BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Doctor Who • The Timeless Children, S12E10 | SPOILERS inside
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 1st March 2020, 08:50 PM
Post #21
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(JosephInSpace @ Mar 1 2020, 08:48 PM) *
ALSO

!!!!

omg

Actual title for the special confirmed: Revolution of the Pting ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 1st March 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #22
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Yeh, I’m with Michael re Brendan. I would get it more if he also died as a child but he fell from the cliff after joining the police and so as an adult. I’m guessing the joining the police was the equivalent of joining that Time Lord organisation. I’m guessing that organisation will also be explored more next series? Although is it worth it unless it’s members are still lurking about? SO MANY THOUGHTS.

QUOTE(Limp Brexit @ Mar 1 2020, 08:42 PM) *
UNLESS! The virus limiting the Time Lords to 12 regenerations affected the Doctor too, as thr entire regenerarion virus was based on his genetic code. The Time Lords could then just overwrite the virus code so that he has infinite regenerations again.

Yeh, I guess when they erased his mind and turned him to Hartnell, he turned into a normal Time Lord and altered his regeneration ability or something? Or (very wishy-washy) but he COULD have always regenerated but his belief that he couldn’t held him back and didn’t kickstart the process until... I dunno. It can be added to the list of canon that no longer makes sense despite poor Moffatt’s attempts to protect canon laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 1st March 2020, 08:52 PM
Post #23
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

MAYBE the Timeless Child started off as a pting

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 1st March 2020, 08:56 PM
Post #24
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

This is now canon:

Joanna Lumley is officially the Doctor *.*

+Quote this post
Calum
post 1st March 2020, 08:56 PM
Post #25
Group icon
nabad

With what Joseph's saying, surely that means that Brendan is not actually real and was just a figment of the Doctor's imagination used to cloak the true memories of the Timeless Child? So there'd be no point theorising where he fits into canon?

Or am I being stupid? argh:!!!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st March 2020, 08:59 PM
Post #26
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Correct! Brendan isn't real magic.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 1st March 2020, 09:09 PM
Post #27
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Wowowow. That was quite a lot to take in. I mean I'm not overly surprised at the timeless child being the Doctor, that seemed one of the base theories, but there are quite a few gaps that still exist. Mainly that we can't really be sure if William Hartnell was actually the first Doctor or just a version of them and where did this current journey start? Who actually IS The Doctor and who are her real people. I mean at least it did seem to explain Ruth, but I can certainly see some strong reactions coming to that.

That said, I think it generally answered everything I have, but The Master's intentions remain extremely murky for me, How on Earth did the Master destroy all of Gallifrey with NO ONE regenerating and what reason... that he wasn't special, and the planet has now been completely blown up? That's rather out of proportion, even for a maniac like the Master.

It was a genuinely thrilling and extremely gripping episode overall though. The Doctor truly broken in the Matrix scenes were great, only problem was that it didn't allow a lot of time for processing. We have to process that the Doctor has abandoned her companions and all this new stuff but NOPE in prison on a meteorite ship and the Daleks are back laugh.gif I did wonder what part that old guy played, I thought he would be linked in a stronger way. As it was, he seemed a bit of a walking deus ex machina. I hope the special gives the companions a proper send off (and that they don't stick around x), it really felt like all that foreshadowing of them going didn't lead up to much.

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 1st March 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

ALSO

!!!!

Lmfao at this

Overall, I’m very disappointed the leaks were true BUT I’m not as mad as I thought I’d be, as much as I would really have preferred chibnall to not do all this, I think some of the extreme uproar is slightly unwarranted. Thought the cyber time lords were a bit... meh though, and the fact they were sorted in about 10 minutes just kinda had me asking like why?? But the actual cyberman stuff was all great I have to say, and man those new suits are so sexy I love them. I’m really not mad at the idea of the Doctor being this special individual, cus they’ve always stood apart from the rest of time lord society, but I’m just a little lost at where Omega and Rassilon all fit in? Just please don’t give us any more info on the history of Gallifrey, leave it there PLEASE, and I’m praying that gateway the timeless child came through from initially is not explored either (I’m sure it won’t be tbf, seems pretty purposefully left ambiguous). Just gonna take a long while to get used to the idea of the Doctor not just being a time lord...

Main question I have at the end of all this though is why Ruth’s TARDIS was a police box? Really hoping there’s an explanation somewhere for that

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 1st March 2020, 09:14 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

ALSO

!!!!

PTING

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 1st March 2020, 09:17 PM
Post #30
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

The companions only role in terms of the plot over the two episodes was bringing the Cyberman to Gallifrey and then you could have removed Ryan completely and the story would have been the exact same! laugh.gif

It is kind of annoying that, out of everyone, it’s these three that actually get to step foot on Gallifrey, even if it is the destroyed version.

I’m sure it will play out in the special but it does seem stupid that a series worth of foreshadowing led to nothing.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st March 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #31
Group icon

Ryan's basketball story actually having pay-off though *_*

+Quote this post
Calum
post 1st March 2020, 09:25 PM
Post #32
Group icon
nabad

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 1st March 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Wow.... A lot to process, I did think at one stage somehow that old guy was linked to the Doctor's history in some form. Destroying Gallifrey was a little of a NONO moment.

As for the 3 companions I just hope they tie up the loose ends with them, as I heard Ryan is no longer committed to the show, as he will be appearing in a new TV series stateside.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 1st March 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #34
Group icon
nabad

Honestly, at this point we just need the Daleks to show up in the special, wipe out the three companions in the first 10 seconds then leave the rest to the Doctor.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 1st March 2020, 09:41 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

To be honest this season has been the best so far with Jodie as the Doctor, would have been better though without those 3 companions they got a bit irritating after awhile, one I can deal with but 3 was a bit of a mess as hardly any of them did anything apart from showing up. I just hope the next series Jodie does it on her own without any companions, to give the show a different edge to it without having a companion for a change.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st March 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #36
Group icon

I think the show needs a companion really, if only to ask questions for the Doctor to explain. They're also an audience identification figure in the modern series, I don't believe they'd ever go companion-less, certainly not after having three...!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 2nd March 2020, 11:00 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

should have been a 2-parter, it was rushed and muddlesome.

So, here we go again, The Timelords have been wiped out (again) by a completely mad Master with no grip on reality or subtlety, just pure hatred to the point of killing himself as well as all life in the universe. A bit OTT, especially given (big logic flaw) it's not the only universe (see Doctor as the original Time-Lord from another universe where presumably there must be another race of Time Lords, or else the Doctor is a Messianic one-off of unknown origin. That the power can be duplicated quite easily via genetics suggests there's another race of Time Lords.

I don't have a problem with The Doctor having previous lives, that was the original belief back in the day anyway, and Ruth could easily be a future Doctor - I took every conversation in the Matrix, other than the Master, to be The Doctor talking to herself (she even states she'd got that back), I just don't buy the plot device of hints and clues you have to work out for yourself - if the memory of Ruth is in the Matrix because she's an ex-Doctor then you just say what the solution is and stop pissing about. The Tardis she uses must mean that she is a later version or else we are in the situation of rewriting early episodes.

Suddenly we have no Timelords anymore except that actually we do and have always had Timelords spread across time and space, including The Doctor's grand-daughter, her own clone, multiple versions of The Doctor, and of course in the past before the murders/dalek wars/etc. We have 3 tardises now, including the original.

The companions had a great scene - Graham and Yazz - but I wouldnt be sorry to see them retired/guest slots only. The Doctor in prison, well, not the first time is it? The last time gave us one of the greatest of all Who episodes, so fingers-crossed for a good escape rather than a tedious season of trials (been there done that).

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:17 PM