BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spain · Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Barei - Say Yay!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post 30th November 2015, 06:41 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Spain
Barei - Say Yay!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 30th November 2015, 06:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon

The Spanish portal eurovision-spain.com has completed an internal vote with the Spanish fans’ favorites as the country’s entrant next year in Stockholm. The three top choices are men solo artists. Other names can be read in the list, too.

The three top artists in the vote held by eurovision-spain.com to shortlist the best choices for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 are Pablo López, Xuso Jones and Álvaro Soler. The band Mago de Öz and the singer Virginia Maestro also show up among the possible choices.

Pablo López is the fan’s favorite. We learned from the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia of the short reply that the artist posted on Twitter (Thank you very much, really) when replying to one of his followers who asked about the result of the vote.

Pablo López has released his second studio album El mundo y los amantes inocentes. In an interview for eurovision-spain.com the artist stated that representing Spain is a risky responsibility, and was I to go, I’d do it with no playback, no fireworks, just music.

The vote’s runner-up Xuso Jones has clearly claimed that he feels fully ready to represent Spain and to start working in a project with no improvisation, with plenty of preparation and work to build up the perfect entry.

Álvaro Soler ended third in the voting. He stepped into fame with his song featuring Jennifer López, El mismo sol. To eurovision-spain.com he said that he has not given a thought to participating in the Eurovision Song Contest, but you never know. It would be great too to participate as a song’s author for another artist.

This is the choice of the fans, and no official statement or announcement has been made by the Spanish broadcaster TVE so far.

http://esctoday.com/106239/spain-the-spani...-for-stockholm/

Spain have been very consistent with great entries since 2011 (a shame the ESDM girl couldn't sing live for shit) so I have HIGH HOPES for next year.

Edurne was fucking robbed of a top 10 place though! Her song, her perf, her dancer!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 30th November 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

I read on ESC Nation that "according to the website Bluper (they leaked the Edurne rumour last year), Mago de Öz are one of the candidates and it seems that TVE is willing to accept as they have a record label behind them".

They seem to be a rock band! no.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 18th December 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Apparently TVE are announcing their plans today with the most likely outcome being a national final along the lines of 2014, with potential participants including Xuso Jones with a Swedish-produced song and María Isabel - the winner of the 2004 Junior Eurovision contest (the one where Cory Spedding finished 2nd for the UK! heart.gif).

Not sure if María still has any popularity in Spain, but her latest single is decent! Wikipedia tells me it's her first proper single in a few years, but in the 2000s she had 4 top 5 albums (3 of which were #1) in Spain on the back of her Eurovision win.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 18th December 2015, 12:40 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Confirmation from TVE that it will be a national final consisting of 6 entries, the artists will be announced in the next few days!

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 18th December 2015, 12:53 PM
Post #6
Group icon

The more national finals the better! cheer.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 28th December 2015, 04:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon

The six acts competing in the Spanish national final are being announced by RTVE tomorrow between 10:30 and 13:00 CET. A different artist every 30 minutes.

Some names that are floating about with fans are Raúl Gómez, Xuso Jones, Maverick, Jorge González and Brequette.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 28th December 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I'm just hoping for María Isabel, I love a Junior Eurovision connection!

+Quote this post
LexC
post 29th December 2015, 02:33 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

The names have been released and Ryan's bae María Isabel is in the line up along with Xuso Jones (with the obligatory Swedish written song), Salvador Beltran, Maverick, Electric Nana and Barei

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 29th December 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Xuso Jones: "Very international", "something new, uptempo, hard-hitting and original". Songwriters, Andreas Öhrn and Peter Boström.
Salvador Beltrán: "full of optimism, shows Europe the cheerful spirit of Spaniards". Songwriters, Salvador Beltrán and Miguel Ángel Arenas "Capi".
Maverick: Danceable, electro-latino. Songwriters, Juan Magán, Darlyn Cuevas "DCS" and Luiggi Giussepe Olivares.
María Isabel: "Very danceable, very fresh", Songwriter: David Santisteban.
Electric Nana: Indie pop, "if my song was a person you would hang out with it".
Barei: "Pop song of electronic base and very contemporary". Songwriters, Barei, Rubén Villanueva and Víctor Púa Vivó.

Xuso is considered the clear favourite being the most well-known name and having the Swedish-written song. He looks very similar to Eric Saade too! Looks like every song in this final is mid-tempo to up-tempo, Xuso, María and Electric Nana's descriptions have me most excited. Maríá's song is written by the same guy who wrote the song I posted a few posts ago so that's promising!

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 29th December 2015, 06:10 PM
Post #11
Group icon

Not Electric Nana of Sandeborg BJSC fame!

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 18th January 2016, 02:09 PM
Post #12
Group icon

The date for the NF and 30 seconds snippets of each song are being announced tomorrow, with the full songs released on Wednesday at 17:00 (I assume CET).

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 19th January 2016, 01:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon

30 second snippets are out, listen here.

The national final will take place on 1st February at 22:30 CET.

Maria Isabel's song is already out in full

This post has been edited by AdamAloud: 19th January 2016, 01:48 PM

+Quote this post
LexC
post 19th January 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Xuso's sounds like it's from the MF reject pile's own reject pile.

Maria Isabel is the only one of those that stands out to me.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 19th January 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Ooh pleased that María is going with that song, would love her to win and I think she must have a chance. Xuso does sound very Melodifestivalen, quite David Lindgren actually, interested to hear the full thing. Haven't listened to the rest yet so will probably wait for the full versions tomorrow!

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 19th January 2016, 11:58 PM
Post #16
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

Barei to win.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 20th January 2016, 07:29 AM
Post #17
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

not sure i will be backing anyone to win this year eh

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 20th January 2016, 03:31 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I'm going to watch the live webcast of the songs reveal in half an hour as I'm not going to be around on that Monday night! So this will have to be the equivalent to the national final for me. I already know Maria's song in full of course, but most excited to listen to Xuso and Barei's songs in full out of the others.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 20th January 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Salvador and Maverick's songs are typical Latin songs so they are both nice yet unspectacular. Barei and Electric Nana have modern pop songs, Electric Nana reminds some of early Veronicas with her song looking at comments. That said I'm not sure I can see Spain picking such un-Spanish songs.

Xuso is exactly as you'd expect, very good, very Swedish, nearly entirely in English though. And then we have Maria who is the strongest for me, but has had the benefits of many listens.

I'd expect a race between Xuso and Maria as we expected when the names first came out, hopefully the two typical Latin songs cancel each other out.

All the songs are here: http://www.rtve.es/television/eurovision/

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 20th January 2016, 05:44 PM
Post #20
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

Xuso is the 'BUY IN A SWEDE' trend at its MOST REDUCTIVE

G'WON MARIA