BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ultimate Dannii Discography
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Dannyboy
post Apr 6 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 632
   No Gallery Pics

Dannii Discography

Love and Kisses is the international debut studio album by Australian pop singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by MCA Records on June 3, 1991 in the United Kingdom. It contains a very similar track listing to the Australian debut album Dannii and was issued with different artwork and additional tracks. In November 1991, the album was remixed and reissueed worldwide as Love and Kisses and in August 1991, the album was certified gold in the UK, and its reissue has sold over 60,000 copies.

Chart Stats

UK - 8 (GOLD)
Australia - 24

Track listing

"Love and Kisses" (Dancin' Danny D 7" remix) (Alvin Moody) - 3:27
"$ucce$$" (Bruce Forest 7" remix) (Minogue, Moody) - 3:40
"So Hard To Forget" (Gale, Hairston) - 5:14
"Party Jam" (Bell, Isles, Moody) - 3:35
"Attitude" (Moody) - 5:08
"Work" (Bell, Dukes, Isles, Moody) - 4:26
"Jump to the Beat" (Narada Michael Walden, Lisa Walden) - 4:04
"Call to Your Heart" (Edited version) (Arderley, Moody) - 5:32
"I Don't Wanna Take This Pain" (Original version) (Bell, Isles, Moody) - 4:344:51
"Love Traffic" (Minogue, Moody) - 5:59
"Baby Love" (Original version) (Stephen Bray, Kessler, Richards) - 4:41
"True Lovers" (Dancin' Danny D remix) (Bell, Moody) - 4:34

Love & Kisses

"Love and Kisses" is a pop–dance song written by Alvin Moody for Dannii Minogue's debut album Dannii (1990). Produced by Dancin' Danny D, it received a mixed reception from music critics. It was released as Minogue's debut single in the first quarter of 1990 in Australia and reached number four, remaining on the singles chart for fifteen weeks, and was certified gold for sales of 60,000 copies. The following year, "Love and Kisses" was released worldwide on March 18, 1991 and reached number eight in the United Kingdom.

Chart Stats

In February 1990, "Love and Kisses" was released in Australia. The song became Minogue's first top ten single when it debuted at number forty on the singles chart before peaking at number four six weeks later. It spent a total of fifteen weeks on the chart and was certified gold for sales of 60,000 copies three months after its release.

Outside of Australia, the song was released as a single the following year. In the United Kingdom, "Love and Kisses" debuted at number thirty-three on the singles chart, before climbing the chart to number eight four weeks later. Spending eight weeks in the top seventy-five, the song has become one of Minogue's most successful single releases in the UK. At the end of 1991, the song became the ninety-ninth best-selling single of the year.

UK Chart Run - 31-15-10-8-11-18-25-42 (8 weeks)

Australia - 4 (GOLD)
UK - 8 (GOLD)
Japan - 14
NewZealand - 15
Ireland - 22

Success

"Success" is a pop–dance song written by Australian singer Dannii Minogue and Alvin Moody for Minogue's debut album Love and Kisses (1991). The song was produced by Moody and Vincent Bell and received a mixed reception from music critics. It was originally released in 1990 as a second single in Australia. It was remixed and released as the second single in the spring of 1991 and reached the top-twenty in Ireland and the United Kingdom, becoming Minogue's second top twenty single. In Australia the song charted within the top forty. "Success" is notable for being the first song Minogue co-wrote.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 21-11-11-11-21-45-75 (7 weeks)

UK - 11
Ireland - 15
Australia - 28

Jump to the beat

"Jump to the Beat" is a pop–dance song written by Narada Michael Walden and Lisa Walden. It was originally performed by Stacy Lattisaw and covered by Australian singer Dannii Minogue on her debut album Love and Kisses (1991). The song was produced by Les Adams, Emma Freilich, and Andy Whitmore and received a mixed reception from music critics. It was released as the third single in the third quarter of 1991 and reached the top-five in Ireland and the top-ten in the United Kingdom, and became Minogue's second top ten single. In Australia the song did not perform as well, charting outside the top-forty. In North America, the single was released as Minogue's debut release in November 1991; however, it failed to generate much interest outside of the United Kingdom and Australia.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 14-8-14-21-43-63 (6 weeks)

Ireland - 5
UK - 8
Australia - 48

Baby Love

"Baby Love" is a pop–dance performed by Australian singer Dannii Minogue for her debut album Love and Kisses (1991). The song was original written by Stephen Bray and released by dance artist Regina Richards in a more R&B musical style. Minogue recorded her version for the European release of her album and its original pop mix can be found on its single release. The song was produced by Les Adams, Emma Freilich and Andy Whitmore. The remix by Steve 'Silk' Hurly was released as the fourth single in the fourth quarter of 1991. It reached the top-twenty in Ireland and the United Kingdom, becoming Minogue's fourth top twenty single. In Australia, the song charted within the top thirty. The remixes of the song done by Steve 'Silk' Hurly were successful in dance clubs and are credited with giving Minogue a new sound and image to work with on future releases.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 15-14-21-25-43-64 (6 weeks)

UK - 14
Ireland - 18
Australia - 26

I dont wanna take this pain

"I Don't Wanna Take This Pain" is a single performed by Australian singer Dannii Minogue for her debut album Love and Kisses (1991). A personal favourite of Minogue's, its original mix was released as the third single in Australia, a remixed version of the song was released in the United Kingdom as the fifth and final single in the fourth quarter of 1991 and received a mixed reception from music critics. "I Don't Wanna Take This Pain" became one of Minogue's least successful singles, only just reaching the top forty in the United Kingdom and number ninety-two in Australia.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 51-46-45-40-63 (5 weeks)

UK - 40
Australia - 92

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: Apr 8 2010, 08:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Apr 7 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Get into You is the second album by Australian pop singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by MCA Records on October 4, 1993 in the United Kingdom.

Chart Stats

UK - 52
Australia - 53

Track listing

"This Is It" (Van McKoy) - 3:42
"Love's on Every Corner" (D. Poku, Cathy Dennis, P. Taylor) - 4:16
"Until We Meet Again" (Steve Hurley, Chantay Savage) - 4:25
"Tonight's Temptation" (A. Moody, T. Wilentz, D. Minogue) - 5:59
"Be Careful" (Davidge, Piken) - 5:09
"I Dream" (K. Hairston, D. Minogue) - 4:38
"Show You the Way to Go" (K. Gamble, L. Huff) - 4:24
"Lucky Tonight" (C. Boureally, D. Minogue, R. Davis, D. Jones) - 3:49
"This Is the Way" (Ward, Baylis, Kennedy) - 4:00
"Get into You" (Percy, Tracey Ackerman) - 4:12
"If You Really" (S. Hurley, J. Principal, C. Savage) - 4:03
"Wish You'd Stop Wishing" (Eric Foster White) - 5:11
"Kiss and Make Up" (C. Bourelly, R. Davis, D. Minogue) - 4:17
"Show You The Way To Go" (12" version) - 8:02

Show you the way to go

Dannii Minogue's version was produced by Bruce Forest and Andy Whitmore and was the first song released from her second album, Get into You and was also included on the charity album Ruby Trax, which raised money for the UK Spastics Charity. The song received a mixed reception from music critics. It reached the top-thirty in the United Kingdom, becoming Minogue's fifth top thirty single. However, in Australia, the song failed to make an impact on the singles chart, reaching a low hundred and four.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 30-34-61 (3 weeks)

UK - 30
Australia - 104

Loves on every corner

"Love's on Every Corner" is a pop–dance song written by Danny Poku, Cathy Dennis and Paul Taylor for Dannii Minogue's second album Get into You (1993). The song was produced by Dancin' Danny D and received a mixed reception from music critics. It was released as the second single in the fourth quarter of 1992 and reached the top fifty in the United Kingdom. The single was not released in Australia.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 44-53-62-74 (4 weeks)

UK - 44

This is it

"This Is It" is a pop–dance song written by Van McCoy and performed by Melba Moore for her fifth album This Is It (1976). It was later covered by Australian singer Dannii Minogue on her second album Get into You (1993). The song was produced by Tim Lever and Mike Percy and received a mixed reception from music critics. It was released as the album's third single in the third quarter of 1993 and reached the top ten in the United Kingdom, becoming Minogue's third top ten single and is regarded as one of her most popular singles. In Australia it reached the top twenty and became an airplay hit earning a gold certification.

The music video for the song was filmed in Los Angeles, California and featured Minogue and her then husband actor Julian McMahon on a beach. The dance routine in the video was choreographed by Minogue.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 15-11-10-10-15-22-36-58 (8 weeks)

UK - 10
Australia - 13 (GOLD)
Ireland - 17

This is the way

"This Is the Way" is a dance-pop song written by Eliot Kennedy, Cary Baylis and Michael Ward for Dannii Minogue's second album Get into You (1993). The song was released as the album's fourth single in September 1993.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 27-38-63 (3 weeks)

UK - 27
Australia - 45

Get into you

"Get into You" is a Dance-pop song written by Mike Percy and Tim Lever for Dannii Minogue's second album Get into You (1993). The song was produced by Tim Lever & Mike Percy and received a mixed reception from music critics. It was released as the fifth single in the second quarter of 1994 and reached the top-forty in the United Kingdom. Strangely enough the single was released 8 months after her last single release ("This Is The Way") and 7 months after her album of the same title. "Get Into You" also still some maintains rhythmic/dance radio format even though it is uncertain if it ever got an official release.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 36-53 (2 weeks)

UK - 36
Australia - 79

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: Apr 7 2008, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Apr 7 2008, 06:13 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Girl is the third studio album by Australian pop singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by Eternal Records on September 8, 1997 in the United Kingdom. In November 2007, the album was reissued with a bonus disc of remixes.

Track listing

"All I Wanna Do" (Brian Higgins, S. McLennan, Tim Powell, Matt Gray) - 4:28
"Heaven Can Wait" (Higgins, McLennan, Powell, Gray) - 3:40
"So in Love with Yourself" (Paul Barry, M. Taylor, Steve Torch) - 5:06
"Am I Dreaming?" (Barry, Taylor, G. Stack, Torch) - 4:10
"Everybody Changes Underwater" (Dannii Minogue, Ian Masterson, D. Green) - 6:36
"Everything I Wanted" (Minogue, Taylor, Torch) - 4:38
"If It Moves-Dub it" (Minogue, Higgins, McLennan, Powell, Gray) - 6:32
"Disremembrance" (Masterson, Green) - 4:06
"It's Amazing" (Higgins, McLennan, Powell, Gray) - 5:05
"Movin' Up" (L. Erlandsson, D. Kruger, F. Lenander, Per Magnusson, B. Morel) - 4:13

Remastered & Expanded version

Disc One
"All I Wanna Do" - 4:26
"Heaven Can Wait" - 3:40
"So In Love With Yourself" - 5:06
"Am I Dreaming?" - 4:10
"Everybody Changes Underwater" - 6:36
"Everything I Wanted" - 4:39
"It It Moves - Dub It" - 6:31
"Disremembrance" - 4:05
"It's Amazing" - 5:05
"Movin' Up" (Extended mix) - 5:50
"Keep Up With The Good Times" - 4:19
"Someone New" (Flexifingers Radio edit) - 3:45
"Coconut" - 4:50
"All I Wanna Do" (Trouser Enthusiasts Radio edit) - 4:12
"Everything I Wanted" (Xenomania Radio edit) - 4:47
"Disremembrance" (Trouser Enthusiasts Radio edit) - 4:29

Disc Two
"All I Wanna Do" (12" Extended mix) - 6:52
"Everything I Wanted" (Xenomania 12" Club mix) - 7:07
"Heaven Can Wait" (Trouser Enthusiasts Cloud Nine mix) - 12:10
"Disremembrance" (Full Orchestral 12" mix) - 9:29
"All I Wanna Do" (Qattara's Club mix) - 10:08
"Everything I Wanted" (Jupiter 6 Soul Surround mix) - 6:50
"Disremembrance" (Twyce As Nyce 1:40AM Club mix) - 6:06
"Movin' Up (Getting Harder mix) - 5:51
"Keep Up With The Good Times (Xenomania 12" mix) - 6:47
"All I Wanna Do (Tiny Tim & The Mekon Dream dub) - 7:45

Chart Stats

UK - 57 (20,000)
Australia - 69

All I wanna do

"All I Wanna Do" is a pop–dance song written by Brian Higgins, S. McLennan, Tim Powell and Matt Gray for Dannii Minogue's third studio album Girl (1997). The song was produced by Higgins and Gray and received a positive reception from music critics.

It was released as the first single from Girl in the third quarter of 1997 and reached the top five in the United Kingdom, selling upwards of 175,000 copies, and becoming Minogue's first single to top the Upfront Club dance chartt. In Australia the song missed the top ten, charting at number eleven.

"All I Wanna Do" marked a significant change in Minogue's career and image, as did her album Girl from which it was taken. Her image had become highly sexualised, culminating in her nude calendar photo shoot and the suggestive videos and album artwork which accompanied her new releases.

This was also the first release on Minogue's new record deal with Warner Bros. Records. The multi-million dollar deal initially looked set to lauch her career worldwide, especially with the success of "All I Wanna Do". Unfortunately, the success of the first single would not be felt by the album Girl.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 4-6-13-19-29-36-45-66 (8 weeks)

UK - 4 (175,000)
Australia - 11 (GOLD)
Sweden - 48

Everything I wanted

"Everything I Wanted" is a pop–dance song written by Dannii Minogue, Mark Taylor and Steve Torch for Minogue's third studio album Girl (1997). The song was produced by Metro and received a positive reception from music critics. It was released as the second single in the fourth quarter of 1997. In Australia, the song only managed to peak within the top fifty; it was a bigger hit in the United Kingdom, reaching the top fifteen and going on to sell 70,000 copies, as well as achieving success on the Upfront Club chart, where it reached the top position, becoming Minogue's second single to do so.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 15-25-32-50 (4 weeks)

UK - 15 (70,000)
Australia - 44

Disrememberance

"Disremembrance" is a pop–dance song written by David Green and Ian Masterson for Dannii Minogue's third studio album Girl (1997). The song was produced by Flexifinger and received a positive reception from music critics. It was released as the third single in the first quarter of 1998 and peaked at twenty in the United Kingdom. In Australia the song narrowly missed peaking within the top fifty, though did go some way in establishing Dannii as a major dance artist, especially in the clubs where the song was warmly received. In the UK, "Disremembrance" was also released to success on the dance charts, where it reached the top position on the Upfront Club chart, becoming Minogue's third single to do so.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 21-41-68 (3 weeks)

UK - 21
Australia - 53

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: Apr 7 2008, 09:38 PM

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Apr 7 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Neon Nights is the fourth studio album by Australian pop–dance singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by London Records on March 17, 2003 and was primarily produced by Ian Masterson, Korpi & Blackcell, Neďmo and Terry Ronald. It was re-issued in November 2007 with a bonus disc of remixes and different artwork.

Track listing

"Put the Needle on It" (Radio edit) (Johansson/Korpi/Minogue/Poole) – 3:24
"Creep" (Johansson/Korpi/Minogue/Poole) – 3:28
"I Begin to Wonder" (Ades/Dacia/Olaf/Minogue) – 3:40
"Hey! (So What)" (Jewels & Stone/Robinson) – 3:32
"For the Record" (Johansson/Korpi/Minogue/Poole) – 3:21
"Mighty Fine" (Brown/Bunch/Cang/Smith/Winstanley) – 3:55
"On the Loop" (Alexandre/Joly/Minogue/Ronald/Troillard) – 3:28
"Push" (Guldberg/Masterson/Minogue/Ronald/Sthal) – 3:21
"Mystified" (Masterson/Minogue/Ronald) – 3:43
"Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" (Alexandre/Joly/Khari/Minogue/Ronald/Troillard) – 3:50
"Vibe On" (Jock-E/Kotecha/Minogue) – 3:40
"A Piece of Time" (Alexandre/Joly/Minogue/Ronald/Troillard) – 3:22
"Who Do You Love Now?" (Radio version) (Horn/Riva) – 3:26
"It Won't Work Out" (Masterson/Minogue/Ronald) – 4:05
"Come and Get It" (Sebastian Kreig remix) (hidden track) – 6:30

2007 Deluxe Reissue

Disc One
Put The Needle On It
Creep
I Begin To Wonder (Album Version)
Hey! (So What)
For The Record
Mighty Fine
On The Loop
Push
Mystified
Don’t Wanna Lose This Feeling (Al Stones Radio Version)
Vibe On (Alternative End)
A Piece Of Time
Who Do You Love Now?
Come And Get It (Previously unreleased)
Nervous
Just Can’t Give You Up (Previously unreleased)
Hide And Seek
Don’t Wanna Lose This Groove
Est-Ce Que Tu M’Aimes Encore? (Previously unreleased in the UK)
Goodbye Song
It Won’t Work Out (Acoustic version) (Previously unreleased)

Disc Two
Don’t Wanna Lose This Groove (Extended version) (vs. Madonna)
Begin To Spin Me Round (Extended version) (vs. Dead or Alive)
Who Do You Love Now? (Riva’s Bora Bora club mix) (Previously unreleased in the UK)
Put The Needle On It (Jason Nevins Freak Club creation mix) (Previously unreleased)
Hide And Seek (Thriller Jill original extended mix) (Previously unreleased)
Come And Get It (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix) (Previously unreleased)
Put The Needle On It (Tiga’s Cookies dub)
Creep (Jon Dixon Club mix) (Previously unreleased)
I Begin To Wonder (Almighty Transensual club mix) (Previously unreleased)
Put The Needle On It (Cicada vocal mix)
Come And Get It (Sharam Jey Remix) (Previously unreleased)
Don’t Wanna Lose This Feeling (Jupiter Ace Speared Thru The Heart mix)

Chart Stats

UK - 8 (130,000)
Australia - 25 (GOLD)
France - 49
Ireland - 63
Germany - 68 (20,000)
Japan - 134

Who do you love now

"Who Do You Love Now?" is an pop–dance performed by Australian singer Dannii Minogue and Dutch dance DJs Zki & Dobri, performing under the group name Riva.

Originally released only as a single, it was later included on Minogue's album Neon Nights (2003). The song was produced by Riva and released as a single in the winter of 2001, reaching the top five in the United Kingdom, where it became Minogue's second-most successful single release, selling in excess of 170,000 copies. It reached the top twenty in Australia and Canada and the top thirty in Sweden. In the United States, "Who Do You Love Now?" was released to success on the Billboard dance charts, where it reached the top position on the Dance Club chart.

"Who Do You Love Now?" marked another turning point for Dannii who once again was going through contractual changes, and was a bridging number between her previous work and the at the time upcoming 'Neon Nights" album. The single would be the first of a string of consecutive Top twenty hits in her homeland. The stylish, though minimal video which accompanied the song was also a precursor to Dannii's "Neon Nights" singles, where late 70s and early 80s imagery influenced the look of the clips.

For the Canadian market, Dannii recorded a French language version of the is song called "Est-Ce Que Tu M'Aimes Encore". The single was cancelled in Canada, but was later released in France as the b-side to "I Begin To Wonder".

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 3-5-10-17-20-19-19-24-32-42-46-45-56-67-64 (15 weeks)

UK - 3 (170,00)
Belgium - 10
Denmark - 13
Finland - 14
Germany - 14
Australia - 15
Canada - 19
Ireland - 20
Austria - 21
Sweden - 25
Switzerland - 25
Holland - 26

Put the needle on it

"Put the Needle on It" is a pop song written by Dannii Minogue, Henrik Korpi, Mathias Johansson and Karen Poole for Minogue's 2003 album Neon Nights. The song is the album's opening track, and was released as its second single in November 2002. The single reached the top twenty in multiple countries, and topped the club charts in the United Kingdom, selling in excess of 60,000 copies. In February 2003, it was certified gold in Australia.

Chart Stats

"Put the Needle on It" entered the UK Singles Chart on November 16, 2002 at number seven, remaining on the chart for eleven weeks. The song reached number one on the UK Upfront Club Chart, becoming Minogue's fifth song to do so. Across Europe, the track performed moderately well, reaching the top twenty in the Netherlands and Ireland.

In Australia, "Put the Needle on It" peaked at number eleven on the singles chart. In February 2003, the song was certified gold by the Australian Recording Industry Association. On the 2003 ARIA end of year chart, the song charted at number eleven on the Dance Singles chart and at number eighteen on the Top Australian Singles chart.

Chart Run - 7-20-33-44-55-64-62-48-41-61-75 (11 weeks)

UK - 7 (60,000)
Australia - 11 (GOLD)
Netherland - 18
Ireland - 20
Belgium - 29
Holland - 30
Germany -72

I begin to wonder

"I Begin to Wonder" is a Dance-pop song written by Roselyn Della Sabina and Dannii Minogue, Jean-Claude Ades, Dacia Olaf K and Ian Masterson for Minogue's fourth album Neon Nights (2003). The song was produced by J.C.A. and received a positive reception from music critics. It was released as the second single from Neon Nights in the first quarter of 2003 and reached the top three in the United Kingdom, becoming Dannii's highest-charting single, selling 120,000 copies, and continuing Minogue's run of club chart number ones. It reached the top fifteen in Australia where it was certified gold for sales over 35,000.[1]

In France, "I Begin to Wonder" was released as a double A-side with a French version of "Who Do You Love Now?", a collaboration with Dutch dance DJs Zki & Dobri, performing under the group name Riva. The song became Dannii's biggest hit to date there, peaking at #7. In Germany a mash-up with Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round", titled "Begin To Spin Me Round" was released and peaked at #37, serving to reinforce Dannii's club involvement, and also "Neon Nights"' general attachment to 80s styled dance-pop.

The midweek sales of the single following its release on Monday 3rd March saw it only a few thousand copies behind Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" which was in its second week on the chart. An email was sent to people who had signed up to Dannii's official website urging them to buy the single and give Dannii her first UK no. 1 pop hit. It wasn't to be and Dannii couldn't fight Christina off the top. "I Begin to Wonder" performed well on the Hot Dance Music/Club Play as well as in terms of dance format airplay. It missed the U.S. Hot 100, peaking at #108.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 2-7-14-22-25-34-49-58-63-53-59 (11 weeks)

UK - 2 (120,000)
France - 7
Australia - 14 (GOLD)
Sweden - 20
Ireland - 22
Switzerland - 31
Germany - 37
Belgium - 39
Nethrland - 50

Dont wanna lose this feeling

"Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" is a pop–dance song written by Bruno Alexandre, Matthieu Joly, James Khari, Dannii Minogue, Terry Ronald and Camille Troillard for Minogue's fourth album Neon Nights (2003). The song was produced by Neimo and Al Stone and like the "Neon Nights" package received a positive reception from music critics. It was released as the third single from Neon Nights in the summer of 2003 and reached the top five in the United Kingdom, becoming Dannii's fourth top five single release,selling 45,000 copies and once again helping Minogue top the Upfront Club chart. It reached the top twenty in Spain but became the first single from Neon Nights to miss the top twenty in Australia. "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" was also successful on U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Airplay chart, peaking at #8.

Minogue released a mash-up version of "Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling", retitling it "Don't Wanna Lose This Groove". The mash-up gained a lot of attention due to its sampling of Madonna's 1985 smash hit "Into the Groove", as Minogue become the first artist to receive permission from Madonna to sample her music after Madonna having heard the song herself. The actual version used is the 1987 Shep Pettibone remix from Madonna's compilation album You Can Dance. The mash up, in which Madonna's own vocals are audible, was conceptually a culmination of the 'Neon Nights" era of Dannii's career in which modern electronica was fused with 80's pop stylings. The low key video which accompanied the release bucked the high tech trend of the previous three Dannii videos, in favor of a sultry, neon filled night of dancing outdoors.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 5-18-30-43-57-70-68-65-58 (9weeks)

UK - 5 (45,000)
Spain -15
Australia - 22
Germany - 37
Ireland - 38
France - 40

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: Apr 7 2008, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Apr 7 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

The Hits & Beyond is a greatest hits compilation album by Australian pop–dance singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by All Around the World Records on June 19, 2006.

Track listing

"Put the Needle on It" (Radio edit) from the album Neon Nights
"I Begin to Wonder" (Radio version) from the album Neon Nights
"So Under Pressure" (Album version)
"You Won't Forget About Me" (Vocal Radio edit) Non-Album Single
"All I Wanna Do" (Radio version) from the album Girl
"This Is It" (7" version) from the album Get Into You
"Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" (Al Stones Radio Version) from the album Neon Nights
"Baby Love" (Silky 70's 7" Mix) from the album Love and Kisses
"Everything I Wanted" (Radio edit) from the album Girl
"Disremembrance" (Flexifingers Radio edit) from the album Girl
"Jump to the Beat" (7" remix) from the album Love and Kisses
"Love and Kisses" (UK 7" remix) from the album Love and Kisses
"$ucce$$" (UK 7" remix) from the album Love and Kisses
"Perfection" (Radio Edit) Non-Album Single
"Who Do You Love Now?" (Original Radio Edit) with Riva from the album Neon Nights
"Love Fight"
"Sunrise"
"I Can't Sleep at Night"
"Gone"
"Good Times"

Charts Stats

The Hits & Beyond was released on June 16, 2006 in Ireland and three days later on June 19, 2006 in the United Kingdom. It became Minogue's third top twenty album when it debuted at number seventeen on the UK albums chart, selling 14,452 copies in its first week of release. It however failed to chart in the Irish album chart. According to unsubstantiated rumours on Minogues website "The Hits and Beyond" has sold over 10,000 copies around Australia despite its peak of #67 in the ARIA charts and falling to #68 in its second week before falling out of the charts completely and the official sales figures from ARIA being 749 copies for the first week. The album saw a release in New Zealand at the end of 2006 where it failed to chart.

UK - 17 (45,000)
Australia - 67
Ireland - 186

You wont forget about me

"You Won't Forget About Me" is a dance/pop song, which features the use of heavy drum beats and synth strings. The songs lyrics, written by Minogue, describe a summer romance that has now come to an end. In the chorus Minogue sings about how her lover will not forget about her as long as he lives.

After the success of her previous album Neon Nights, Minogue was asked by All Around the World Records, a small dance label, if she would write the lyrics to a popular dance instrumental track called "Flower Power", which was a huge hit in clubs in Ibiza. Minogue agreed and wrote the lyrics to the song that would soon become "You Won't Forget About Me". About writing lyrics for the song Minogue said: "”I'd heard it without vocals and I thought, 'Fantastic'. I had already written loads of vocals for myself and knew I had something that would be perfect for it

Chart Stats

"You Won't Forget About Me" was a top ten hit in the UK, peaking at number seven and selling 30,000 copies. At the end of 2004, the British Music Industry Bible named the song the fifth biggest club track of the year in its Upfront Clup Top 100.

Elsewhere in Europe the song was also a hit, going top ten in Spain and the Ukraine.

While the single did not gain widespread rhythmic/dance format radio airplay like her previous singles and did not make the Hot Dance Airplay chart, the song was also a U.S. dance hit, reaching number five on the Billboard Hot Dance/Club Play chart.

Chart Run - 7-18-27-44-65 (5 weeks)

UK - 7 (30,000)
Finland - 7
Spain - 9
Netherland - 16
Australia - 20
Ireland - 22

Perfection

"Perfection" is an pop–dance song performed by Australian singer Dannii Minogue and Soul Seekerz. The song was written by Minogue, Peter Jackson Jr., Gerald Jackson, Rob Davis, Therese Grankvist, Simon Langford, and Julian Napolitano. The song samples "Turn The Beat Around (Love to Hear Percussions)", which was originally performed by disco singer Vicki Sue Robinson.[1]

It was released as a single on October 17, 2005 in the United Kingdom. It entered the top twenty in Australia and the UK and became Minogue's sixth consecutive Upfront Club Chart number one.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 11-29-61 (3 weeks)

UK - 11 (15,000)
Australia - 13
Finland - 13
Netherlands - 16
Ireland - 38

So under pressure

"So Under Pressure" is an pop–dance song performed by Australian singer Dannii Minogue. The song was written by Minogue, Terry Ronald and LMC, and produced by Lee Monteverde for Minogue's greatest hits compilation The Hits & Beyond (2006). The song's lyrics discuss the cancer diagnoses of Minogue's sister Kylie. The song was released as a single on June 12, 2006 in the United Kingdom. It entered the top forty in Australia, Ireland and the UK and became Minogue's seventh consecutive Upfront Club Chart number one.

Chart Stats

"So Under Pressure" was officially released in the United Kingdom and Ireland on June 12, 2006. The song debuted on the UK Singles Chart on June 19, 2006 at number twenty. The following week, "So Under Pressure" fell to number sixty and exited the chart in its third week of release. The track became Minogue's seventh consecutive Upfront Club Chart number one in the UK.[6] In Ireland, the song reached number thirty-one, remaining on the singles chart for one week. "So Under Pressure" proved popular in Irish dance clubs where it reached number six on the Dance Singles Chart.

The track was released in Australia on July 29, 2006. It debuted on August 13, 2006 at number sixteen and became Minogue's eighth top twenty single. The song remained on the singles chart for five weeks, exiting on September 10, 2006.

Chart Run - 20-61 (2 weeks)

Australia - 16
UK - 20 (10,000)
Ireland - 31

Touch me like that

"Touch Me Like That" is a pop–dance song performed by Dannii Minogue and Jason Nevins, and samples the melody of the song "You Make Me Feel Mighty Real" originally performed by Sylvester. It premiered on The Chris Moyles Show in United Kingdom on October 3, 2007. The song was released as a single in the UK on December 3, 2007. It peaked only at #48 and on the following week the song dropped out of the UK Top 75. In Australia the time on the single exceeded the length a single can reach, therefore it was ineligible for the ARIA singles chart.

Chart Stats

Chart Run - 48 (1 week)

UK - 48 (7,000)

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: Apr 7 2008, 10:22 PM

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Apr 7 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Other Dannii Singles

Coconut

Australia - 62

Everlasting Night

"Everlasting Night" is a pop–dance song written by Australian singer Dannii Minogue, Mark Percy, Tim Lever, Ian Masterson and Terry Ronald for the compilation Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras of 1999 (1999). The song was produced by Ian Masterson and received a mixed reception from music critics. It was released as a single in the first quarter of 1999 in Australia and reached the top fifty on the singles chart, largely helped by the fact that the song was the official theme of the 1999 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

Originally written in 1995 while Minogue was working on material for a new album, she re-arranged it with long-time collaborators Ian Masterson and Terry Ronald after she had been approached by friends who were launching a new record label called Mardi Gras Music, the first gay and lesbian music label. Since its release, the song has become a favourite of Minogue's gay and lesbian fans and had become a live staple at British and Australian gay pride events.

Australia - 42

I cant sleep at night

"I Can't Sleep at Night" is a pop–dance song written by Dannii Minogue, Rob Davis and Jewels & Stone for Minogue's greatest hits compilation, The Hits & Beyond (2006). The song was scheduled to be released in August 2005, but was postponed in favour of the song "Perfection", a collaboration with the Soul Seekerz. In January 2007, the song was released as a digital download on 7 Digital in the United Kingdom and iTunes in the United States.

He's the greatest dancer

"He's the Greatest Dancer" is a cover version of the Sister Sledge song performed by Australian singer Dannii Minogue. In November 2006, Minogue performed the song on BBC One's Children in Need telethon. Later that month a studio version of the song, remixed by Fugitive, appeared on the dance compilation Clubland 10. In December 2006, the track was released to dance clubs in the United Kingdom. It was commercially released in Australia by Central Station Records on April 14, 2007.

Chart Stats

"He's the Greatest Dancer" reached number one on the UK Upfront Club Chart in December 2006 and became Minogue's eleventh club number one in the country. The track also reached number one on the Commercial Pop Chart.

In Australia, "He's the Greatest Dancer" entered the singles chart on April 29, 2007 at number thirty-seven, and remained on the chart for two weeks. The track was more successful in Spain, where it reached number nine fourteen weeks after its debut.

Spain 9
Australia - 37

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: Apr 7 2008, 10:35 PM

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Apr 7 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

The Singles

The Singles is a greatest hits compilation album by Australian pop–dance singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by Mushroom Records in December 1998 in Australia. Since the compilation was a budget release, it was ineligible to chart on the Australian albums chart. A VHS titled The Videos was also released and featured music videos to all the singles which featured on The Singles (minus "Coconut" which did not have a proper music video).

Track listing

"Love and Kisses" (Australian mix) – 3:44
"Success" (Australian mix) – 5:34
"Jump to the Beat" (Remix) – 3:36
"Baby Love" (Silky 70s edit) – 3:45
"I Don't Wanna Take This Pain" (Australian mix) – 4:53
"Show You the Way to Go" – 4:22
"Love's on Every Corner" – 4:15
"This Is It" – 3:40
"This is the Way" – 3:59
"Get into You" (Album version) – 4:13
"All I Wanna Do" – 4:30
"Everything I Wanted" (Album version) – 4:40
"Disremembrance" (Album version) – 4:07
"Coconut" – 4:51

The Re-mixes

The Remixes is a greatest hits remix album by Australian pop–dance singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by Mushroom Records in February 1999 in Australia. Since the compilation was a budget release, it was ineligible to chart on the Australian albums chart. The "Show You The Way to Go" Dub was kindly supplied to the collection, with no official thanks, by Dean Moran, as the master tapes of some Dannii remixes had been destroyed.

Track listing

CD1

"Love and Kisses" (12" mix) – 5:54
"Success" (Junior’s Big House mix) – 6:05
"Jump to the Beat" (L.A. remix) – 6:44
"Baby Love" (Silky 70's 12" mix) – 6:32
"I Don't Wanna Take This Pain" (12" mix) – 6:02
"Show You the Way to Go" (12" dub) – 7:22
"This Is It" (Dannii Got Murked mix) – 6:14

CD2

"This is the Way" (12" version) – 6:54
"Get into You" (Arizona Club mix) – 6:00
"All I Wanna Do" (Trouser Enthusiasts Toys Of Desperation mix) – 11:06
"Everything I Wanted" (Xenomania 12" mix) – 7:08
"Disremembrance" (Trouser Enthusiasts Brittlestar Requiem mix) – 12:17
"Hallucination" (L.A. remix) – 5:59

Club Disco

Club Disco is a digital album by Australian dance-pop singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by All Around the World on November 5, 2007.[1] In the United Kingdom, the album reached number two on the Dance Albums Chart.

Track listing

"Feel Like I Do" (JCA Remix)
"Perfection" with Soul Seekerz (Extended mix)
"You Won't Forget About Me" with Flower Power (Radio edit)
"Love Fight"
"I'm Sorry"
"Gone"
"So Under Pressure" (Album version)
"Good Times" (Forty Four's 7" Mix)
"Sunrise"
"He's the Greatest Dancer" (LMC radio edit)
"I Can't Sleep at Night"
"I Will Come to You"
"I've Been Waiting for You"
"Round the World"
"Do You Believe Me Now?" with Roger Sanchez (UK bundle edition))
"Xanadu" (UK edition)
"You Won't Forget About Me" (Afterlife Lounge mix Edit)
"I Can't Sleep at Night" (Afterlife Lounge mix)

Unleashed

This compilation album contains unreleased tracks and remixes and favourites chosen by the singer. Commenting on the album's release, Minogue said that "this album is about my personal favourites - bringing you the best unreleased material, including club mixes that were number one and songs I've written with my favourite producers around the world."

The original track listing, listed four track, "Weak", "Fear Of Flying", "Karma Is A b**ch" and "Healing On The Dancefloor", however the producers Henrick Korpi & Blackcell did not submit their mastered tracks in time and their songs had to be cut from the project.

Track listing

"All I Wanna Do" (Innocent Girl mix)
"Blame It On the Music"
"Spend Your Love On Me"
"Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling" (Jewels & Stone 7" mix)
"Going Going Gone"
"Everything I Wanted" (Metro 7" mix)
"Undeniable"
"No Romeo"
"Hide and Seek" (Thriller Jill Original Radio mix)
"Hurt In Love"
"Who Do You Love Now?" (with Riva) (Riva's Bora Bora edit)
"Put the Needle on It" (Cicada Vocal Mix edit)
"Come and Get It" (Alternative Radio edit)
"Begin to Spin Me Round" (Dannii vs Dead Or Alive) (Radio edit)
"Love Me Like This"
"Bad Weather"
"Invitation"
"It Won't Work Out" (Ross Cullum Single mix)

Dannii : The Complete Collection

Dannii Minogue: The Video Collection is a DVD release from Australian singer Dannii Minogue. The DVD includes a complete set of all Minogue's music videos between 1990 to 2006, including those missing from 2006's The Hits & Beyond DVD - "I Don't Wanna Take This Pain", "Show You the Way to Go", "Love's on Every Corner", "This is the Way" ", "Get into You", "Coconut" and "Everlasting Night" - as well as bonus features including rare videos, live performances and behind the scenes footage. It was released in the UK on November 5, 2007. It has yet to receive an Australian release.

Tracklisting

Music videos

"Love and Kisses"
"Success"
"Jump to the Beat"
"Baby Love"
"I Don't Wanna Take This Pain"
"Show You the Way to Go"
"Love's on Every Corner"
"This is It"
"This is the Way"
"Get into You"
"All I Wanna Do"
"Everything I Wanted"
"Disremembrance"
"Who Do You Love Now?"
"Put the Needle on It"
"I Begin to Wonder"
"Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling"
"You Won't Forget About Me"
"Perfection"
"So Under Pressure"

Bonus videos

"Rescue Me"
"Coconut"
"Everlasting Night"
"Live For the One I Love" (Live)
"Begin to Spin Me Round"
"Don't Wanna Lose this Groove"
"I Can't Sleep at Night"
"He's The Greatest Dancer" (Live on BBC's Children in Need)
"Kids" (Live duet with Kylie Minogue)

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: Apr 7 2008, 10:52 PM

+Quote Post
Thumbelina
post Apr 5 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #8
New Entry
Member No.: 10,922
   No Gallery Pics

Love this thread, very well researched.
I did have Dannii's Australian chart runs somewhere and they are ATROCIOUS!
BTW lol at The Hits and Beyond making #186 in Eire, that's what? 4 copies?

+Quote Post
Dannyboy
post Apr 8 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

pleased you like it, took me a while lol

+Quote Post
Thumbelina
post Apr 8 2010, 11:24 PM
Post #10
New Entry
Member No.: 10,922
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Apr 8 2010, 03:32 PM) *
pleased you like it, took me a while lol

I bet it did!!!
Hopefully we can soon add some more singles and albums to it if Miss Minogue releases something. w00t.gif

+Quote Post
Minoguefan
post Sep 14 2012, 08:10 AM
Post #11
New Entry
Member No.: 17,568

Me to love this thread, very well researched. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Minoguefan: Sep 14 2012, 08:26 AM

+Quote Post
joseffritzl
post Jan 7 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #12
New Entry
Group: Banned
Member No.: 18,121
   No Gallery Pics

exactly how many singles/album has dannii sold?

+Quote Post
JoannaYatesSock
post Jan 7 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 17,858
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(joseffritzl @ Jan 7 2013, 08:09 PM) *
exactly how many singles/album has dannii sold?

Id also like to know this. Xx Just Jo Hunny xX

+Quote Post
joseffritzl
post Jan 7 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #14
New Entry
Group: Banned
Member No.: 18,121
   No Gallery Pics

must be a few hundred

+Quote Post
Hide&Seek
post Jul 5 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 3,500
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Apr 6 2008, 04:23 PM) *
Dannii Discography

"Baby Love" is a pop–dance performed by Australian singer Dannii Minogue for her debut album Love and Kisses (1991). The song was original written by Stephen Bray and released by dance artist Regina Richards in a more R&B musical style. Minogue recorded her version for the European release of her album and its original pop mix can be found on its single release. The song was produced by Les Adams, Emma Freilich and Andy Whitmore. The remix by Steve 'Silk' Hurly was released as the fourth single in the fourth quarter of 1991. It reached the top-twenty in Ireland and the United Kingdom, becoming Minogue's fourth top twenty single. In Australia, the song charted within the top thirty. The remixes of the song done by Steve 'Silk' Hurly were successful in dance clubs and are credited with giving Minogue a new sound and image to work with on future releases.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
I have loved that song for all those years and never knew 'til just now, that's it's a cover ?!
I'm listening to the Regina version in another tab now as I type, and love it.

Thanks for the thread, but particularly that nugget of info. I'm happily gobsmacked. w00t.gif

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Jun 29 2018, 11:27 PM
Post #16
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Found some UK sales for Dannii Minogue's singles, not sure how correct they are, but here's what I have =

1. All I Wanna Do = 180,000
2. Who Do You Love Now = 170,000
3. This Is It = 125,000
4. I Begin To Wonder = 113,000
5. Love And Kisses = 100,000
6. Success = 85,000
7. Jump To The Beat = 80,000
8. Baby Love = 70,000
9. Everything I Wanted = 70,000
10. Put The Needle On It = 61,000
11. Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling = 45,000
12. Disremembrance = 36,976
13. You Won't Forget About Me = 35,000
14. I Don't Wanna Take This Pain = 30,000
15. Perfection = 20,000
16. Show You The Way To Go = 15,000
17. Love's On Every Corner = 15,000
18. This Is The Way = 15,000
19. So Under Pressure = 13,000
20. Get Into You = 12,840
21. Touch Me Like That = 11,000

This post has been edited by SamJudd: Jun 29 2018, 11:30 PM

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Jun 30 2018, 12:07 AM
Post #17
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Thanks!

Kind of curious that All I Wanna Do, her best selling single (and her first Top 5 hit), resulted in Girl being her lowest peaking and presumably worst selling album!

Quite surprised that Who Do You Love Now didn't manage Silver, it felt like a bigger hit in 2001 than 170k would suggest it was.

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Jun 30 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,155

Such low sales for all artists in the 00s - the impact of songs then really don’t translate into the sales they achieved. Hope that AIWD can eventually go Silver from streaming.

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Aug 8 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,155

Just been checking the Official Charts website and was looking at Dannii’s chart runs - they have quietly downgraded ‘Get Into You’ single from a #36 peak to #39.

It’s bizzare that they seem to do this? Do they uncover discrepancies or new data or something? Glad it’s still managed to maintain a Top 40 status though - they upgraded Tina Cousins a few years back and belatedly gave her a Top 40 with ‘Forever’ changing it from its original peak of #45 to #38.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Aug 8 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #20
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

^ I noticed that a few weeks ago, and meant to ask about it. Bizarre!

It's like a re-writing of history.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:36 AM