BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pop Forum Advent Calendar, Door 24... FINAL DAY ��
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 5 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #21
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Day #5...
Favourite Female Song

Cameron

Not putting a spoiler in for another door coming up kink.gif I have picked my 'second favourite female song' to make it nice and varied. Where can I start with queen Michelle McManus? What a song. That key change confirms why she is my pop idol, my vodka queen, my haggis goddess.

Ultrareputation

As with Cam, I've avoided spoilers for two songs that'll come up on future doors and I've also avoided Taylor here cos I don't want to overuse her! Instead I've gone for pop classic and one of the best songs of all time, Toxic <3 from the iconic production to the killer middle-8 and chorus, this is just one of the best crafted songs ever and a song I go back and listen to quite literally ALL the time. And the video is the definition of iconic. A masterpiece.

Jonjo

I've gone for my 2nd favourite as my fave song of all time is by a female and that is being used for another door! And yes, it's another Britney song, being used for this day! But this time it's the follow up to the pop classic 'Toxic'... 'Everytime'. Such a beautifully haunting and chilling pop ballad. Britney completely owned it. heart.gif From the first time I heard the song, until very recently, it was always top 2 in my affections as best song of all time. Such a classic.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Dec 5 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #22
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
No Shawn/Charlie? sad.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 5 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
QUOTE(CodySleighBell-y @ Dec 5 2017, 06:51 PM) *
No Shawn/Charlie? sad.gif
It was ever! Not 2017 sad.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post Dec 6 2017, 02:53 AM
Post #24
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
All This Time is a masterpiece in its own right but my favorite thing about it is Michelle's iconic hand motions in the video *.*

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Dec 6 2017, 02:59 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
TOP love wub.gif Tbh they bend to every genre so we'll let you have this one kink.gif

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post Dec 6 2017, 07:23 AM
Post #26
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104
Ultra did the best choice for each from 5 days. smile.gif

"Toxic" wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 6 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Day #6...
Favourite Live Performance

Cameron

Without a doubt, it HAS to be THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I KEEP CALLING CALLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-IIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Holy mother of vocals.

Jonjo

I didn't really fancy doing Britney again, so I went for Gaga's most iconic performance and actually, possibly my fave live performance of all time. WHAT A SONG. WHAT A STORY. WHAT A PERFORMANCE. Everything about this performance truly put Gaga on my radar! wub.gif

UV

As with Jonjo, I didn't really fancy doing Britney again straight away so I've gone with Adele's iconic BRITS performance from 2011 that catapulted 'Someone Like You' to becoming the biggest hit of the year and sending Adele stratospheric. There's a reason why this performance is so acclaimed, Adele's vocals are just pitch perfect and with just the backing piano and nothing else, the performance works perfectly. The emotion of the song really comes through and I remember crying my eyes out when I first watched this. A masterclass of a performance. <3

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Dec 6 2017, 10:31 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
Standing In The Dark is such a great tune, idc if it's by Lawson or not

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 6 2017, 10:52 AM
Post #29
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835
Michelle McManus and Britney *.*

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 6 2017, 11:08 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Loving the shoutouts for Avril, my two favourite Britney songs and of course Michelle McManus *.* the ultimate key change queen.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Dec 7 2017, 12:03 AM
Post #31
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Day #7...
Underrated Bop

UltraReputation

I could have chosen so many songs for this but considering I go back to this all the time and it made my top 40 most played songs of the year on Spotify again this year, I'm going with this 2013 album track outtake from Demi as my underrated bop! Something That Were Not is actually my favourite Demi song, a carefree fun pop song that I always bop to with a killer chorus. The verses bop and the chorus goes off, I really wish this was a single and smashed and this also seems to be pretty underrated amongst the Demi fanbase. </3 So so good. <3

Jonjo

At the time, I was convinced that this Michelle Williams song was gonna be a smash. Unfortunately it wasn't. It really annoys me as her album 'Unexpected' is my fave DC related album. Yes that includes new Beyoncé... this song is SO good and if it's not the inspiration behind Burkey's All Night Long, then it's just a HUGE coincidence that it's very similar...

Cameron

Since leaving her record label, Gabrielle Aplin has made it her goal to save pop music by releasing tracks better than her entire second album. Waking Up Slow has been an incredible song to end the year with after releasing the Avalon EP. Both Gabrielle and this song have been overlooked on the site and it is just not good enough! Soz... BUT other than that, enjoy this underrated bop wub.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Dec 7 2017, 12:12 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
Literally all tragic

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 7 2017, 06:51 AM
Post #33
Group icon
Just appreciate that I mentioned the Beast (and her best song x) though

+Quote this post
bpdbryan
post Dec 7 2017, 11:27 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938
Really enjoying this!

+Quote this post
TS0301
post Dec 7 2017, 01:24 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 23,648
Gabrielle Aplin definitely my favourite there wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 8 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #36
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Day #8...
Favourite Music Video of 2017

UltraReputation

I really couldn't do anything else for this despite already using LWYMMD on an earlier day! By far away my favourite video of 2017 (other ones that slay include Havana, Ready For It, New Rules, Chained To The Rhythm, Praying, Want You Back & Green Light, it's been a v. strong year for music videos), LWYMMD is an expensive and fabulous looking masterpiece with many fab easter eggs throughout the video. Taylor looks stunning in the video and I love all the different scenes. The scene with the snake, robbing the streaming company and the army are probs my fave and all the effort with clothing/make-up is incredible. My fave scene is ofc Taylor killing the old Taylor's, it's such a cleverly done scene and is memorable and effective. My love for the video increased after watching the BTS videos Taylor posted. One of my favourite music videos of all time, let alone this year <3

Jonjo

My fave video is actually Logic, but he's the wrong genre for this countdown. So I went for BTS - DNA instead! I could've been a bit more predictable and gone for Dua or 'Power'/'Touch' by Little Mix (stfu the Touch video is incred) but decided not too as the video to 'DNA' is so perfectly executed. So much colour, insane choreography (that DNA move *.*) and just all round a well directed and shot video!

Cameron

Obviously, this is quite a new music video so it wasn't going to be my original choice (Power says HAIIII) but oh my god!!! I have not felt this emotional about a music video for a good while now. The storytelling and the overall visuals of the music video are heartbreaking and have cause so much emotional distress for me cry.gif ps Tim triggered

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 8 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #37
Group icon
No Dua Lipa again. 🙃

FLOPPPPP

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 9 2017, 07:16 AM
Post #38
Group icon
Day #9...
Favourite Girlband Song

Cameron

Despite not being the rabid Sats loon I was when I joined the site ( heehee.gif ) Issues has firmly secured its place in my favourite songs of all time. It was the first 'proper' song I had heard by The Saturdays and as you all know I love ballads. The song has refused to get old for me and still sounds as beautiful as it did in 2008. Vevo needs to sort their shit out and get rid of the If This Is Love thumbnail...
Honorable mentions go to 'Touch', 'Secret Love Song' and 'Wake Me Up' (if Sam puts Pure Shores I am done).

UltraReputation

This was hard af! Just missing out were: Forever Is Over, Power, Love Me Like You, Move, Untouched, Pure Shores (be quiet Cam x) and Lighthouse off the top of my head. But the ultimate girlband song for me has to be one of the biggest ever girlbands defining tunes, Biology by Girls Aloud! The song is heavily-led by Nadine (which is always a good thing) and the production is killer. I adore the non-conventional style of the song and I always bop to this and its a perfectly crafted pop song.

Jonjo

Not only is this the greatest Girlband song in existence, but it's one of the absolute best pop songs of all time. It's literal pop perfection! It's everything you'd expect, want & need in a pop song. It's just helped that it's a song by the biggest girl group of all time.

---

DAY 10 IS A BIGGIE. SO HYPE FOR TOMORROW!!

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Dec 9 2017, 11:17 AM
Post #39
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Sam not picking Pure Shores is the saving grace of day 9

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 9 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #40
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835
Sam wins day 9 *.*

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:48 PM