BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Release Date: 5th June 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post 11th January 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

The new X-Men scheduled towards the end of this year, to be released on 2nd November 2018

The title of the film sounds promising on the back of the last movie.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post 11th January 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

You realise that'a not even new stuff right? The Jessica scenes are from Miss Sloane and the X-men ones are from the last movie.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 18th February 2018, 06:33 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

I love the X-Men film franchise so I am looking forward to this one! It shold be pretty exciting.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 27th March 2018, 06:15 AM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

This has also been pushed back to February 2019 ffs laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st April 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

RUMOUR MILL

'Dark Phoenix' is reported to be the entry point for X-Men in the MCU!!! Which would explain the reshoots. ohmy.gif it's not reported whether 'New Mutants' will continue into it straight away, but we'd imagine so, right? Unless they wanna see how this goes first!

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/x-men-dark..._medium=JoBloFB

Really excited to see if this is true. It'd make sense tbh.

Edit: It's an April Fools! I didn't realise it was before 12pm in LA!!

+Quote this post
post 1st April 2018, 07:04 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Apr 1 2018, 07:53 PM) *
RUMOUR MILL

'Dark Phoenix' is reported to be the entry point for X-Men in the MCU!!! Which would explain the reshoots. ohmy.gif it's not reported whether 'New Mutants' will continue into it straight away, but we'd imagine so, right? Unless they wanna see how this goes first!

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/x-men-dark..._medium=JoBloFB

Really excited to see if this is true. It'd make sense tbh.

Pretty sure this is an April Fools from America to wind up MCU. I think we all know X Men would have to be rebooted to MCU, because as much as I enjoy the movies they’ve made a damn mess of them. Also we’ve got two totally different Quicksilvers.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 1st April 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I don’t want to see X-Men in the MCU, at least not while the MCU is still at the top of its game. The MCU is already crowded with even having 3 films a year not offering the opportunity to make all the films they want.

Maybe once they start running out of major heroes and Squirrel Girl is the leader of the Avengers, they can combine them but they’re doing fine by themselves. Especially with X-Men branching out more and more into different films.

+Quote this post
post 1st April 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

MCU is so intricately woven together. The current X Men would be a f***ing mess if added. We already have some X Men anyway!

+Quote this post
Regina
post 1st April 2018, 09:20 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Bring back Shawn Ashmore as Iceman and introduce the whole "Iceman is gay" story pls.

I can see them introducing Wolvering into the MCU soon tbh. Hugh Jackman's era has ended nicely (well, not nice, but y'know, neatly) and Wolverine is in so many offshoots of the Avengers teams in the comics.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 12th April 2018, 01:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

QUOTE(Klaus @ Apr 1 2018, 09:06 PM) *
I don’t want to see X-Men in the MCU, at least not while the MCU is still at the top of its game. The MCU is already crowded with even having 3 films a year not offering the opportunity to make all the films they want.

Maybe once they start running out of major heroes and Squirrel Girl is the leader of the Avengers, they can combine them but they’re doing fine by themselves. Especially with X-Men branching out more and more into different films.

Hey, don't come for Squirrel Girl! She is iconic!

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 30th May 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #11
Group icon

This topic needs bumping up

Probably one of the movie highlights for me this year along with Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame, X-Men: Dark Phoenix gets its premiere next Wednesday, already booked my tickets.

Apparently the ending of the film they had to re-shoot it.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 8th June 2019, 02:02 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

Despite the poor reviews from critics I really enjoyed this!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 8th June 2019, 03:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I gave it 2 and a half stars (out of 5) on my Letterboxd.

Think of the most basic popcorn filler, fun, Superhero movie, and you'd wind up with something like this.

The negatives? Tbh actually not that much, except for the fact it was very generic & "seen it all before" and the script was horrible. I don't usually delve that deep into the writing, but this was just plain obviously bad, it was hard to ignore. It was just very whiny and people moaning for the sake of it.

Everything else though... was alright. I LOVE Sophie Turner as Jean Grey. She was a huge highlight for me (thankfully - seeing as she's the star of this story) I really like Tye as Scott too! The actors all did a great job with what they were given tbh.

I started to properly love it with the train sequence towards the end and the CGI was great too.

So yeah, an above average movie. Doesn't quite deserve the lashing it's currently getting, but it is flawed.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 8th June 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

So this is both a critical and commercial flop. Not too surprising, to be honest.

Where do we think they'll go from here? How long until Disney and Marvel reboot it? Do we think they'll bring it into the MCU?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 9th June 2019, 11:19 AM
Post #15
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jun 8 2019, 07:43 PM) *
So this is both a critical and commercial flop. Not too surprising, to be honest.

Where do we think they'll go from here? How long until Disney and Marvel reboot it? Do we think they'll bring it into the MCU?

This is kinda what puts me off going to see it, the fact we know it's already going to be re-booted. Shame really as from this franchise the first 2 X-Men films were so good.

100% they will re-boot it, although I suspect we're probably looking at 3-5 years. I think they will bring through Fantastic Four first and maybe Wolverine, who I suspect they will line up as the new anchor of any massive Avengers re-boot.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 9th June 2019, 11:33 AM
Post #16
Group icon

I was so looking forward to this, for me it was a let down, I was really expecting big things from it, Sophie was great as Dark Phoenix. The only good thing about it was the big battle ending at the end of the movie, its a shame Mystique got the chop half way through the film and Magneto coming into the movie half way through. Apparently there has been a lot of bad reviews, I must admit the first two movies of the second generation of the X.Men franchise seem to be the best of the lot. I heard a rumour there is a long wait for a re-boot, but it is coming at some point.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 9th June 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

I didn’t quite understand Mystique dying!

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 9th June 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I’m kinda glad this was the last one because what even is the timeline supposed to be anymore? Michael Fassbender won’t become Ian Mckellen in 8 years no matter how hard they try.

+Quote this post
megnano
post 10th June 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #19
Group icon
New Entry
User: 87,189

QUOTE(Saenerys @ Jun 9 2019, 05:33 PM) *
I didn’t quite understand Mystique dying!

Me neither. The whole thing was a disappointment for sure. Add this to Hellboy as a flop, who would have thought?

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 11th June 2019, 01:26 PM
Post #20
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

I really loved Apocalypse but I found this a big disappointment in comparison. Not nearly enough Evan Peters and it was also disappointing that Jennifer Lawrence is only in half of it - James McAvoy is not one of the main draws for me by any stretch laugh.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:52 PM