose to Chelsea then the atmosphere around the club will be very toxic and that will probably end their top 4 hopes as well.

Well Arsenal didn't lose and it sends the Top 4 really wide open. I think the key to it all will be how everyone copes when European football starts up and of course, there may be a fixture pile-up for one of Chelsea/Spurs which may help Arsenal and Man Utd.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 19th January 2019, 08:38 PM
Post #549
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(Mack. @ Jan 19 2019, 09:29 AM) *
Borussia Dortmund coach Jan Siewert is one of the names under consideration to take over from David Wagner as head coach at Huddersfield Town.

Omg yes please, instantly. He’s standing between Gladbach and a title run laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 20th January 2019, 02:07 AM
Post #550
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jan 19 2019, 08:23 PM) *
Well Arsenal didn't lose and it sends the Top 4 really wide open. I think the key to it all will be how everyone copes when European football starts up and of course, there may be a fixture pile-up for one of Chelsea/Spurs which may help Arsenal and Man Utd.

Chelsea will be the team to have the fixture pile up as they are still in 4 competitions. Both Chelsea and Arsenal were at one stage 11 points ahead of us and now we are level on points with Arsenal and only 3 behind Chelsea. By mid December I thought top 4 was gone for us but now it looks likely that we'll get it, it's possible that Tottenham could drop out now that 2 of their best players will be unavailable for a while.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 20th January 2019, 10:25 AM
Post #551
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Houdini @ Jan 20 2019, 02:07 AM) *
Chelsea will be the team to have the fixture pile up as they are still in 4 competitions. Both Chelsea and Arsenal were at one stage 11 points ahead of us and now we are level on points with Arsenal and only 3 behind Chelsea. By mid December I thought top 4 was gone for us but now it looks likely that we'll get it, it's possible that Tottenham could drop out now that 2 of their best players will be unavailable for a while.

Spurs are in 4 competitions too..

On form right now you look likely to get Top 4, as I said though the key will be the games against each other and when European football starts up again. I still think it's wide open and Spurs will finish 3rd. Hopefully it all goes down to the wire though so there is not always as much focus on the title race.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 20th January 2019, 03:07 PM
Post #552
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Sarri has dug his own grave by his words last night. Can't do that any more - NEVER works, cheerio.

He is right though, those players don't give a f***. No reason why 3 top tier managers can't sort them out. Never change Chelsea.

Still too early to call top 4, but at least we are now in the running - it looked completely impossible 4 weeks ago. All hail Lord Ole.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 20th January 2019, 10:31 PM
Post #553
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(dobbo @ Jan 20 2019, 03:07 PM) *
Sarri has dug his own grave by his words last night. Can't do that any more - NEVER works, cheerio.

He is right though, those players don't give a f***. No reason why 3 top tier managers can't sort them out. Never change Chelsea.
Still too early to call top 4, but at least we are now in the running - it looked completely impossible 4 weeks ago. All hail Lord Ole.

I see what Sarri was trying to do to try and engineer a response but I agree it's the players that are the problem. Not sure which in particular, but could probably guess a few. I think more of their problem is he is trying to replicate what he did at Napoli without being pragmatic. They don't have the same players to play the roles that Sarri's Napoli had.

Fulham are certs to go down. Absolutely calamitous defending today - that win keeps Spurs firmly in No Man's Land.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 20th January 2019, 10:49 PM
Post #554
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Way too much overreliance on Jorginho who's just really not that good - playing Kanté on the right wing, like wtf?!

Can Spurs go the whole season without drawing?! Whilst they've not got Kane or Son for the time being, they're lucky in that their recent upcoming games are easier on paper (in the Prem at least) - those 2 will be back before the big games during the run-in.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 20th January 2019, 11:23 PM
Post #555
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(dobbo @ Jan 20 2019, 10:49 PM) *
Way too much overreliance on Jorginho who's just really not that good - playing Kanté on the right wing, like wtf?!

Can Spurs go the whole season without drawing?! Whilst they've not got Kane or Son for the time being, they're lucky in that their recent upcoming games are easier on paper (in the Prem at least) - those 2 will be back before the big games during the run-in.

I think the issue with Chelsea is less about those two, I think it's quite lazy from pundits. The issue now is teams have logged on that if you stop Jorginho you stop Chelsea. Kante is a great player, but I don't think he's suited to that role, but for some reason Sarri continues to play him. Strange.

Son will be back which will be a big help, but Kane is going to miss any potential League Cup final and probs both legs of the Dortmund tie. I suspect they will drop points at some point as you struggle to see where all the goals are coming to come from especially with Alli out as well. But I would say they're almost a lock in for Top 4. Like for all the big teams, we all seem to have a tricky period around end of Feb/March with games against each other sandwiched between the 2nd leg of the European ties.

Liverpool (Man Utd, Everton)
Spurs (Chelsea, Arsenal)
Arsenal (Spurs, Manchester United)
Manchester Utd (Liverpool, Arsenal then Manchester City)

Chelsea have the easiest run-in around that time where they would be expected to not drop points and City might have a fixture pile-up incoming.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 20th January 2019, 11:36 PM
Post #556
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

City will deal with the fixture pile-up no problem, their squad is ridiculous. As has been proven the only way they're f***ed is if Fernandinho gets injured again.

They do have the tougher run-in for sure but keeps things very interesting. Both you & them have to come to OT under the Ole revolution, very much looking forward to those matches now biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 21st January 2019, 12:13 AM
Post #557
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(dobbo @ Jan 20 2019, 11:36 PM) *
City will deal with the fixture pile-up no problem, their squad is ridiculous. As has been proven the only way they're f***ed is if Fernandinho gets injured again.

They do have the tougher run-in for sure but keeps things very interesting. Both you & them have to come to OT under the Ole revolution, very much looking forward to those matches now biggrin.gif

Usually I'd agree about their squad, but off the back of a World Cup year, it's the minutes in the legs that get you. Probably why Sane hasn't been as rotated as much cos he's much fresher. Last time they did poorly was when they had so many games in a short amount of time too.

Yeah the games at Old Trafford will be big. We have a terrible record there recently except when we're going for the title. Be interested to see how Man Utd do in both those games, as both Liverpool and Man City are comfortably better teams/squads right now. Arguably they got very lucky against Spurs and you couldn't see that same about of luck rubbing off in both games, but football is a funny old game.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 21st January 2019, 11:19 AM
Post #558
Group icon

Another injury woe for Tottenham, with Alli out.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 22nd January 2019, 10:18 AM
Post #559
Group icon

Jan Siewert has been named Huddersfield Town's new head coach.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 22nd January 2019, 12:13 PM
Post #560
Group icon

Confirmed that Cardiff City's Emiliano Sala is on a missing plane which went missing over the Channel Islands.

+Quote this post

51 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 11:39 PM