BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

37 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Eurovision Song Contest 2024 · Grand Final, 11/5, 20:00 BST
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
LexC
post 11th May 2024, 09:31 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

I think the crowd that will be mass voting for Israel probably haven't even listened to any of the songs yet (and might still not). I don't think I have the words to describe my feelings at the moment other than a mix of sadness and anger that this whole mess has ruined what's supposed to be one of the most joyful nights on the entertainment calendar - entirely as a result of the EBU's choices. The atmosphere tonight during the voting is going to be absolutely awful - make no mistake, an Israeli win is the end of, if not the contest itself, the version of the contest that it has been up to now.

So yeah, I've had better Eurovision day mornings!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 11th May 2024, 09:44 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I think it's going to be very interesting how the juries vote for Israel. Ideally they would sink it to try and overcome the huge potential televote.
But hopefully Europe can overcome the people mass voting Israel who has others said are probably people voting who won't even watch the show or know 1 other song.
I'm with others, Eurovision in our house has always been about craziness, fun, laugh and light entertainment with a few good songs thrown in that gives a few hours of light entertainment to switch off from the world where tonight is starting to feel the opposite and will serve to remind us of everything that is wrong with the world right now.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 11th May 2024, 09:47 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(LexC @ 11th May 2024, 10:31 AM) *
make no mistake, an Israeli win is the end of, if not the contest itself, the version of the contest that it has been up to now.

So yeah, I've had better Eurovision day mornings!

And that’s the saddest part - views on Israel aside if they want the win that much so that they can pretend Europe supports them then so be it, but like you said the contest will totally change and it will be a fact that the contest is politically motivated in voting rather than something that is brought up each year.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 11th May 2024, 09:49 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Crown_The_Witch. @ 11th May 2024, 10:44 AM) *
I think it's going to be very interesting how the juries vote for Israel. Ideally they would sink it to try and overcome the huge potential televote.

On paper though the Juries should love the Israeli entry - well sung, well staged and something they would typically go for, I can see them awarding it quite well.

If the situation with Israel wasn’t happening I think it would’ve easily been a Top 10 finishing song.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 11th May 2024, 09:58 AM
Post #25
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I am holding onto that it takes an incredible amount of organisation to replicate that far more natural televote result we saw in Ukraine 2022. A 12 on every televote would be an aberration that has to be investigated really. Though I'm still expecting it to come through for all the reasons like positive voting.

I'm just so incredibly angry that despite all of the bad behaviour that the KAN delegation has exhibited, harassing other artists and representing a genocidal state, that Eurovision looks like they'll reward them. For something that will ultimately have nothing to do with the contest, while the spineless EBU continue to enable them. The talk of potentially DSQing Joost when the Israeli delegation has behaved awfully and treated the contest with contempt, spiralling it towards its doom.

Yeah, this should be a fun day. I'm just nervous for tonight now.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th May 2024, 10:11 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

It was a verbal threat not a physical altercation, I think him most likely snapping and saying something in a tense situation is really not something that should be a disqualification when the Israeli delegation have been harassing artists and even the Israeli broadcaster themselves said horrible things about Bambie Thug on the broadcast. A songwriter also said Bambie shouldn’t be breathing and as an anti-Semite. How the f*** is that ok but not whatever Joost did?!

Part of me feels like it’s very convenient that a possible televote winner and one of the biggest anti Israeli voices is suddenly gone from the competition the day before laugh.gif I’ll eat my words if it turns out to be something awful but eh

EDIT: the EBU has confirmed Joost has been disqualified.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th May 2024, 10:26 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(___∆___ @ 11th May 2024, 10:49 AM) *
On paper though the Juries should love the Israeli entry - well sung, well staged and something they would typically go for, I can see them awarding it quite well.

If the situation with Israel wasn’t happening I think it would’ve easily been a Top 10 finishing song.

I’m not 100% with the juries, it’s nothing special if you just evaluate the song. Mon amour is a far better and more striking ballad, not that the juries can only vote for one ballad, and then you’ve The Code which is totally unique and La Noia, which is a slick well performing contemporary pop song which the juries usually love. I don’t think they will tank her or anything but, and maybe I’m naive, I think they could do enough that it could stop her winning.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 11th May 2024, 10:27 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Liаm @ 11th May 2024, 11:11 AM) *
EDIT: the EBU has confirmed Joost has been disqualified.

The biggest hit of this years ESC across Europe about to be Joost

+Quote this post
Hugh Janus
post 11th May 2024, 10:38 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

I'm hoping for an Ireland win!

Israwl really should never have been allowed to compete this year ans it's thrown thw entire competition into disrepute. A qin would be unthinkable.

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 11th May 2024, 10:45 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

Why does everyone think that Israel are going to win? I still think it’s between Croatia and Switzerland.

+Quote this post
152chris
post 11th May 2024, 10:46 AM
Post #31
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

babe wake up italian televote results just dropped

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 11th May 2024, 10:49 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(152chris @ 11th May 2024, 11:46 AM) *
babe wake up italian televote results just dropped

Their statement said they were not correct though

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 11th May 2024, 10:52 AM
Post #33
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

QUOTE(___∆___ @ 11th May 2024, 10:49 AM) *

Incomplete, but that was a statement that took longer to make than it should've. They were scrambling for an explanation.

The Netherlands better boycot next year

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 11th May 2024, 10:55 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,043

Happy Eurovision final day everybody! Just been out for wine and rubbish food so I'm perched already tearsmile.gif

I've resigned myself to the inevitable Israel win.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 11th May 2024, 11:04 AM
Post #35
Group icon
SCREAMING. CRYING. THROWING UP. 😭😭
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

QUOTE(___∆___ @ 11th May 2024, 11:49 AM) *

Well *partially correct, they haven't denied it completely wink.gif

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 11th May 2024, 11:04 AM
Post #36
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

Surely if Israel win though then there basically won’t be a Eurovision next year as everyone will just boycott? A few countries were close to not participating this year and that was just with Israel being allowed to enter.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 11th May 2024, 11:07 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Oliver @ 11th May 2024, 12:04 PM) *
Surely if Israel win though then there basically won’t be a Eurovision next year as everyone will just boycott? A few countries were close to not participating this year and that was just with Israel being allowed to enter.

Honestly I think there is a real threat of that being a reality - political views aside many countries/participants won’t want to be caught up in any drama or backlash.

Let the EBU try and deal with that.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 11th May 2024, 11:14 AM
Post #38
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

If the EBU are willing to make their bed, I'm happy to let them. I don't want any part of a Eurovision 2025 hosted by Israel at this moment.

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 11th May 2024, 11:16 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

QUOTE(___∆___ @ 11th May 2024, 12:07 PM) *
Honestly I think there is a real threat of that being a reality - political views aside many countries/participants won’t want to be caught up in any drama or backlash.

Let the EBU try and deal with that.

I think the same, if Israel win, Eurovision is doomed next year as I couldn't see beyond 10 countries entering.

+Quote this post
simonf
post 11th May 2024, 11:17 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,472

What a mess, but may be as the Netherlands are gone that could help Croatia possibly? Many said Netherlands and Croatia would split the vote so that won't happen now.

Does anyone dare make any predictions about tonight? I can't call it at all and noticed no-one has done any predictions in the normal thread yet. Even if Israel win the televote, is it really going to get 400+ points like Ukraine? Certainly could get over 300 but I'm not convinced all countries will them their 12 points but who knows. It will literally depend on what the juries do. Some will boycott them but others will give them some points although I can't see them getting many 10/12s. The voting is going to be quite tense either way. I dread to think what will happen in the audience if Israel win it to be honest.

+Quote this post

37 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 14th June 2024, 03:32 AM