BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mulan | 2020, Live action
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jul 7 2019, 04:30 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

This looks amaze. Apparently none of the songs are gonna be in it, but that's ok. sad.gif

Doesn't look as Disney as people would think!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Jul 7 2019, 05:35 PM
Post #2
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Perfect so far!

+Quote this post
Alex!
post Jul 7 2019, 06:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,983
This looks really good! I'm a bit disappointed about the omission of the songs but it still looks great nonetheless!

+Quote this post
giannyorfino
post Aug 22 2019, 08:25 AM
Post #4
Group icon
G.O
User: 85,830
One of my favorite animated movie of all time. But so much backlash lately.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Sep 16 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I adore the animated one! I am slightly disappointed there isn't the songs and Mushu etc however I'll give it a go for what it is.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Aug 4 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #6
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
Coming to Disney+ on Sept 4th!

I'm very excited but I feel really bad for the team that this won't be releasing theatrically, especially one which looks quite epic

EDIT: Oh it's a rental thing, I wasn't expecting that - just confirmed for the USA currently

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Aug 4 2020, 09:36 PM
Post #7
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
$30?!?!!

I was about to express sympathies as it’s a film that looks like it needs the cinema experience but, after seeing they’re charging $30 on top of the Disney+ subscription fee, I can’t imagine it’s going to attract many people.

I know it’s a tough call but I hope that’s not a sign of the next few months for film releases.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Aug 4 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #8
Group icon
It'll be on pirating sites within hours, I really think they should've held this one back.

+Quote this post
kye
post Aug 5 2020, 12:25 AM
Post #9
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
it’s the most ridiculous thing because if it was a reasonable price (say $9.99) they’d get people who could justify that for a new release movie they can watch at home.

if they’d perhaps half the cost of the movie to disney+ subscribers, that may entice some but $30 would leave a rather sour taste considering you’re already paying for the disney+ subscription. it’s going to lead to piracy, which is a shame.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Aug 5 2020, 07:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
It's a strange decision but I guess they must have done their costing and analysts to see this as a profit turner. I think people will pay the money - its primarily aimed at families and if you were to go to the cinema on a Friday night, it would cost $35-45. It's not the same experience, but I think families would be willing to pay it in the short term. Kind of puts the knife in cinemas re-opening in the US in 2020 for the big states which is where the gains are made..

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Aug 6 2020, 04:21 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
I can genuinely see this becoming the beginning of the end of cinema sad.gif I really REALLY hope not

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Aug 6 2020, 06:06 PM
Post #12
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
I don't think I'd go that far, although I can't see (m)any massive releases making it this year. There's just no alternative at the moment, but my sister works in the industry and has said there are many films that are still in production, Christopher Nolan is pretty adamant to release his new film in cinemas for one and probably won't be persuaded otherwise. Streaming will ofc. benefit hugely from this, but they'll always be an audience for those that prefer to go to the cinema, it doesn't make anywhere near as much money for the creators putting a film on streaming for one.

That price is absurd, and just to RENT?! I won't be bothering, and I imagine it'll be leaked onto a pirate site soon anyway. Not the best year for Disney oop.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Aug 6 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Aug 6 2020, 07:06 PM) *
I don't think I'd go that far, although I can't see (m)any massive releases making it this year. There's just no alternative at the moment, but my sister works in the industry and has said there are many films that are still in production, Christopher Nolan is pretty adamant to release his new film in cinemas for one and probably won't be persuaded otherwise. Streaming will ofc. benefit hugely from this, but they'll always be an audience for those that prefer to go to the cinema, it doesn't make anywhere near as much money for the creators putting a film on streaming for one.

That price is absurd, and just to RENT?! I won't be bothering, and I imagine it'll be leaked onto a pirate site soon anyway. Not the best year for Disney oop.

It will leak, but I don't think it will harm profits too much. Technically all streaming shows are leaked and it doesn't seem to harm any profits. If you want to watch it in the full experience it will had to get it in 4K. It's a real shame for cinemas as they don't have any movies to attract people back there yet and certainly in September I feel there needs to be a big release to keep them ticking over..

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 6 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #14
Group icon
It's not to rent I don't think, is it? I think they get it to keep. But that's still an absurd price!

+Quote this post
Nightcrawler
post Aug 8 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #15
Group icon
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
User: 1,109
I agree that it is very expensive (though do we know how much it's going to be in the UK yet?) but I think you have to weigh up the cost of a cinema visit these days. My friend and I go together quite regularly and between the cinema itself, drinks, snacks and going for dinner (because that has to be done to complete the experience of course!), it definitely works out at more than £30 for the pair of us.

I'll wait to see the exact UK cost, but I probably will end up paying for it...

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Aug 25 2020, 10:50 AM
Post #16
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Announced for a UK release on Disney+ as well, costing £20.

There doesn’t seem to be news of it coming to cinemas here which is a huge shame. As I said, it’s a film that looks destined for the cinema so it would feel wrong if it doesn’t get that chance. I’m sure all studios will be focused as to how Tenet performs

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post Aug 25 2020, 07:25 PM
Post #17
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830
I actually feel like Disney have well and truly screwed cinemas over with this.

What would be the harm in a billion dollar company putting it out to cinemas for a bit (bearing in mind they were also advertising it, via trailers, pre-lockdown) to give them a bit of a helping hand? Or at least giving the option of what experience customers would like?

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Aug 26 2020, 07:09 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
£20 is ridiculous, especially when you already pay a subscription fee.

Especially since I assume you have to continue to subscribe in order to keep it seeing as Disney+ doesn’t have a hard drive.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Aug 29 2020, 08:08 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Coming to Disney+ for all subscribers on December 4th!

(Which is a lot sooner than I thought it would be)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 29 2020, 09:02 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Is that officially announced or is it some kind of "leak"?

I don't get why they'd announce that and potentially throw buyers off? laugh.gif I'll just wait until December... but I'd definitely go and see it at the cinema! sad.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:42 AM