BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BRIT Awards 2019, Has Kylie been nominated?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 13th January 2019, 10:37 AM
Post #21
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ Jan 13 2019, 07:50 AM) *
Did say it was all about sales......

She had a fantastic year. But sales do help to show popularity and liking for something
She also had a number 1 album
Also was well received critically
Co-wrote every song
Had visibility in the UK and always supports the Brits with appearances etc
If she had been 25-35 then she would have eased to a nomination.

The Brits trying to be fashionable.

I mean to have Lily allen as a best British female nominations also shows poor choice and her album tanked straight away hardly anyone bought at all
You've literally only spoken about success/sales lmao. Lily Allen's album, again, was really, incredibly well received by critics. It even got a Mercury Music Prize nomination... it's actually a little surprising she didn't get an "Album Of the Year" nomination. It doesn't matter how long it stayed in the charts for or how many people bought their albums etc..

Pretty sure age isn't an issue with the Brits. Haven't they nominated older people before?

You're just trying to find excuses and your criticism is only coming back to "but she sold double of at least 2 of these artists" or "their albums tanked"... success does not mean they get automatically nominated.

Like I said they're a panel of critics and judges. If you look at many of the end of year 2018 album reviews you'll see the critics favouring the likes of Janelle, Christine and Lily a lot more.

Basically, she was just VERY unlucky and unfortunate to have been around in a ridiculously strong year for International Female.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 13th January 2019, 12:42 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Of course it would have been great for Kylie to get a nomination but she was up against a strong set of females. Not overly disappointed though she’s had an epic year with 2019 looking to be just as successful.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 13th January 2019, 01:34 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

The people in a Kylie fan group on Facebook I'm part of are going MENTAL over this, it's quite a spectacle.

Shame though. sad.gif I'm happy for Janelle, rooting for her!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 13th January 2019, 03:24 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

It is a big shame that Kylie wasn't nominated but I do have to admit that's a solid selection of nominations. I'd say Kylie should have had a nom over Camila though; Havana was massive but the era just lost momentum after Never Be the Same at the start of last year. Kylie's era may not have had the same sort of commercial impact but the era consistently delivered throughout the year.

I'm very pleased about Janelle's nomination. She easily had one of the Top 5 most critically praised albums of the year. I imagine Ariana will take the win but I'd like Janelle to make a shock win.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 13th January 2019, 04:41 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

Kylie had a good year but didn't have the continued commercial success like Ariana and Cardi B, nor the critics love like Janelle or Christine. So I get it.

I would have swapped out Camila (who outside of Havana, from 2017, had a limp year) for Kacey Musgraves. Janelle and Kacey had the most acclaimed albums of the year. Robyn wasn't far off either. It's a competitive year.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: 13th January 2019, 04:42 PM

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 13th January 2019, 06:06 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jan 13 2019, 01:34 PM) *
The people in a Kylie fan group on Facebook I'm part of are going MENTAL over this, it's quite a spectacle.

Shame though. sad.gif I'm happy for Janelle, rooting for her!

Yes far too much hysteria in all the groups I’m part of - she had a fantastic year but so did many others, I’m actually not mad at artists at the start of their careers getting a nomination over Kylie who’s 30 years in to hers and still successful with or without a nomination. A nomination would have given Golden a brief boost but tbh she doesn’t need it - the album performed solidly and run the full length of the campaign so a Brits nomination would have been an added bonus.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 13th January 2019, 06:37 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jan 13 2019, 04:41 PM) *
I would have swapped out Camila (who outside of Havana, from 2017, had a limp year) for Kacey Musgraves. Janelle and Kacey had the most acclaimed albums of the year. Robyn wasn't far off either. It's a competitive year.

Good point about Kacey, I remember her and Kylie's albums were compared a lot and most seemed to prefer Kacey's.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 7th February 2019, 09:58 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

Pink gets Outstanding Achievement award.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 7th February 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ Feb 7 2019, 09:58 AM) *
Pink gets Outstanding Achievement award.

I am happy for Pink to win this award as i am a fan of her and her music.
That said, i feel this should have been the year Kylie was awarded Outstanding Achievement award.
It would have been a wonderful way to mark her 30th anniversary in the industry and especially when Kylie has just completed a successful era with Golden.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 8th February 2019, 12:21 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Ya this year would have been a great year but hopefully kylie is awarded it some year.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 12:52 AM