BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

19 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The Return of the Spice Girls 2007-2008 Reunion - News Topic, Including chat about the tour, the documentary and more!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
GreggyOhnine
post 23rd December 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #301
Group icon
Shaun
User: 461

geri looks so mad at the start! waiting for it to load..
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 23rd December 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #302
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

that was a great performance! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan
post 23rd December 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #303
Group icon
lol
User: 774

QUOTE(Shaun @ Dec 23 2007, 06:49 AM) *

geri looks so mad at the start! waiting for it to load..

ooooooooo ohmy.gif

One of the few live tv performances they have done.

They did great happy.gif

+Quote this post
designer_label
post 23rd December 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #304
Group icon
My name is...Craigy
User: 4,111

ta for posting the vid

+Quote this post
meddi
post 23rd December 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #305
Group icon
New Entry
User: 1,862

they look and sound SO AMAZING!

+Quote this post
designer_label
post 23rd December 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #306
Group icon
My name is...Craigy

Spice Girls: Old vs New
The reformed Spice Girls have staged one of the most successful comebacks of the year, with a top 10 album and a sell-out World tour.
But can the reunion ever capture the frenzied mayhem of the band's 1990s heyday?

Olivia Hunt, a die-hard fan when she was 10, went to see the band play at the O2 arena in London this week.

She reflects on how the fearsome fivesome has transformed over the last decade.

Each of the five Spice Girls has launched a solo career in the last decade

1997 Impact:

The Spice Girls were the first pop group my friends and I really got into. They came from ordinary backgrounds, and their message was that anyone could achieve their dream. They were a girl band for girls and their influence was remarkable.

Favourite Spice Girl

Mel C. She was cool because she could do back-flips and was a bit of a tom boy. I was fickle, though, and Geri was a close contender.

Favourite song

Stop. The song and dance routine were a must-have for all school discos and even the boys joined in! Their energy, extrovert personalities and song lyrics captured our imaginations.

Girl power

Boy bands saturated the music scene in the '90s and it took a really powerful girl band with a strong image to infiltrate the market. The Spice Girls were ambitious and determined to succeed. Girl Power was about accepting who you were and girls sticking together.

Spice fashion

Interesting, to say the least! Platform shoes and fun outfits that matched each girl's personality. Their influence on what we wanted to wear was huge. I can still remember begging my mum to buy me a pair of platforms!

2007 Impact:

The girls are now all famous individually - so their fan bases have multiplied. People who were young fans in 1997 are now in their early 20s and can afford to go back to see their childhood idols, while a whole new generation has discovered Girl Power.

Favourite Spice Girl

Victoria Beckham. I really like her sense of humour and sense of style. The biggest surprise of the concert was that she can actually sing!

Favourite song

Spice Up Your Life. They started and ended the show with it and the girls put on a fantastic performance! The Lady Is A Vamp was excellent, too. It was performed with a live band in a cabaret style.

Girl power

It had the potential to be watered down, now that the girls are in their 30s. But they represent girl power of a different kind - that of proud working mothers. They even brought their children on stage for Mama! However, the message is still the same: Girls on top, friendship forever.

Spice fashion

They're far more glamorous these days in specially-designed Roberto Cavalli dresses. But Geri wore her infamous Union Jack dress and Mel C wore trousers, which kept the essence of the original act.

Olivia, now 21, was just 10 during the first flush of the Spice Girls success

Spice merchandise

Deodorant, mugs, t-shirts... Absolutely everything was Spice-branded! I had a life-sized cardboard Posh Spice, although my Dad appreciated it more than me! The Spice Movie was also a must-have. One of my friends referred to it as "cinematic genius!"

Geri leaving

I was absolutely gutted! It seemed like the heart of the band had left with her. I think we also knew that this was the beginning of the end for the Spice Girls.

In concert

Unfortunately, I was never lucky enough to see the Spice Girls live back in their heyday.

Spice merchandise

The concert's merchandise stall sported a huge range of Spice memorabilia. In addition to the regular t-shirts and key rings, there were several items for the more mature fan - including Spice Up Your Life aprons and "zig-a-zig-waaah" babygros.

Geri leaving

You wouldn't know that she had ever left. On stage, she seems just as much a part of the group as she ever did. But if you believe the rumours, the tensions are still there.

In concert

It was well worth the wait - and the expense. They were simply fantastic!

Conclusion: If I'd seen them in the 1990s, I'm sure the costumes would have been less expensive, and the show less mature. But they have proved that, 10 years on, they still have what it takes. Girl power!

BBC NEWS

+Quote this post
Delta*Fan*Mel
post 23rd December 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #307
Group icon
"When we think that we understand, God Laughs"
User: 75

I love it except Mel C's top hat! laugh.gif!!!

But it's so funny that the audience cheers for each girl's solo except Victoria's!!! Whereas in the concert from what i can gather Victoria gets all the cheers!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 23rd December 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #308
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

this will chart top 75 next week i think,great perofrmance

+Quote this post
GreggyOhnine
post 24th December 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #309
Group icon
Shaun
User: 461

what is with mel c's fashion sense? C'mon girl!
it was a nice performance!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 24th December 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #310
Group icon

woo! good review. cant wait to see them!
9 days to go!

+Quote this post
designer_label
post 27th December 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #311
Group icon
My name is...Craigy

Mel B has won a custody battle with her ex-husband Jimmy Gulzar to allow her to bring eldest daughter Phoenix Chi on tour with her.

Dancer Jimmy Gulzar, who divorced the singer in 2000, argued that she should not be allowed to take their eight-year-old daughter on the Spice Girls tour because the travelling would disrupt his visitation schedule.

The Spice Girl was given full physical custody of Phoenix Chi but Gulzar was granted set visitation rights to see her.

The issue was brought before a Los Angeles court, where Judge Robert Schnider ruled that the star should be allowed to have her children with her.

Brown has another daughter with actor Eddie Murphy, who denied he was the father until a DNA test proved otherwise.

Scary Spice married film producer Stephen Belafonte in June this year after a four-month relationship.

DIGITALSPY

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 27th December 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #312
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

im glad as i dont see why she shudnt be allowed

+Quote this post
post 28th December 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #313
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,142

QUOTE(Shameless @ Dec 27 2007, 09:05 PM) *
im glad as i dont see why she shudnt be allowed

Because it's his daughter aswell as hers and he should have the same rights to see her.

+Quote this post
designer_label
post 29th December 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #314
Group icon
My name is...Craigy

The Spice Girls have complained about mobile phone reception problems at the O2 Arena.

Mel B, Victoria Beckham, Emma Bunton, Mel C and Geri Halliwell have all said that they have had trouble phoning their loved ones after performing for fans in London.

"All the girls and a lot of the crew are having difficulty getting any reception," an insider told The Sun. "They’re having such a great time doing the gigs - it's a shame that the simple task of making a mobile call is proving so tricky."

However, a spokesman for the venue insisted: "We've never had any complaints of this nature before. Our communication facilities are excellent."

Digitalspy.co.uk

I never had any problems when I was at the O2 Arena!...I hope they wasnt on the O2 network wink.gif

+Quote this post
Matt Aloud
post 29th December 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #315
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,286

getting a signal in Franie and Benny's was impossible laugh.gif

A few places just had no signal for me too laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Dino-2pacalypse
post 30th December 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #316
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 781

I like the spice girls from the "Forever" era thats when they were the coolest
now some of them are just a bit to cheesy like emma i looved her sexed up image of 200 and 2001.And victoria was soo damn hot back then too and melb was hot then and still are today.
Geri....ehm well

+Quote this post
designer_label
post 3rd January 2008, 05:38 PM
Post #317
Group icon
My name is...Craigy

Spice Girls @ O2 Arena, January 2
Digital Spy Gig Review

After the failure of their comeback single 'Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)', and disappointing sales of their much-hyped Greatest Hits album, it seemed the wheels were in danger of falling off the Spice reunion bandwagon. But tonight's gig, the fourth of 17 that the reformed girl group will play at London's 02 Arena, proves just how far a nice bit of nostalgia can take you.

From the opening trio of 'Spice Up Your Life', 'Stop' and 'Say You'll Be There', it’s clear that this isn't going to be the slickest of arena shows. The girls alternate between cranking out basic, year-one-at Sylvia-Young's dance moves and prowling round the stage in a ramshackle mob. Only Mel C's voice seems to reach the rafters of the 02 Arena, but, with the crowd desperate to sing along to every word, nobody seems to care.

For the most part, the pop vixens don't fiddle with the brilliance of their back catalogue. 'Too Much' is reworked into a finger-clicking big band number, 'Who Do You Think You Are' is given a thunderous house makeover, and 'Headlines' is bolstered by some surprisingly rocky guitar riffs, but, other than that, everything here could have been vacuum-packed in 1997 and reopened ten minutes before the gig started. Hell, Ginger even dusts off her old Union Jack dress for one number.

Because the Spice flame burned hard and fast – they only released ten singles before disintegrating in 2000 - tonight's set can't escape the curse of padding. A disco medley in which the girls take karaoke stabs at 'We Are Family', 'Celebration' and 'Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)' could most politely be described as an exuberant mess, while the popstrels' solo numbers are a predictably hit-and-miss affair. Ginger's Saturday night at G-A-Y rendition of 'It's Raining Men' is surprisingly satisfying, but Baby's solo hit 'Maybe', a sixties-style pop romp, feels slight in an arena setting. Scary's decision to holler 'Are Gonna Go My Way' while lapping at the groin of a male audience member who looks as if he goes another way entirely, meanwhile, is unintentionally hilarious.

Nevertheless, for the most part, tonight's gig is as much fun as a ruthlessly-planned, expensively-staged arena show can be. Their bawdy banter might be heavily-scripted, and the crowd's decision to greet Posh's every note with a deafening roar (Well, she is the most famous, you know!) is somewhat unnerving, but, over two hours, these five women manage to convince us that being a Spice Girl is still the most fun, special, thrilling thing in the world. After all that's passed during the last decade, that's a pretty impressive achievement.

DIGITALSPY

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 4th January 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #318
Group icon

It was a great night as i was there, god i hate these people. they ALL sounded really good.

+Quote this post
Seraph
post 5th January 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #319
Group icon
Alis Volat Propiis
User: 3,944

I was there too!
All alone as I didn't have anyone to go with, and I had 2 tickets! pirate.gif
Why oh why did the crowd go mental whenever Sticky Vicky opened her gob? blink.gif

+Quote this post
missingyou
post 2nd February 2008, 01:08 AM
Post #320
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 4,429

Bad news guys;

SPORTY SAYS C'YA TO SPICE GIRLS

THE SPICE GIRLS have split up again – after MEL C told them she has had enough.

The band have now pulled plans to take their reunion tour to Australia, China, South Africa and Argentina - and will play their final gig in Canada later this month.

Mel C had been locked in talks with bandmates VICTORIA BECKHAM, GERI HALLIWELL, EMMA BUNTON and MEL B over the band’s future.

But Sporty Spice does not want to continue so the girls have decided to call it a day.

Last night a Spice source revealed: “Geri and Victoria have been loving the attention and adulation the tour has been bringing the girls in the UK and North America.

“Mel B has really enjoyed being on stage and performing again. And Emma has found it hard with a young son but was prepared to carried on.

“But Mel C is the one who always insisted the reunion should be only short-term. Now she wants to go back to doing her own thing.

“Because they couldn’t all agree the extra tour dates have been pulled. Touring has been harder on all the girls this time round. But all of them could have been persuaded to continue - apart from Mel C.”

The band yesterday announced their gig in Toronto on February 26 will be their last.

Fans
Their statement added: “Sadly the tour needs to come to an end by the end of February due to family and personal commitments for Emma, Geri, Mel B, Mel C and Victoria.

“It was announced in June that, as well as the Europe and North America dates, the girls planned to visit Australia, China, South Africa and Argentina.

"But due to the phenomenal demand for tickets in the UK and US, and the tour’s massive logistics, it was impossible to fit in everything.”

The Return Of The Spice Girls tour kicked off in Vancouver, Canada, on December 2 last year. It was the first time they had appeared as a five-piece since Geri left the band in 1998.

Dates were set for concerts in Cape Town, Buenos Aires, Beijing and Sydney this month.

But the tour schedule changed due to demand for extra London gigs and new dates were never set.

There were also questions about whether the girls could sell out all the cities.

The band said yesterday: “It’s been incredible being back together and seeing our fans again. Really sorry if we didn’t get to see you this time round.

“We have other commitments in our lives now. But who knows what will happen next?”

The band are making the most of their remaining tour time - Mel B celebrated a sell-out gig in Montreal, Canada, by DJ-ing at a local club.

But I think this is the last Spice world tour we will see - although I wouldn’t rule out another money-spinning stint in London or Las Vegas.

Anything longer term than that and they would have to be a four-piece - this time minus Mel C.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...ticle753428.ece

+Quote this post

19 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:10 PM