BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BBTory Bias
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 27th May 2021, 08:10 PM
Post #281
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Quarantilas @ May 27 2021, 05:49 PM) *

Unbiased impartial broadcaster at work.

I mean, come off it, that's hardly biased political reporting laugh.gif They literally say it's correct and then add some further content, hardly widespread political state sponsored bias.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 28th May 2021, 03:26 AM
Post #282
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

and that's the subtle priming of their biases that generally is what we call out - they correct the opposition, who don't tell the whole picture and shouldn't be in government, while exactly reporting the words of the Conservative party, who have a god-given right to govern and have no need for such mortal quibbles as context.

I don't know what relevance deaths per capita has to that statement except as a way to undermine Rayner's point, she said 'death toll'.

no seriously, where is the 'those numbers are correct but actually Malta has a higher rate of vaccination' if we're suddenly going to be misleadingly comparing countries?

+Quote this post
Silas
post 28th May 2021, 07:25 AM
Post #283
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Thanks Iz!

This is a part of why many view it as a government propaganda mouthpiece. They are overly critical of opposition statements when the statement itself is perfectly correct (Rayner is right. We have the highest death TOLL in Europe. No additional context required) and report blatant falsehoods from the state as fact.

This is fairly new to the UK wide stage but this is one of many things they been doing for years in Scotland to push unionist propaganda and talking points.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 28th May 2021, 07:41 AM
Post #284
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Love how they are so certain about the deaths prevented by the vac programme but not so sure about the deaths that occurred due to their terrible decisions!

+Quote this post
Smint
post 25th June 2021, 09:24 AM
Post #285
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

dance.gif Not sure where to put this but in terms of right wing incredibly biased "news" channels (although to call it news would be against the trade descriptions act), today we find out that GB News main star and only real political heavyweight Andrew Neil after just 11 days has decided to take a break for the rest of the summer. The "culture war" stoking channel which just a couple of days ago saw India Willoughby, a trans commentator, resigning saying that it was "demonising" trans people and caused several brands to boycott being featured has got off to a dreadful start with technical issues and terrible reviews.

Oh well, a good news item for Friday finally.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 25th June 2021, 12:07 PM
Post #286
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Don't forget the corruption of them having the BBC defence analyst COINCIDENTALLY onbaord the ship that provoked the Russians days before the 1984-esque One Nation school song!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 25th June 2021, 11:18 PM
Post #287
Group icon

That's one - non-specific and minimising - way to put it.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 25th June 2021, 11:28 PM
Post #288
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

BBC News just has to close if we EVER get rid of this one party state. Having state news has proven inadequate in the face of the rise of the far right. It is just a slavish government mouthpiece.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 28th June 2021, 09:59 AM
Post #289
Group icon

well at least we can take solace in this hilarious headline:

Metro - GB News viewing figures plummet behind Welsh language Paw Patrol

(the original version of the article I saw was a Welsh site so it might just be Welsh viewing figures but still lmao)

as bad as BBC News has gotten, at least it looks like Fox News But British is going to be a complete flop.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 28th June 2021, 10:48 AM
Post #290
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(Iz 💀 @ Jun 28 2021, 10:59 AM) *

(the original version of the article I saw was a Welsh site so it might just be Welsh viewing figures but still lmao)

as bad as BBC News has gotten, at least it looks like Fox News But British is going to be a complete flop.

But it fulfilled its other purpose: convincing head Tory in charge of the BBTory that the public want even more right eing news lol. Questiontime can remain, along with all its Tory plants and Fiona Bruce supporting them and riling up the audiencr against Labour, but we can't have The Mash Report!

+Quote this post
Smint
post 28th June 2021, 12:14 PM
Post #291
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

QUOTE(Iz 💀 @ Jun 28 2021, 10:59 AM) *

cry.gif Although I’m visiting my Tory voting parents at the moment and that makes it worse that they are amongst the handful of people who ARE watching this crap. Although I refuse to watch it with them.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 28th June 2021, 12:21 PM
Post #292
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

Let’s have no disrespect for Patrol Pawennau please. Much better content than GB News

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 10th March 2023, 06:03 PM
Post #293
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I was sure this thread had been posted in more recently but clearly not, anyway, think it needs a bump after the events of today. Asides Lineker's censorship, even this has dropped the same day (it is a slightly misleading headline if you read the whole thing, but the optics certainly aren't great). I have given benefit of a doubt in the past but this and the clear Tory supporters in Chairman positions has made this beyond doubt that it's damaged.

It's sad what's happening to one of the most cherished and important organisations we have, I really worry for their future as long as the Tories are in power, hopefully not much longer, but I'm not convinced the opposition will change much.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 10th March 2023, 06:11 PM
Post #294
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

People like Popchartfreak were arguing with me over thr psst few years based on what THEY WANT the BBTory to be, and not what it actually IS. It is a government mouthpiece, akin to Russia today, and NOT the sort of thing a liberal democracy should have. It attacks the opposition, DOUBLES DOWN when the propaganda against the opposition has been shown to be fake (Panorama hit job on Corbyn, Virgin trains hit job on Corbyn), and never challenges any right wing statement. It is an absokute Tory DISGRACE. It has lost the right to ever ever rdport on news and current affairs.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 10th March 2023, 06:13 PM
Post #295
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

This has angered me a lot. The free speech warriors out in force, complaining about free speech, how ironic.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 10th March 2023, 06:41 PM
Post #296
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Congratulations to Ian Wright and Alan Shearer who have both pulled out of tomorrow's MOTD in protest.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 10th March 2023, 06:41 PM
Post #297
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Congratulations to Ian Wright and Alan Shearer who have both pulled out of tomorrow's MOTD in protest.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 10th March 2023, 06:51 PM
Post #298
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

MASSIVE Tory Fiona Bruce was defened by thr BBTory roo, after saying Stanley Johnson's domestic abuse were both a a "one off" and also "incorrect". Shrodinger's Johnson!

Btw, this is the same Tiry who riled up QT audiences agai st Corbyn's allies, most notably Dianne Abbott, and whose show somehow manages to find thr most right wing people and Tory plants even in Liverpool laugh.gif

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 10th March 2023, 07:09 PM
Post #299
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

It’s brilliant that Shearer and Wright are showing solidarity with Lineker. If only the viewers could boycott the show tomorrow as well but that’s probably asking too much.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 10th March 2023, 07:13 PM
Post #300
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(T Boy @ Mar 10 2023, 07:09 PM) *
It’s brilliant that Shearer and Wright are showing solidarity with Lineker. If only the viewers could boycott the show tomorrow as well but that’s probably asking too much.

I think you’d be surprised, Alex Scott has turned down presenting. Issue isn’t with the MOTD team, I suspect the producers are stuck big time here as it sounds like all the regulars are sticking up for Gary. I can only see Jermaine Jenas being stupid enough to do it, can’t say a way any of the others who normally cover doing it unless they’re forced to.

+Quote this post

19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:52 PM