BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mick Jagger has eighth child at 73
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 9th December 2016, 01:01 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

QUOTE(BBC)
Rolling Stones frontman Sir Mick Jagger has become a father again at age of 73, his publicist has confirmed. The singer already has seven children whose ages range from 17 to 45 and he became a great-grandfather in 2014.

His 29-year-old girlfriend, American ballerina Melanie Hamrick, gave birth to a boy in New York on Thursday, the singer's publicist Bernard Doherty said. A statement said Hamrick and Sir Mick were "both delighted" at the birth. It added: "Mick was at the hospital for the arrival. "Mother and baby are doing well and we request that the media respect their privacy at this time."

Sir Mick began dating Hamrick after the suicide of L'Wren Scott in 2014, his partner of 13 years. The music star had his other children with Marsha Hunt, Bianca Jagger, Jerry Hall and Luciana Gimenez Morad. He has five grandchildren and became a great-grandfather in May 2014 when his granddaughter Assisi, daughter of Jade Jagger, gave birth to a baby girl.

There's a lot of older celebrities who are having children well into their sixties but to me it seems quite selfish? Jagger's new child could now be without a father at just 20 years of age, and even if Jagger lives longer than that, it's still not a large amount of time.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 9th December 2016, 01:10 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I can understand why it's thought of as selfish to become a father at such an age, but then I think of his partner's age. She's only 29 years old and it's assumed they're in a solid relationship and will want to remain faithful to Mick Jagger, so why should she miss out on the chance to become a mother? It is a tricky issue with many pros and cons but I suppose all that matters is that the child is loved and has a stable future lined up.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 9th December 2016, 01:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

at 73 ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 9th December 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

I find it absolutely disgusting tbh

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 9th December 2016, 05:30 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

QUOTE(🎄cqmerqn🎄 @ Dec 9 2016, 05:27 PM) *
I find it absolutely disgusting tbh

Same! It's wrong on so many levels mellow.gif

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 9th December 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #6
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799

As much as I feel that Mick is perfectly entitled to do what he wishes so long as he's responsible, I can't help but feel sorry for the child who will be fatherless for the majority of their life, now.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 9th December 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #7
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

If it was another man of the same age, he would be called all sort of names.

+Quote this post
jakewild
post 9th December 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #8
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790

i'd rather have mick jagger as my dad for like 30 years and die than not tbh

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 9th December 2016, 10:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I think it's his choice and I don't really get what's so selfish about it? If the child gets to age 20 before he dies, it's not like his partner is left to be a single mother of a young child? unsure.gif Of course he could be dead a lot sooner but life isn't certain and even if he was younger... idk.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 10th December 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

I don't think its wrong at all, but I understand why people think its wrong.

Yes the kid could experience one of his parents deaths at an early age, but so could a kid who's parent is 40 years younger that Jagger, you never know when your time is up so its all about making the most of what you have while you're here. Mick Jagger could live to be 100 for all we know, or he could die tomorrow, the kids mother could die next year or live until she's an old lady. As long as the family are happy then who cares about age. And I'm sure there are lots of other family members who would support the child if something happened to either of his parents.

I hope they're all very happy and enjoy their family life smile.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 04:11 AM