BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> GLORY - OFFICIAL ALBUM RATE
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post Sep 8 2016, 08:08 PM
Post #21
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67
Seems everyone has a different set of faves! They did a really good job with making this album have a very broad appeal.

If I'm Dancing for single #2. My official choice.

If I chose the singles;
1. If I'm Dancing
2. Make Me
3. Just Luv Me
4. Liar
5. Love Me Down
6. Man On The Moon

(Let me dream, TBH)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Sep 8 2016, 08:15 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Also, if I were to choose the standard TRACKLISTING;

1. Invitation
2. Make Me
3. If I'm Dancing
4. Love Me Down
5. Just Luv Me
6. Man On The Moon
7. Slumber Party
8. Liar
9. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
10. Do You Wanna Come Over?
11. Clumsy
12. Private Show

I'm in between WYN & CE being the closing track. I just love how Private Show closes.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Sep 8 2016, 08:26 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
My Tracklisting:

01. Invitation
02. Liar (yes, after you have been invited to glorious, all you have to do is to follow up with strongest track)
03. Make Me
04. Do You Wanna Come Over?
05. Love Me Down
06. Just Luv Me
07. Change Your Mind
08. Slumber Party
09. Man On The Moon
10. Clumsy
11. If I'm Dancing
12. What You Want
13. Couture Electrique

+Quote this post
post Sep 9 2016, 01:51 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
1. Invitation
2 Make Me
3. Man on the Moon
4. Slumber Party
5. Just Luv Me
6. Do You Wanna Come Over
7. Liar
8. Better
9. Change Your Mind
10. Love Me Down
11. If I'm Dancing
12. Frenchney

There are some songs I like that I left out but that as a standard edition would be a 5/5 album.

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Sep 10 2016, 01:50 AM
Post #25
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
07. Invitation
08. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
08. Private Show
07. Man On The Moon
10. Just Luv Me
09. Clumsy
09. Do You Wanna Come Over?
07. Slumber Party
07. Just Like Me
07. Love Me Down
06. Hard To Forget You
06. What You Need
08. Better
10. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
10. Liar
03. If I'm Dancing
11. Coupure Electrique
08. Moodring

*edited to fix the rating for Moodring

This post has been edited by River Lea: Sep 20 2016, 04:46 AM

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Sep 10 2016, 01:55 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Omfg at a 3 for if I'm dancing.

Watch your back. Britney is watching.

+Quote this post
LUKΞ
post Sep 10 2016, 12:01 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 3,609
09 Invitation
09 Make Me… (feat. G-Eazy)
01 Private Show
09 Man on the Moon
10 Just Luv Me
06 Clumsy
10 Do You Wanna Come Over?
11 Slumber Party
04 Just Like Me
07 Love Me Down
06 Hard to Forget Ya
03 What You Need
06 Better
07 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
08 Liar
04 If I'm Dancing
10 Coupure Électrique
10 Moodring

'Blackout' (I actually own a physical copy) and 'In My Zone' (<3) are still miles better though.

7/10

This post has been edited by Loucaé: Sep 24 2016, 03:13 PM

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post Sep 10 2016, 02:58 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392
7.5 Invitation
10 Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
7 Private Show
7.5 Man On The Moon
8 Just Luv Me
8.5 Clumsy
9.5 Do You Wanna Come Over?
9.5 Slumber Party
8.5 Just Like Me
10 Love Me Down
10 Hard To Forget You
11 What You Need
10 Better
10 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
10 Liar
10 If I'm Dancing
9 Coupre Electrique
10 Moodring

This post has been edited by Nick F1: Sep 13 2016, 06:06 PM

+Quote this post
London
post Sep 10 2016, 03:55 PM
Post #29
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053
09 Invitation - On first listen, I acknowledged this was a good start to the album. However, the more I listened to this song, the more addicted I became. The chilling vocals drew me in, taking my breath away as I realised I was at the start of a journey and by the end of it, I would never be the same again.
09 Make Me (feat. G-Eazy) - Make Me was the best choice for the first single and was a welcome relief when first listened to. The modern and slick production highlighted that this time Britney meant business and she was back. It was the first song in many years that I genuinely couldn't keep off repeat. Is G-eazy's rap necessary? Probably not but it certainly doesn't take away from a more mature, polished addition to Britney's single collection and I would come back to it time and time again.
07 Private Show - Catchy, melodic and sensual. On the first few listens I agreed that this was a good effort but at that point I hadn't listened to the rest of the album. When listened to on the album as a whole, it's certainly one of the weakest songs, mainly because of the vocals.
11 Man on the Moon - A song in which Britney shares the barriers to finding a loved one and makes a plea to the man on the moon; it's certainly a highlight if not the peak of the album. The pained monologue at the start of the song draws you closer, leading to a melody and chorus which are both captivating and memorable. The bridge is perfect, holding the song together and Britney's vocals are passionate and heart warming.
10 Just Luv Me - Certainly one of the single worthy songs on an album full of potential. Britney's sultry and persuasive vocals can be heard over a polished, glossy production. The mid tempo and melodic beat is certainly the highlight of the song, building from the start and climaxing in the chorus where Britney purrs, 'Just luv me.'
08 Clumsy - One of the only club bangers on the album and certainly a solid effort which perhaps can only really be honestly reviewed once heard in a delirium from a dance floor. The song builds to an EDM infused chorus which challenges you to dance. The coy 'oopps' heard before the chorus shows the more playful side to Britney.
9.5 Do You Wanna Come Over? - Fun, flirty and lively, this song will certainly get you up on your feet and dancing. The simple yet catchy chorus will be buzzing around your head for hours after you've heard it.
10 Slumber Party - A fan favourite and certainly single friendly. The tropical feel to the song combined with Britney's bad-ass attitude mixes well to make a superb track -this is certainly my choice for single number two.
08 Just Like Me - This song starts with a great use of a guitar, building up to a catchy chorus. It's definitely a grower and though it wasn't a song that initially stood out, each time I listen to it, it becomes more and more memorable.
08 Love Me Down - This is another song which on first listen didn't resonate with me, however, after more listens it became more appealing. Although repetitive, it works and shows the diversity in Britney's vocal; the ad-libs in the background playing to ones senses.
02 Hard To Forget You - Even after many listens, this is a song I just can't get in to. The repeated, 'it's just so hard to forget you' and the slow down in the chorus doesn't work well. It's like you are waiting for the song to begin but it never actually materialises.
01 What You Need - Though vocally this is a strong effort, the song is certainly the weakest addition to the album. Again the song feels like it builds to nothing and the tune is forgetful- a poor end to a nearly flawless standard edition. The best part of the song being 'that was fun,' at its climax.
07 Better - This is a radio friendly song which has a good melody. Though it's not one of the songs I go back to regularly, I enjoy it when I do, particularly the sound effects in the back ground.
10 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) - An instant favourite which always gets my hips swaying. Sexy and sensual, the Spanish dialogue adding to the songs appeal- Spanishney wins out.
07 Liar - I have mixed feelings about this song. Despite the weak verses, the build up to the chorus, the chorus and the bridge are supreme. As an all rounder, this song lacks consistency throughout and fails to do what many of the other songs on this album do.
10 If I'm Dancing - Out of all of the songs on this album, this is the one I failed to see the potential in from the start. Each time I've listened to it, I've enjoyed it more and now I see it's true power. The background effects are fantastic and Britney's voice is hypnotic. This is certainly the dark horse of the album for me, a real gem.
06 Coupure Electrique - Frenchney is a great effort and a sweet way to end the deluxe edition. It's certainly not one of the best but it does just fine as an album track. The vocals are in the same captivating vein as invitation and therefore, as you finish listening you can't help feeling you've come full circle and the journey has ended just as it was supposed to.
09 Moodring - After a few listens to this, I fell in love... Again. This album just keeps surprising me. This track is mysterious and moody. Love it.

This post has been edited by London81: Sep 14 2016, 10:47 PM

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Sep 10 2016, 11:13 PM
Post #30
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
QUOTE(Tyler @ Sep 9 2016, 09:55 PM) *
Omfg at a 3 for if I'm dancing.

It's the background music, there is an irritating sound I hear that makes me dislike it.

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post Sep 11 2016, 09:03 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
Better is my new favourite at the moment!

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Sep 11 2016, 10:39 AM
Post #32
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
09.0 Invitation
08.5 Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
-1.0 Private Show
07.5 Man On The Moon
11.0 Just Luv Me
02.0 Clumsy
09.0 Do You Wanna Come Over?
10.0 Slumber Party
04.0 Just Like Me
08.0 Love Me Down
06.0 Hard To Forget You
03.0 What You Need
09.5 Better
10.0 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
09.0 Liar
10.0 If I'm Dancing
08.0 Coupure Electrique
10.0 Moodring

This post has been edited by Cremey: Sep 23 2016, 09:47 PM

+Quote this post
♫ Boyan ♫
post Sep 11 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 229
09. Invitation
- Perfect opening to this glorious album! Sexy, smooth and seductive. Just like any Britney slow jam should sound!

08. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
- Another sexy jam. Love her voice when she sings over R&B mid tempo beats like this!

07. Private Show
- Very different for her! A bit pitchy at times but does the job as the perfume add song.

09. Man On The Moon
-This one is such a grower. It is very current yet it has that classic Britney stamp all over it.

11. Just Luv Me
- My personal fave! Maybe the best Britney slow jam since uhmm Everytime? Sick production, her vocal delivery is on point. Must be a single!

07. Clumsy
-This one gets old after a few listens but it's still a jam. Loving the Oops throwback!

08. Do You Wanna Come Over?
- Another very current track yet it brings back some classic Britney moments from the past. Energetic and fun.

10. Slumber Party
- Loooving this one. Another single material. So sexy and I love when she drops the F-bomb!

08. Just Like Me
- Starts off slow and very melodic. The chorus is kinda repetitive but it's one of the big growers on the album for me!

10. Love Me Down
- Jam! Makes you wanna dance and it gets stuck in your head for quite a while after you play it!

06. Hard To Forget You
- Maybe my least fave track. Still a 06 rating! Speaks volume for this album.

07. What You Need
- Love her vocals here. Very different to the rest of the album. Very sassy and I'm getting that Vegas Showgirl kinda vibes if she ever performs this over there ohmy.gif

08. Better
- Sick beat. Can be much better though but somehow still it can finds it's place on the standard edition even.

- Love the Latin flavor and the use of Spanish here. Great repeat value. JAM!

10. Liar
- Damn the bonus tracks keep getting better after "Better" kink.gif I agree, it gives me 2001 Britney vibes, and yet the production is current and sick AF!

10. If I'm Dancing
- Wow! Try NOT to dance to this one. You know the music is good! Club Jam!

09. Coupre Electrique
- Amazing closer of the Deluxe edition. Loving her french, and the song just seems mesmerizing with her silky vocals here.

08. Moodring
- Very moody, very slick, can easily be on the standard/regular deluxe edition.

This post has been edited by ♫ Boyan ♫: Sep 25 2016, 08:59 AM

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post Sep 13 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421
Will be rating it later, meanwhile here is Mood Ring

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Sep 13 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #35
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
08.5 Invitation
This hasn't stopped growing so far for me, I seemed a bit less impressed on first listen than others were but it's improved a lot in my affections, it's become one I'll voluntarily go back to rather than only listening when I wanted the full album. I love how sensual it is, and it really sets the scene for the rest of the album, although I don't think it would work anywhere else on the album other than track 1. Bonus points for opening the album with a new song, I love it when albums don't just start with a single that we already know, feels like there's a bit more thought into the tracklist order (which is evident throughout... mostly).

10.0 Make Me... (feat. G-Eazy)
Loved this from first listen and it's not gotten old for me at all. Her vocals are excellent on it and it's incredibly current, it's radio's loss if they don't want to play this tbh. I think G-Eazy's rap complements it well actually, in a similar vein to Selena Gomez's Good For You (which is absolutely no bad thing as far as I'm concerned!). Potentially my favourite Britney single since Womanizer??

07.0 Private Show
After Make Me... being the Good For You equivalent, this is the Same Old Love lmao - totally love/hate, particularly on the vocals front. I like this, I really do, but I liked it waaay more as a standalone track than I do as part of the album. It doesn't flow at all, Make Me... is sensual and sexy, and this just feels quite clunky coming afterwards? The "slide down my pole" bits are PERFECT for singing along to though and it's great to hear her vocals sounding more raw than the past few albums (or at all, after the Myah fiasco lmao x). Oh and the outro is SUPERB - "nah I'll take a bow x"

10.0 Man On The Moon
I knew this has a little spark on first listen but it's grown on me a lot since then. Her vocals are so soft throughout, making for quite a dreamy sounding song I think. "I can't compete with the stars in the sky, I'm invisible" is one of my favourite parts of the album. I'd LOVE to get a video for this even if I'm not convinced it would be a hit single of any sort lol.

09.5 Just Luv Me
I think this would be a 10 if it had a guest rap on it maybe? Just to give it that extra layer. It's great anyway and surely a future single from the album. This is the perfect kinda song for her voice, and I've spoken a lot about vocals so far in this commentary but this is just another great example of how fantastic she sounds. If this was by a more ""relevant"" female artist, the public would lap it up I think. Unfortunately, it will go largely ignored if released as a single. Ffs.

08.0 Clumsy
This coming right after Just Luv Me is one of the few flaws in this tracklist order laugh.gif A bit like Make Me... into Private Show, it's from the sublime to the kinda clunky, but I think that's part of the charm with this? It doesn't fit in that well on the album at all but it's a fun listen and I do really like it in isolation. Was unsure of the breakdown at first but that was after listening through my laptop speakers which are awful and tinny sounding laugh.gif

11.0 Do You Wanna Come Over?
INCREDIBLE. Bags of personality, incredibly catchy and great production. It's my pick for single #2, will show off a different side to the album following Make Me... and can you just imagine the VIDEO?? I love the guitar parts when she says "do you wanna come over?" during the verses, and I can't say the male shouting has ever put me off!

10.0 Slumber Party
This has crept up since my first listen, wasn't LOVING at first but I find the chorus really quite irresistible. I think this is the kinda thing the genral public would love although I'm not gonna kid myself into thinking radio would play it sad.gif Sometimes I can find swearing really unnecessary but I think it goes well with the vibe of this in the chorus.

08.0 Just Like Me
I find this quite nice, not a huge highlight but it feels like Britney is singing from the heart here, you can hear the emotion in her vocals, and I guess it's the only ballad-type moment on the album! I like the production on the chorus, different to the usual kinda production on a ballad, so yeah, I like this overall.

10.0 Love Me Down
This was love at first listen, the chorus is perhaps lazy lyric-wise but that's never been a huge issue in songs for me, it's perfect to sing along to and very catchy. The production is top notch and I love the talk-singing verses, it really does feel like everything Pretty Girls wanted to be but failed at. Could easily be something Rihanna would release in her more pop days, or Zara Larsson?

07.5 Hard To Forget You
The most generic song on the album for me, and I never use generic as a bad thing but I think on an album that is so quintessentially Britney, it lacks a bit and feels a little bit like trend-chasing in ways? It's a grower for sure though, it's got an oddly high play count because I always forget to turn it off after Love Me Down laugh.gif

06.0 What You Need
The weakest on the album for me. I like that we have some raw vocals from Brit on this but I'm not sure I like the sound of them so much sadly. It's very catchy though and I like the melody, but I find it odd as the standard album closer especially when it sounds nothing like the rest of the album. I think it would've been better as a deluxe track myself but I most certainly don't hate it.

08.0 Better
I can't really fault this but I can't say I actually return to it a great deal strangely. The production is some of the best on the album, extremely current and fresh sounding, but it's just not drawing me back so much.

10.0 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
SUPERB. Can we please have Spanishney more often? The latin vibes in this are top notch, it's a great experiment to take and I'd love more songs like this in the future. Super catchy and definitely worthy of a spot on the main album.

08.5 Liar
Not one I'm going back to, in the same way as Better really, but there's no denying that this should've been on the standard too. The chorus is excellent though and it's probably one of the best on the album in that sense. The Western-ney vibes too *.* but otherwise, there are many on this album that I do prefer over this oop.

09.5 If I'm Dancing
Absolutely BARMY and I LOVE IT. Britishney, the wild production, it's just excellent and so much fun. Yet another song that really should've been on the standard album, and I think it would fit in well alongside the likes of Do You Wanna Come Over? and Clumsy.

08.5 Coupure électrique
This is the kinda song that really only works as an album closer I think, anywhere else on the album would sound odd. My biggest issue with this is the length - it feels like it ends just as it's getting started for me sad.gif I can't comment on her enunciation but I have a huge soft spot for this regardless, and the production really enhances it.

08.5 Mood Ring
This would be higher if some of the vocals weren't quite obviously not Britney's oops. Apparently it wasn't finished in time though and they used some of the demo vocals? Fair enough that it's only a Japanese bonus track and if it were finished by Britney, it would totally be worthy of a place on the main album, but with these circumstances, I'm kinda glad it isn't just cause we don't need Britney Jean again lol.

Overall I think this could actually contend for my favourite Britney album? Guess it helps that I've been more of a stan this era than ever before, so it's always gonna have a special place in my heart. There's nothing I truly hate even if it's not quite perfect, but honestly it's great to have her back on form after the hit and miss Britney Jean.

Plus my ideal tracklisting:

1. Invitation
2. Make Me...
3. Man On the Moon
4. Just Luv Me
5. Slumber Party
6. Liar
7. Love Me Down
8. Do You Wanna Come Over?
9. If I'm Dancing
11. Private Show
12. Just Like Me

13. Hard to Forget Ya
14. Clumsy
15. What You Need
16. Better
17. Coupure électrique

18. Mood Ring

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post Sep 13 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421
11 Invitation
10 Make Me (feat. G-Eazy)
05 Private Show
09 Man on the Moon
09 Just Luv Me
06 Clumsy
10 Do You Wanna Come Over?
08 Slumber Party
07 Just Like Me
08 Love Me Down
06 Hard To Forget You
02 What You Need
07 Better
07 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
09 Liar
08 If I'm Dancing
08 Coupure Electrique
10 Mood Ring

+Quote this post
Davidson
post Sep 14 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
09.0 Invitation
08.5 Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
07.0 Private Show
07.5 Man On The Moon
10.0 Just Luv Me
06.5 Clumsy
10.0 Do You Wanna Come Over?
09.0 Slumber Party
08.0 Just Like Me
09.5 Love Me Down
08.5 Hard To Forget You
06.0 What You Need
09.0 Better
11.0 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
10.0 Liar
09.5 If I'm Dancing
06.0 Coupre Electrique
08.0 Moodring

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Sep 14 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Quite the album for you, eh? heart.gif

+Quote this post
Davidson
post Sep 14 2016, 03:18 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
Indeed.

It is just superb and now my favourite pure pop album of the year (soz 'Dangerous Woman')

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Sep 14 2016, 03:24 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Invitation 09/10 - Haunting, magical, dreamy + her voice = Invitation cry.gif no other track could open doors for us to a HOLY GLORY :bow:

Make Me 10/10 - Sassy, sultry Britney delivering it...I have a feeling that this will definitely end up (regardless of today's hit status) being recognized as one of her best works some years later...not at Slave 4 u level but perhaps at Work Bitch popularity level.

Private Show 07/10 - So much fun lyrics wise and voice wise + minimalistic production of this record makes it everything wub.gif

Man On The Moon 08/10 - Okay this is one of the records that keeps growing each time you listen to it. Very clever on writings and execution department but still I hope it ends up only as album track.

Just Luv Me 09/10 - fan favorite and rightfully so (hopefully a 3rd single).

Clumsy 09/10 - imagine a 50's retro sound in a '10's club scene wub.gif oops part completes this bop for me!!

Do You Wanna Come Over? 10/10 - please single #2...Britney stamp all over it...fun, exciting, pop at it's best dancing.gif

Slumber Party 10/10 - I was lucky to be in Miami when I first gave this record a spin. It is definitely made for summer and beach parties. And now listening to this in my apartment just takes me directly to that moment I've listened to it for the first time...sun, waves, cocktail wub.gif

Just Like Me 05/10 - I really can't make a definitive opinion about this one. It sounds very simple compared to the rest of album and adds nothing to it. A very first track that I see myself skipping it. Next.

Love Me Down 09/10 - Thanks to godney for this after that 'no opinion' dull song. Very complex production and very in love with how it starts so little and builds up all the way up to having ear orgasm wub.gif

Hard To Forget Ya 08/10 - Very melodic during verses and repetitive during chorus...but it works very well...love it.

What You Need 10/10 - OMG who thought Britney could do soul and slaying it. More Soulney in future please wub.gif...that was fun!!!

Better 08/10 - At first it was just meh and I couldn't connect fully to this...not f*** yeah it is a bop.

Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) - 10/10 - It's slaying my heart and soul so effortlessly this one. Love it from start to finish. Lyrics, production, her voice and that little spanish talk...I just close my eyes when I listen to this I try to create the music video for it...red flamingo dress, rose on her hair wub.gif

Liar 11/10 - What a f***ing fierce track. Everytime I listen to it it just takes my breath away...easily in my top 10 Britney tracks.

If I'm Dancing - 09/10 - The beat omg...I am full blasting this on the car and it is so much fun and it just keeps growing and growing.

Coupure Electrique - 08/10 - I cringed when i first listened to this because of her french accent lol but it is all forgiving once the beat kicks in.

Moodring - 09/10 - Seriously Britney?! THIS only as japanese bonus edition track?

This post has been edited by Addy K!ng: Sep 23 2016, 04:17 AM

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:14 AM