BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> F1 2019 Driver's Rate Results
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Severin
post 15th May 2019, 10:23 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

QUOTE(dobbo @ May 15 2019, 10:23 PM) *
Of course but by the same token he could be on 8 titles by now! As well as the aforementioned 2016 he was extremely close to winning in his debut season and could have sneaked it in 2010 as well (I recall him being taken out by webber at Singapore that year which massively dented his hopes).

Obviously he has the best car but didn't Schumacher for all those years at Ferrari too? Senna at McLaren, prost at Williams etc. etc.I always consider Fangio the GOAT myself, 4 consecutive titles in 4 different cars in the 50s era, that is the stuff of legends.

No argument with Fangio.

Senna def had best car in 1988/9 but he also had to deal with Prost, Piquet, Mansell, Berger. Even lesser drivers like Brundle, Alesi, Arnoux came with great reputations. Didn't have the best car after that though.

Prost only won 2 of his titles in a clear cut best car and the same Mansell, Senna, Lauda, Piquet point stands

Schumacher's Benetton was the best car in 1994 for certain but the Ferrari of '96 - '00 were not better than the McLaren or williams cars . By '01 to '04 they were the best due in no small part to Schumacher's brilliance at helping develop the car. In short he both earned and helped make that car what it was.

I'm not sold on Hamilton being too important in the Mercedes technical side by comparison and his opposition drivers are not on the same level as Senna, Prost, Mansell, Lauda, Piquest, Hakkinnen, Alonso. Even Villenueve, Frentzen, Button, Montoya, Raikonnen in his prime all trounce the current field by some distance bar a couple of exceptions. I feel the Mercedes is also better than the other cars by a bigger margin than most of the other examples mentioned (not the McLaren '88, Williams '92 and '93 though, they were ridiculously supreme).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 15th May 2019, 10:49 PM
Post #42
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Hamilton only a 5?

Ok, I'm the one to blame for that score, dobbo.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:36 AM