BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marvel: Phase 4+
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jul 21 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

So the huge news coming out of Comic Con this weekend is Marvel's movie slate for Phase 4!

Here is what we know:

Black Widow [1st May 2020 (US)]

Directed by: Cate Shortland (Somersault)

Starring: Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh (Fighting With My Family/Midsommar), David Harbour (Stranger Things), Rachel Weisz (The Favourite), O-T Fagbenle (The Handmaid's Tale)

---
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier [FALL 2020 (US) | DISNEY+ TV SHOW]

Starring: Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan

---
The Eternals [6th Nov 2020 (US)]

Directed by: Chloé Zhao (The Rider)

Starring: Angelina Jolie (Maleficent), Richard Madden (Game Of Thrones), Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick), Lauren Ridloff (The Walking Dead), Brian Tyree Henry (Widows/If Beale Street Could Talk), Salma Hayek (The Hitman's Bodyguard), Lia McHugh (The Lodge), Dong-seok Ma (Train To Busan)

---
Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings [12th February 2021 (US)]

Directed by: Destin Daniel Cretton (The Glass Castle)

Starring: Awkwafina (Crazy Rich Asians), Simu Liu (Fresh Off the Boat), Tony Leung (The Grandmaster)

---
WandaVision [SPRING 2021 (US) | DISNEY+ TV SHOW]

Starring: Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany

---
Loki [SPRING 2021 (US) | DISNEY+ TV SHOW]

Starring: Tom Hiddleston

---
Doctor Strange in the MultiVerse of Madness [12th February 2021 (US)]

Directed by: Scott Derrickson (Doctor Strange)

Starring: Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen

---
What If...? [SUMMER 2021 (US) | DISNEY+ TV SHOW]

Starring: Chris Evans, Hayley Atwell (VOICES)

---
Hawkeye [FALL 2021 (US) | DISNEY+ TV SHOW]

Starring: Jeremy Renner

---
Thor: Love & Thunder [5th November 2021 (US)]

Directed by: Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok)

Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tessa Thompson

Also announced, but no dates as of yet (so we're all assuming these dates and things will be announced at D23 (pretty much a Comic Con for Disney only things)):

- Black Panther 2
- Blade (Mahershala Ali)
- Captain Marvel 2
- Fantastic Four (No cast as of yet)
- Guardians Of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Spider-Man 3

18th February 2022 - UNTITLED
6th May 2022 - UNTITLED
29th July 2022 - UNTITLED

These are dates that have been given to us prior to the event anyway. Anyone want to guess what they are? biggrin.gif

But overall... VERY EXCITING THINGS ARE COMING. What are you all excited for? Anyone gonna be watching any of the TV series? I'm surprised that they're actually a part of Phase 4 and weren't announced as separate entities!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nightcrawler
post Jul 21 2019, 09:35 PM
Post #2
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,109

Very excited for all of this.

Black Widow - not sure when this is set. One friend told me that this was an origin story and another said it was set after Civil War. Really hope it's the latter - can't cope with another origin story!
Shang-Chi - we're finally going to see the Mandarin in all his glory, rather than the awful version in Iron Man 3. Apparently, there have been clues to the 10 rings throughout the MCU so far, so I'll be interested to see how they link it all together.
Dr Strange 2 - so thrilled that Wanda is in this and I'm pretty sure that WandaVision will lead directly into it. It's also meant to be a horror film.
Thor 4 - should be good but I'm not keen on the title. I hope they change it before it's released. Apparently, Natalie Portman will be playing Lady Thor.

I'm off to the D23 expo in LA this summer and I'm hoping we get some more news and trailers from Marvel then.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 21 2019, 09:38 PM
Post #3

I'm gonna guess:

18th February 2022 - BLACK PANTHER 2 [Phase 4]
6th May 2022 - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 [Phase 5]
29th July 2022 - FANTASTIC FOUR [Phase 5]

(With Blade in Feb 2023 [Phase 5], Captain Marvel 2 in May 2023 [Phase 5] & Spider-Man 3 in July 2023 [Phase 5])

---

'Eternals' cast looks phenomenal! I'm SO excited to see Richard Madden take on a Superhero role. 'Black Widow' being set after Civil War seems like a random time to set it... but there are reports that there are Budapest scenes and things so we'll be getting flashbacks I assume. Very excited for the 'What If...?' series. Will be interesting to see alternate stories to storylines we already know and love.

Kevin Feige has stated that 'Blade' WON'T be "phase 4" and has said that there will be no Avengers/team up movies in P4 either as it's all about "new beginnings"!

AAAHHHHHH!!!! SO EXCITING!

+Quote Post
Nightcrawler
post Jul 21 2019, 09:41 PM
Post #4

I think I'd swap Guardians 3 and Black Panther 2 around but agree with Fantastic 4. I just can't wait for the X-Men to appear in the MCU.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 21 2019, 09:44 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Nightcrawler @ Jul 21 2019, 10:35 PM) *
Very excited for all of this.

Black Widow - not sure when this is set. One friend told me that this was an origin story and another said it was set after Civil War. Really hope it's the latter - can't cope with another origin story!
Shang-Chi - we're finally going to see the Mandarin in all his glory, rather than the awful version in Iron Man 3. Apparently, there have been clues to the 10 rings throughout the MCU so far, so I'll be interested to see how they link it all together.
Dr Strange 2 - so thrilled that Wanda is in this and I'm pretty sure that WandaVision will lead directly into it. It's also meant to be a horror film.
Thor 4 - should be good but I'm not keen on the title. I hope they change it before it's released. Apparently, Natalie Portman will be playing Lady Thor.

I'm off to the D23 expo in LA this summer and I'm hoping we get some more news and trailers from Marvel then.
Yeah BW is set after Civil War (I assume we'll be getting flashbacks as there have been reports that they mentioned Budapest will feature).
Shang-Chi is actually the one I'm most looking forward to (after Thor 4), due to believing that it'll be the most different MCU Superhero movie yet I think.
DS2 that's interesting that it'll be a horror movie! I hope you're right and YEEEESSSS at Wanda!
Thor 4 should be v interesting. Taika is one of my fave directors and his style is exactly my thing. I'm interested to see how this whole Jane arc is gonna pan out. Especially seeing as Chris Hemsworth will be in this too!

VERY jealous. OMG. Have a blast and I really hope you get more info. Hopefully a Black Widow teaser trailer will premiere then, considering the date for it!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Jul 21 2019, 09:45 PM
Post #6
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Scarlet Witch stans, we’re eating good tonight! cheer.gif cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 21 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Nightcrawler @ Jul 21 2019, 10:41 PM) *
I think I'd swap Guardians 3 and Black Panther 2 around but agree with Fantastic 4. I just can't wait for the X-Men to appear in the MCU.
You see. I feel like they're not gonna change BP2 release date seeing as it worked magnificently for them the first time, being "Black History Month" and all that. I think Guardians has always had an early-mid Summer release too and I feel like Disney will be really confident in that movie taking the Avengers slot.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 21 2019, 11:55 PM
Post #8

Can I just say that, Mahershala Ali cast as Blade is such a great choice? I actually can't think of anyone better for the role.

+Quote Post
post Jul 22 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 21 2019, 10:38 PM) *
Kevin Feige has stated that 'Blade' WON'T be "phase 4" and has said that there will be no Avengers/team up movies in P4 either as it's all about "new beginnings"!

Doctor Strange 2 is a team up though! I'm very excited for that, Thor and Black Widow.

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Jul 22 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think Fantastic Four will be introduced that early so I image 2022 to be

Feb - Black Panther 2
May - Guardians 3
Jul - Spider-Man 3

I do love the Blade casting but I'm a little disappointed that it all but confirms the Netflix shows are going to be completely ignored now as Ali also (marvellously) played Cottonmouth in Luke Cage.

This post has been edited by LewisGT: Jul 22 2019, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jul 22 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #11
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(LewisGT @ Jul 22 2019, 04:43 PM) *
I don't think Fantastic Four will be introduced that early so I image 2022 to be

Feb - Black Panther 2
May - Guardians 3
Jul - Spider-Man 3
I do love the Blade casting but I'm a little disappointed that it all but confirms the Netflix shows are going to be completely ignored now as Ali also (marvellously) played Cottonmouth in Luke Cage.

The Netflix shows were always ignored though. Plus I suspect they will eventuall bring back Daredevil. I also think the casting of Blade is fantastic.

I'm not so down for the TV shows having such a big impact on the future of Marvel though.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 22 2019, 06:08 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(365 @ Jul 22 2019, 04:30 PM) *
Doctor Strange 2 is a team up though! I'm very excited for that, Thor and Black Widow.
Oops. I meant big ensemble units from groups that have been established (like Avengers/Guardians etc..) movies.

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Jul 24 2019, 06:31 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I just want the xmen omg I can’t wait

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Jul 24 2019, 06:57 PM
Post #14
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Member No.: 2

Also Venom 2 has been announced 2 October 2020

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jul 24 2019, 07:01 PM
Post #15
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

... which isn’t MCU

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 25 2019, 03:59 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Love Scarlet Witch. Mahershala is a fab actor. Disappointed there will be no team-up movies, there are enough super-heroes to have them still, they don;t have to be world-saving/universe=saving.

Off to London Film & Comic Con Saturday, hoping they have stuff there. The guest list of actors is amazing, hoping not to meet any of my heroes personally as I just turn into a babbling gushing fanboy and it's excruciating for anyone to see laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Logan987
post Jul 26 2019, 07:57 AM
Post #17
New Entry
Member No.: 89,544
   No Gallery Pics

I like Marvel movies.

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Jul 26 2019, 07:57 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

I hope all these movies will deliver.

+Quote Post
Nightcrawler
post Jul 28 2019, 07:29 AM
Post #19

I've been reading this page to find out more about the 10 Rings in the Shang-Chi film. Very worried that they sound a bit too similar to Infinity Stones unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 24 2019, 07:24 PM
Post #20

D23 (Disney Comic Con basically) has revealed:

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 21 2019, 10:46 PM) *
You see. I feel like they're not gonna change BP2 release date seeing as it worked magnificently for them the first time, being "Black History Month" and all that. I think Guardians has always had an early-mid Summer release too and I feel like Disney will be really confident in that movie taking the Avengers slot.
I was wrong and they have in fact given Black Panther 2 "The Avengers" slot and that's got the May 2022 release date.

---

The Marvel What-If series has given us images of Peggy Carter as Captain Britain and Steve Rogers as a zombie as we see Bucky fight him on the train. There will be 23 episodes apparently and each one will be a different alternate version of each movie in the MCU!

---

I am also 95% sure we'll be seeing a teaser trailer for Black Widow very soon! Footage of that has leaked (although only 4 seconds - and apparently it cuts off right before we see Taskmaster!)

---

We have 3 new shows announced for Disney+ streaming service:

- Ms Marvel
- Moon Knight
- She Hulk

Very excited!

---

Kit Harrington has been in talks to take on a huge role and it's confirmed he definitely ISN'T Wolverine (Thank GOD). We don't need that bore sucking the life out of Wolverine.

---

The event is still going on so any more info and I shall try and summarise what we know!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:28 PM