BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Music Streaming - MP's get behind Artists, cos it's been a complete rip-off since it started...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post 15th July 2021, 07:15 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57838473

In a rare case of supporting the people who actually make the music as opposed to those who promote it and make it available, MP's support the case of musicians and songwriters.

About time. We'll see if things change and legislation to enforce change appears, but my moral-objection to streaming is staying put until things change. The companies have a monopoly and artists are relatively powerless. I don't stream, except to check out new product or unfamiliar old back catalogue, which I then buy. I'm still playing them once I've bought them but my plays don't affect the charts, however the artists get a much bigger slice of the record company profits from my buying a track than from any fan playing it 1000 times on streaming sites. That's not right. You want music, particularly niche acts, they need supporting. Youtube is the worst, they pay hardly anything, then Spitify who still pay peanuts, with Itunes being the least bad paying three times what Spitify pays - and what Itunes pays is still peanuts.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 22nd September 2021, 07:57 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58643793

Nice graph showing where the money goes. To 3 monster record companies and their cosy relationship with streaming platforms who give priority to them and also share ion most of the profits. How convenient.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:33 AM