BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Three Albums in Three Years, Your ranking
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post Aug 9 2020, 03:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
So after the long wait of just over three years between 1984 and Reputation's album releases (or at least it felt very long), we've since had three extremely different albums releases all within the span of three years! All three of Reputation, Lover, and Folklore are incredible albums each unique in their own ways - but how would you rank them from most to least favourite in terms of singles and as the album as a whole?

Singles:
1 Reputation
2 Folklore
3 Lover

Album:
1 Folklore
2 Reputation
3 Lover

Mainly boasting LWYMMD, RFI, and Delicate makes Reputation my favourite judging by the singles released as all of those have become Taylor classics for me already with Delicate one of my absolute favourites from her. Folklore so far only has cardigan, exile, and betty although to be fair they could overtake the Reputation era singles with time! Folklore beats out Reputation as a whole album however. Lover is by no means bad... It's just my least favourite of the three and I actually wasn't expecting it to come last twice. The singles are nice albeit not songs I really go back to often aside from Lover, and even the album doesn't stand out too much to me tbh especially compared to her others as of late!

What do you think? How would you rank Taylor's last three albums?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 9 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
ALBUMS:
1. folklore
2. reputation

3. lover

kink.gif
folklore & reputation are so close but I'm giving the edge to the former despite it being so new!! The fact I'm still listening to it non-stop on repeat and am not bored of it one bit says it all. It's so stunning. reputation is just behind and I have so much love for that album. It could maybe regain the top spot at sometime who knows! both absolute masterpieces that quite honestly probs make up my top 2 of all time.

I feel I do unfairly shit on lover quite a lot more than it deserves kink.gif It is easily my favourite album of 2019 and there's some career highlights on there (both CS', the man, lover) but I think folklore has highlighted my problems that I have with Lover. Which for Taylor, most of it is below her standard. Apart from the 4 aforementioned tracks, it's basically a collection of 9's to 9.5's out of 10's with 3 meh tracks. Which is ofc amazing but it doesn't have that IT factor that Rep & folklore have, especially as throughout this year I've listened to rep in full so many more times than I have Lover. I also don't think it helps that the track listing is an ABOMINATION, somehow even worse than some of the choices made on Red. Soon You'll Get Better to False God to You Need To Calm Down makes me SCREAM every single time. The transition of Afterglow to Me!, Jesus wept. laugh.gif I feel Lover could be a bit like Red where some tracks (treacherous, starlight, the moment I knew) hit me hard a few years after release after really liking but not fully appreciating them at the time red came out! Hopefully that'll be the case aha. I think folklore highlighted my other main problem with Lover is that it wasn't really anything fresh or exciting and was just good pop. Speak Now had the solo-written narrative, Red was the moving into country-pop & lyrical highlights, 1989 was the pure-pop announcement with perfectly produced tracks & flowing tracklist, Reputation was a move into electro-pop, dark-pop exploring a side of Taylor we've barely seen before and folklore was moving into an alternative direction with what's been really seen as showing off her talents as her songwriter. Whereas lover was... her next pop album? It just doesn't have that edge to it that the others have for me and just felt like an album made more for commercial success rather than artistry sad.gif (tho ofc I still f***ing adore the album laugh.gif)

though I do feel Lover is gonna end up being lowkey underrated with the way Swifties twitter have been ATTACKING it non-stop since folklore dropped laugh.gif the way it's constantly being lumped with self-titled and Fearless atm, I-- laugh.gif

the way we've been served recently cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post Aug 10 2020, 04:00 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454
Singles:
1. reputation
2. Lover
3. folklore (it needs more singles for me to properly decide)

Album:
1. reputation
2. Lover
3. folklore

I love them all, so rating them is very hard.

+Quote this post
London
post Aug 10 2020, 12:01 PM
Post #4
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053
Rating these albums is super hard, especially as folklore is so new. I’m trying to compare the albums remembering my reaction to them in the first few weeks of release. As for comparing singles, I am going to rate folklore assuming exile would be the next single.

Album:
Folklore

Singles:
Reputation (delicate is perhaps the single I played the most)
Folklore
Lover

I feel loved has a fab deal here because I love it also and played / still play it a lot.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Aug 10 2020, 12:12 PM
Post #5
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
Singles and albums are the same for both currently for me:

1. Lover
2. folklore
3. Reputation

Reputation is definitely much lower than the other two though laugh.gif (End Game is a tune though, but I didn't like anything else particularly)

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Aug 10 2020, 01:44 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
Album
folklore
Lover
Singles
folklore

Taylor could essentially release anything from 'folklore' as a single and I would be happy. I don't particularly like most of the single choices on 'reputation' or 'Lover', but 'ME!' will forever be unforgivable.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:09 PM