BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
28 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mollie King - Strictly Come Dancing Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
IDGANewRules
post 14th October 2017, 11:36 PM
Post #121
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 42,712

QUOTE(Hurricane @ Oct 15 2017, 12:04 AM) *
Hmm Davood is a goner, let's be real.

Jonnie and Gemma are the ones that are stealing the "journey" angle from her.

She really needs to set herself apart from the middlers.

It's hard to know whether or not she's getting another Latin or Ballroom next week. It could go either way. I think she will be much better at Ballroom, so hopefully this is it.

Davood and Charlotte were in the bottom two this week with Charlotte out so maybe.

Hey guys btw! <3
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 15th October 2017, 03:12 AM
Post #122
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512

QUOTE(IDGANewRules @ Oct 14 2017, 11:36 PM) *
Hey guys btw! <3

Welcome to the forum! smile.gif

I think if Mollie can get back into the 30s next week and progress from there, she still stands a good chance of making the finals or at least the semis.

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 15th October 2017, 04:40 AM
Post #123
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262

I still think this was the week to really make a mark on the show and she missed her chance. sleep.gif

It's a bit scary because some of the dances she will have to do in the upcoming weeks are quite a bit tricky.... Charleston could be a challenge for her (unless she gets it for Halloween - so maybe just like Gemma during Movie Week, her lack of technique will be hidden by the performance value), hips action was lacking in her Salsa, so I think she will struggle with the Cha Cha as well. The Samba is a dance everyone fears for some reason. (As far as Latin go, I think she might have a decent Rumba in her. Argentine Tango too. )

The good thing is that her remaining Ballroom could be good : Waltz, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot...and Possibly Quickstep, I'm not sure yet how she will perform in that one.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 15th October 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #124
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Their performance is the fourth most watched on YouTube this week.

+Quote this post
IDGANewRules
post 15th October 2017, 05:24 PM
Post #125
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 42,712

She just needs to do an amazing dance but looking at other series young females often end up in the bottom two. She at least beat Davood in the vote this week which was surprising! ohmy.gif Hunky (very hunky in this case x) men tend to get lots of vote.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 15th October 2017, 05:25 PM
Post #126
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE((Zach) @ Oct 15 2017, 05:27 PM) *
Their performance is the fourth most watched on YouTube this week.

Where has Mollie come in previous weeks in terms of performances?

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 15th October 2017, 05:51 PM
Post #127
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

The Strictly website has listed Mollie's occupation as singer and model. I know she has a lot of fashion lines but that doesn't define her as a model, surely?

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 15th October 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #128
Group icon

QUOTE(SeanmanjiGrey @ Oct 15 2017, 05:51 PM) *
The Strictly website has listed Mollie's occupation as singer and model. I know she has a lot of fashion lines but that doesn't define her as a model, surely?

Not 100% sure, but I think she is signed to a modelling agency...which is enough to be considered a model, I suppose.

QUOTE(SeanmanjiGrey @ Oct 15 2017, 05:25 PM) *
Where has Mollie come in previous weeks in terms of performances?

Mollie gets a lot of traction on YouTube, she's usually in the top half of the most watched performances, even with Ballroom which is surprising (Latin are always MUCH popular).

But, somehow, when BBC Strictly posts her performances on Twitter or Facebook, she's usually in the second half - in fact, quite near the bottom most of the times. So it's quite hard to gauge her popularity properly. ( I can only suggest that everyone takes the time to like and reblog/share her performances if you guys have a Twitter and Facebook account cheer.gif ).

Youtube Views
Week 1: 3rd (Latin)
Week 2: 6th (Ballroom)
Week 3: 6th (Ballroom)
Week 4: 4th (Latin) (but could go 3rd as she's up against Jonnie's Ballroom number)

I do want to point out that Charlotte has managed to be higher than her on Week 2 and 3 based purely on the total wreck her performances were. Now she's out of the competition, so that shouldn't happen anymore.

Next week Mollie has a Viennese Waltz. It could go both ways. Either it's a tad sterile, so it gets something like 27 to 31 and doesn't get much traction on YouTube because it's too 'simple', or she does a truly beautiful and classy number that gets her a good score (32-36) and might give her a lot of views despite the fact that it's Ballroom.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th October 2017, 08:49 PM
Post #129
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

She's defintely better at Ballroom, if she can just do what she did with her American Smooth but improve on it a bit she could get into the early 30s easily which would be solid.

QUOTE(Hurricane @ Oct 15 2017, 12:04 AM) *
Hmm Davood is a goner, let's be real.

I know that now kink.gif Really surprised at him being bottom 2, I had it in my head it might be Mollie when the time went on and she still wasn't safe.

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 15th October 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #130
Group icon

My biggest complaint is that it's hard to properly make your mark on the competition (or at least, the public!) with a Ballroom number - which I think is a shame (I usually prefer those as I find them beautiful). Also, this week was the perfect moment for her to set herself apart, and Week 5 or 6 is a bit too late to do so...

Gemma has been extremely lucky and I think that's why she will get a place in the top 4 and Mollie won't. Gemma had a Charleston during Movie Week and hid the fact she couldn't do swivel with a high-performance value, and a gimmick (Baloo and all) and it really gave her traction that week, and she followed that with a good and intense Paso Doble. It was the perfect one-two punch. Mollie followed a weird Cersei-in-a-country-outfit tribute with a mild Salsa. sad.gif

Look, I'm hoping the Viennese Waltz is beautiful and she gets a good score, but I'm not getting my hopes too high and I have definitely adjusted my expectations now.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 16th October 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #131
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

They need to give Mollie a pop banger to dance too. You know she would come alive then laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 16th October 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #132
Group icon

QUOTE((Zach) @ Oct 16 2017, 10:46 PM) *
They need to give Mollie a pop banger to dance too. You know she would come alive then laugh.gif

I mean, 'Subeme La Radio' is a bop in itself, but I get it.
Funnily enough, they gave Susan a Little Mix song this week. laugh.gif

Strategy-wise, I don't think Mollie needs those. Being in a pop band and being partnered with the youngest pro in the competition, she's already appealing to the much younger audience of the show. So it's nice that she's getting classic (and older) songs that can appeal to a older generation that might not be looking at her otherwise.

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post 18th October 2017, 03:10 AM
Post #133
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I believe Mollie gets 40k instead of 25k if she makes the Top 10, no?

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 18th October 2017, 03:23 AM
Post #134
Group icon

QUOTE((Zach) @ Oct 18 2017, 03:10 AM) *
I believe Mollie gets 40k instead of 25k if she makes the Top 10, no?

I don't know about the exact numbers, but I know they don't give you the big numbers right away as some people would take the cash and just do f*** all and get eliminated first to get out of it.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st October 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #135
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

She did well this week! If only there'd been a fourth judge to replace Bruno in his absence she could have got another 8 or 9 and ended up on a solid 32/33 but 24/30 is very good! I think she's definitely more in her element with more "classy" slow dances but with her personality I'd also love to see her getting a pop banger to dance to.

Same score as Aston this week!! I know he's peaked earlier and is sort of plateauing a bit, but she is definitely going in the right direction.

EDIT: Same score as Gemma too!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 21st October 2017, 07:17 PM
Post #136
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

Gang we need to vote for Mollie tonight. There are two four way ties which has made the points really close. Mollie could be in trouble.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st October 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #137
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

It would be her luck when she has a really good week that she gets caught up in a god knows how many way tie laugh.gif The ties are going to have an interesting effect on the scores when televoting is added, so god knows what'll happen.

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 21st October 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #138
Group icon

I can't believe that the week where she produces an AMAZING piece is the week where :

1) she performs second - which is generally known as "the death slot" (it predicts lots of bottom 2)
2) Shirley undermarks it because Mollie performs too soon in the evening and she doesn't know what a 8 and 9 should be tonight just yet
3) Bruno isn't there to give her a free 9 because he always overmarks everything laugh.gif
4) The week where there are so many ties

She's terribly unlucky.

I'm thinking she's in the bottom 2 tonight. Could be against someone who was really good, in fact.

This post has been edited by Hurricane: 21st October 2017, 08:00 PM

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 21st October 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #139
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

The voting this week was all wrong. Alexandra getting a 7 and Joe getting a 10?! Mollie did beautifully this week, good progression.

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 21st October 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #140
Group icon

It was so gorgeous. wub.gif heart.gif

You know the drill guys, like it, share it, promote it. cheer.gif

This post has been edited by Hurricane: 21st October 2017, 08:51 PM