BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> P!nk's Best Single [RESULTS]
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post 6th June 2019, 05:24 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Pleased to see 'Sober' get that high, it's such a beaut. wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post 7th June 2019, 12:45 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I prefer Sober to Trouble.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 7th June 2019, 03:59 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Whaaaat!!!!

So shocked at some of the results for this!

What About Us deserved top 10!

Agree with who said JGMAR isn’t her best despite it being her highest seller though. I do wish it went to #1 though just so she got an extra singles #1 it would’ve done had it not been for ant and dec!

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 10th June 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
Don’t let me get me
379 points

Released: 19th December 2001
Album: Missundaztood
Peak UK Chart position: 6
17 members voted for this song

Don't Let Me Get Me is a song by American singer Pink. It was released as the second single from her second studio album Missundaztood (2001) in December 2001.
"Don't Let Me Get Me" was generally a success, reaching top ten positions in 14 countries, and became her fifth single to peak inside the top ten US Billboard Hot 100 chart, stalling successfully at number eight and became her first number one on the US Mainstream Top 40 chart. The song became Pink's second consecutive number-one single in New Zealand, and it also reached the top 10 in several other countries, including Australia, Ireland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. The song received positive reviews from music critics, who praised the tone of the song.
A music video promoting the single was filmed and released in December 2001.

Please don’t leave me
401 points

Released: 31st January 2009
Album: Funhouse
Peak UK Chart position: 12
19 members voted for this song

Please Don't Leave Me is a song from American singer Pink and the third single taken from her fifth studio album Funhouse. It was released on January 31, 2009. The song received strong airplay in Australia and New Zealand, as well as being added to the BBC Radio 1 A-List playlist in the UK. The music video for "Please Don't Leave Me" was directed by Dave Meyers and was leaked online, along with the single's cover art, before the song's official announcement as a single. In the United States, the song managed to reach the Top 20, peaking at 17.

U + Ur Hand
411 points

Released: 28th August 2006
Album: I’m Not Dead
Peak UK Chart position: 10

U + Ur Hand is a song by American singer and songwriter Pink. It was lined up as the third single from her fourth studio album I'm Not Dead (2006). It was released on August 28, 2006, and ignited controversy due to its explicit lyrical content and strong language.
The song was written by Pink, Max Martin and Dr. Luke, the same trio who wrote Pink's previous hit single "Who Knew" and the song is also co-written by Rami Yacoub. The two songs eventually became Pink's first two singles to receive Platinum certifications from RIAA, and the first two among a series of hits by Martin and Dr. Luke that followed, including Pink's first solo number-one hit on the Billboard Hot 100, "So What."
"U + Ur Hand" is credited for re-energizing Pink's career in the USA and sales of I'm Not Dead in the country, as the album re-entered the Billboard 200 with the song's success, after weeks out of the chart. It was ranked #29 on Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 2007 chart and peaked at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Pink's seventh Top 10 hit on the chart.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 10th June 2019, 04:52 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I think 'Don't Let Me Get Me' is my favourite single, and 'Please Don't Leave Me' is certainly up there. I think the latter is her best video!

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 10th June 2019, 05:51 PM
Post #46
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Don’t Let Me Get Me should be top 5

+Quote this post
pippa
post 11th June 2019, 07:25 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
QUOTE(T Boy @ Jun 10 2019, 06:51 PM) *
Don’t Let Me Get Me should be top 5

I agree, thankful it made the Top 10.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 12th June 2019, 03:39 AM
Post #48
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jun 11 2019, 12:52 AM) *
I think 'Don't Let Me Get Me' is my favourite single, and 'Please Don't Leave Me' is certainly up there. I think the latter is her best video!

Undoubtedly her best video heart.gif

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 18th June 2019, 02:49 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
So What
416 points

Released: 11th August 2008
Album: Funhouse
Peak UK Chart position: 1
18 members voted for this song

So What is a song recorded by American singer P!nk for her fifth studio album, Funhouse (2008). The song was written by Pink, Max Martin, and Shellback, and produced by Martin. Selected as the album's debut single, "So What" was first released to mainstream radios on August 25, 2008, through LaFace and Zomba Label Group. The song consists of a martial beat and synth backing. The lyrics are based on her separation from motocross racer Carey Hart, which occurred six months prior to the release.
"So What" received generally positive reviews from contemporary music critics; many praised it for its aggressive and empowering nature while others deemed it childish and bratty. The song was also successful commercially, topping the charts in several countries across Europe and Oceania and peaking within the top five worldwide. In the United States, the song reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming her second single to top the chart. "So What" also became her highest selling single in the United States, with sales of over four million downloads.
The music video for "So What" was directed by longtime collaborator Dave Meyers. It shows Pink drinking while riding a lawnmower, sawing down a tree, streaking on a red carpet appearance and other activities. The video also features a cameo appearance from Hart. Pink performed "So What" on MTV Europe Music Awards 2008 on November 6, 2008. The song was nominated for several awards, eventually winning the MTV Europe Music Award for the Most Addictive Track.

Try
456 points

Released: 19th October 2012
Album: The Truth About Love
Peak UK Chart position: 8

Try is a song recorded by American singer Pink, which she released as the second single from her sixth album, The Truth About Love (2012). Written and composed by Busbee and Ben West, and produced by Greg Kurstin, it is a pop song about taking risks with love, no matter the consequences.
"Try" received positive reviews from music critics who noted that it is one of the standout tracks on the album and called it a hit. Commercially, the song was a success, reaching number one in Spain and the top-10 in Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Poland, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States, while reaching the top-20 in most countries. The Floria Sigismondi-directed video features shots of a paint-covered Pink and her male love interest expressing their frustrations through contemporary dance.

Who Knew
459 points

Released: 18th May 2006
Album: I’m Not Dead
Peak UK Chart position: 5
20 members voted for this song

Who Knew is a song by American singer Pink from her fourth studio album I'm Not Dead (2006). Written by Pink, Max Martin and Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, the song was originally released on May 18, 2006, by the LaFace label to radio as the album's second single, but was only a moderate success. After the success of "U + Ur Hand", the song was later successfully re-released in June 2007 as the album's fourth single in the United States. Musically, "Who Knew" is a pop song. Lyrically, it is regarding the loss of a good friend of hers.
Upon its release, "Who Knew" was well received by music critics, who acclaimed it as a solid song on the album and lauded the lyrical content. It faced comparisons for having similarities with Kelly Clarkson's 2004 single "Since U Been Gone", also written by Martin and Dr. Luke. The song was commercially successful worldwide, where it peaked in the top five in countries including Australia, the United Kingdom, and component charts in the United States. In addition, the song is also Pink's longest chart runner on the Hot 100, spending 36 weeks before dropping out. "Who Knew" became one of the songs that helped propel Pink's popularity in the United States, following her decline between 2003 and 2005. The song was later certified Platinum in the United States by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

Just like a pill
483 points

Released: 10th June 2002
Album: Missundaztood
Peak UK Chart position: 1
20 members voted for this song

Just like a Pill is a song by American singer Pink. It was written by Pink and Dallas Austin and produced by the latter for the singer's second studio album, Missundaztood. The lyrics of the song deal with getting out of painful relationships, with a subtheme about drug abuse.[3]
The song was released worldwide as the third single from Missundaztood in June 2002 and was a commercial success, peaking at number eight on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States. It also performed well internationally, becoming her second number-one single in the United Kingdom and reaching the top 10 in, amongst other countries, Ireland, the Netherlands and Sweden.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 19th June 2019, 03:10 AM
Post #50
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
Great winner and top 3!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3