BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gaming News, All the latest...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Oliver
post Aug 19 2018, 07:08 AM
Post #1
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

Rather than make new topics for everything, I thought I'd condense everything I've found whilst browsing the internet into a handy thread. happy.gif

PS. If anyone finds the original gaming news thread we made could you kindly point me in the direct; I've been through the entire Gaming forum three times and can't find it! laugh.gif

Doom Eternal

I'm not sure if anyone here played this (personally I've only seen what Camden has shown me) but the sequel to the very successful reboot of the Doom series has recently been announced by Bethesda. There aren't too many details about this as of yet, but we can gather that the gameplay will be similar to the first and it will be set on both an apocalyptic Earth overrun by the forces of Hell, and Phobos, one of Mars' two moons. If anyone has played the 2016 reboot, you'll recognise a lot of the monsters on offer; additionally though there will be brand new monsters and even some re-imagining of enemies from the original Doom 2!

One new mode which has piqued my interest is Invasion Mode. Looking to jump on the recent shift to mass multiplayer gaming, this mode allows other online players to enter your game as demons, forming a hunting party to track and kill you in a 1 v all gore-fest.

There is no confirmed release date but we can expect this to drop sometime in 2019, and for those with Nintendo Switches, Bethesda have confirmed there will be version for the system, however it may not release at the same time as PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Shenmue 1 & 2 Bundle

For anyone old enough to remember the SEGA Dreamcast, you'll probably remember the classic RPG Action-Adventure title that was set in 1980s Japan, and followed the main character's search for his father's killer. Released in 1999, Shenmue was one of the first games to feature several environment elements, such as variable weather, day and night cycles and also non-playable characters that had their own schedules! It was also the most expensive game ever made at the time of launch (at a whopping $46-70m). ohmy.gif

In the past few days it has been confirmed that a HD remaster of the original Shenmue and Shenmue 2 is being released as a bundle on PS4, Xbox One and PC on Wednesday 21st August. I'm definitely going to be seeing what prices this comes out at, I never owned a Dreamcast but I've always known about the Shenmue games.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Aug 19 2018, 11:32 AM
Post #2
The Lady Said Go Home!
Member No.: 20,835

Doom eternal looks pretty good

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Dec 7 2018, 08:00 AM
Post #3

Crash Team f***ing Racing remaster in 2019!!!!! My life is nearly complete! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Dec 7 2018, 08:03 AM
Post #4

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Dec 7 2018, 08:48 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,585

I AM JUST DEAD AT THAT wub.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Dec 7 2018, 09:18 AM
Post #6
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Wow *.* And it's being released on all consoles simultaneously this time judging by that

I love the revamped maps but some of the characters and 'props' (Nitro Boxes for example) didn't look much different from how they looked 20 years ago tbh

+Quote Post
Defaze
post Dec 7 2018, 11:44 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 17,608
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Oliver @ Dec 7 2018, 08:03 AM) *

I'm so unbelievably happy this actually happened, I always considered it a pipe dream.

No hesitation in saying that Crash Team Racing is my favourite video game of all time. I love that they kept the original 8 roster intact, they've always been so iconic to me. Polar looks adorable as always. wub.gif Secretely hoping they add the likes of Brio/Tawna/Koala Kong into the mix as well (Spyro can rot tho). Apparently there's new tracks included too -- I wouldn't be opposed to them adding ones from Crash Nitro Kart in (I imagine that's the mostly likely scenario, given the 'Nitro' in the title).

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 7 2018, 12:16 PM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

YAASSS, a great kart racer is one of the things the PS4 is really lacking, it'll be so fun online! wub.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 7 2018, 12:55 PM
Post #9
The Lady Said Go Home!
Member No.: 20,835

Omg that looks so good why have two games I didn't expect to come out revealed trailers and get me SHOOK.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:17 PM